Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
The Official Thread for Joe Cowley and his Agenda.
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 10:55 AM) Hey, it was the last animated movie to ever be nominated for Best Picture! Just enjoy the implied idea that Cowley thinks of himself as "Beauty/Truth/Integrity" in this situation, fighting a one man war like Don Quixote against the relentless repression of JR and KW and Don Cooper. Yes, now we're to literature references as well. I wouldnt say "we".....
-
The Official Thread for Joe Cowley and his Agenda.
did i read that right or did Beauty and the Beast just get referenced?
-
The Pet Thread
I just found out my basset hound was afraid of storms last night, which is wonderful Some people actually have to tranquilize their dogs to get them through storms because they freak out so much. There are some over the counter relaxers you can get from the pet store as well, but it is just herbal stuff. Talk to your vet about it, maybe they can offer you a sedative for when your dog gets out of hand
-
2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread
QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 08:51 PM) 1.) Yeah, I would think Kentucky has a shot at winning No. 2 in a row and 9 in school history. I'd think if Kentucky had gotten Shabazz, Anderson and Tony Parker, Kentucky would be a lock to repeat and have as good a record next year as it had this year. Can UCLA do anything with its stellar recruiting class or is Howland a joke? 2.) Tell me about Daniels. Is he a hi major guy? I know Barry Hinson personally. He is one of the finest men I've ever met. In an era of high-ego bastards who do s*** like the football coach at Arkansas ... Barry Hinson DOES NOT DRINK, smoke or have any vices. He is a Christian who does not shove it down your throat like a Tebow. He lives it. GOOD LUCK BARRY HINSON. Dantiel was a gem that Lowery found while recruiting another player. He is a big kid, listed at 6'6" i believe, and very strong. I think he will definitely catch on to a high major team, he is a rebounding fool and has a decent game around the rim. He needs work on his FTs, but par for the course for college big men. I think Hinson will do well in SIU, i really do. I am interested to see what his first class looks like, he is scrambling to get a few scholarships filled right now due to a JUCO backing out of his LOI and Daniels asking for his release. There is one other possible kid leaving, so it may be three
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 08:52 PM) Building some minutes while trying to make sure he doesn't get hurt. I dont know if the two are a direct correlation at all times, it didnt really seem to make a difference a month and a half ago when he returned and immediately injured his shoulder running into a defender. Sometimes s*** happens, no matter how much you micromanage it Rip has to start playing. And he has to start playing more with Rose, and he has to start playing meaningful minutes.
-
ELO Rater
QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 09:26 PM) http://www.baseball-reference.com/friv/ Try it! I bet you can easily waste 15-20 minutes on it. I expected to be able to rate ELO videos like "Fire on High" or "Don't drag me down". Very disappointed.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
I don't understand what they are doing with Rip at this point. He was on fire in the 3rd quarter again and didn't come back in basically for the rest of the game.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
I want to see rust falling off Rose in chunks tonite. This little stretch against bad teams should be where Rose can get back in rhythm
-
White Sox Loser
Wtf. How did I miss that. I must have been letting the dogs out or something. Sorry Caulfield
-
White Sox Loser
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 04:30 PM) Questionable decisions by Ventura to let Sale go out again for the 6th and to take out Stewart after a 1-2-3 7th, as well as leaving in Ohman to face right-handed batters. Sale came out after the 5th, Jones came in the game in the 6th.
-
GT 4/15/12 - SOX vs. Tigers - 1:10p CDT - WGN
QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 02:40 PM) Is Stewart getting loose? He is now
-
GT 4/15/12 - SOX vs. Tigers - 1:10p CDT - WGN
QUOTE (black jack @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 11:34 AM) Are they wearing the red jerseys to go along with Jackie's number? I believe so. The official white sox twitter account yesterday posted a picture of lillibridge showing off his red shoes that he was to wear today.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
David Terrell arrested for domestic battery, apparently roughed up his girlfriend and threatened to throw her off the balcony of his apartment
-
The Miami Marlins thread
Ha, those end of article comments are awesome, its like reading a Soxtalk gamethread last season(with the exception of wanting Pierre as a defensive replacement) I had no idea LoMo was a bad defensive player. I thought he was supposed to be the total package
-
Paul Konerko
He is the renaissance man, there is no doubt about it. The shoulder shrug is gone, every at-bat is a battle. I love watching him hit now, he really uses the entire field now
-
2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 14, 2012 -> 11:03 AM) Ugh. Not good start to Hinson era I feel bad for him. Tough situation to walk into, Lowery already chased these kids away, Hinson is in immediate damage control
-
THAT'S A PEAVY WIN AND A WHITE SOX WINNERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I'm not ready to bury Beckham and designate him a utility man 6 games after the Ozzie era. I think Beckham is still being reprogrammed, I'm willing to give him at least until the all star break before I start shoveling dirt over his career.
-
2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread
SIU loses promising freshman Dantiel Daniels. He will be a good get for someone.
-
GT 4/13/12 - SOX vs. Tigers - 1:10p CDT - CSN
It is such a different series against the Tigers when you don't have that threat of Verlander in one of the games. When he is pitching you almost think it is the best of two, with the game against him a foregone conclusion that it is a loss.
-
2012 White Sox Catch-All thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2012 -> 06:50 PM) I saw he was in the hospital earlier today. Any idea what is wrong? espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/post/_/id/9276/source-ex-sox-pitcher-hickey-in-coma Weird story. He is an insulin dependent diabetic and he was found unresponsive in his hotel room, but his vital signs are fine.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7810620/new-york-knicks-jared-jeffries-likes-chicago-bulls-matchup-playoffs Jared Jeffries wants the Bulls in the first round. He doesn't really think the Bulls can hang with them over a 7 game series(minus Rose). I think the Bulls could beat the Knicks without Rose. I don't want them to, but I think they could
-
The Pet Thread
QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Apr 13, 2012 -> 02:32 PM) We just taught our 3-year-old dog how to shake. She learned sit, speak and down when she was a puppy. She also knows "off" when she gets her front paws up somewhere she's not supposed to be and "leave it" when she chases after one of the cats (although they usually do a pretty good job of letting her know if they don't want her around. In fact she's scared of one them and he's the smallest one.). For some reason she never understood "shake" until a few days ago. We tought my now deceased basset Clark how to shake when he was 10 years old. My(also now deceased) chocolate lab sunny knew how to do it, and one day I sat there with treats and would tell her to shake, and give her a treat. He watched me do it maybe 10 times then he started raising his paw. I know it is monkey see monkey do, but I was really rather amazed that he learned that quickly considering how stubborn he was.
-
The Pet Thread
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 13, 2012 -> 12:46 PM) Aaawwww so close! I thought for a second there you would go through the whole thing without adding in your own personal opinion. So while telling us to stop, you also weighed in the issue. and also for that second you thought i cared. Now stop
-
The Pet Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 13, 2012 -> 09:41 AM) Ok, I promise I will stop telling Joe he is wrong when you stop telling Greg775 he is wrong... I dont tell greg he is wrong. I just say "come on, again?" its different. And this is mostly to tell Joe to stop baiting you, which he clearly is. Lets get back to what this thread is about, not telling Joe to quit pimping lazy mans dog products.
-
The Pet Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 13, 2012 -> 09:33 AM) It's a civil disagreement. That has run 27 pages now. Let's talk about our pets, not Joes way of taking care of his. We know your stances on the issue. Shack takes the hands on, joe takes the hands off. The recommendations have been made from both sides. The public is aware.