Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
The Miami Marlins thread
QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 02:07 PM) The bottom line is the Marlins' Ozzie crisis is now old news, has passed through the news cycle and like Rush Limbaugh he's now fine and safe. If the Marlins win, he'll be beloved; if they lose he'll be mocked/hated or igorned/ Beloved by who? Nobody cares
-
Soxtalk WANTS YOU!
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 04:00 PM) I'm seriously not kidding. It's becoming like Godwin's law...as a Soxtalk thread approaches its 3rd page, the probability of a Joe Cowley mention approaches unity. We had the same problem with Mariotti. Could you imagine if he had a twitter account in 05? We will just wait for the Cow to embarrass himself nationally(again?) and he will go away
-
Soxtalk WANTS YOU!
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 03:54 PM) Joe Cowley mentioned in fewer threads. but i dont feel banning caulfield is fair, he didnt do anything bad
-
The Miami Marlins thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 10:54 AM) dammit
-
The Miami Marlins thread
someone clicked the wrong thread. not gonna name names. but he has a lot of posts and posted right above me
-
The Miami Marlins thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 09:06 AM) (yay, someone other than me missed a joke!) dammit
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
what a horrible thing to know your death is coming like that, and to also know that the stubborness of your own government will deliver you to that death.
-
The Miami Marlins thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 08:03 AM) Wait...there was a 1997? When did this happen? When he freaked out about the Sox not keeping him around. He talked a lot of s*** and eventually gave a half assed apology I cant wait until Ozzie starts talking contract extension
-
2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 06:51 PM) Who else? I assume the kids that want to split wanted to play for Lowery for some reason. Treg Setty, Dantiel Daniels, Bobo Drummond, Travis Wilkins. Basically last year and this years classes. Some say treg wanted to go home, some say they both wanted Korn on the staff. Bobo and Travis just don't want to go to a coach that didn't recruit them I guess
-
2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread
Goddamnit Chris Lowery totally submarined SIU. 4 players asking for their release now. f*** HIM
-
The Official Thread for Joe Cowley and his Agenda.
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 01:15 PM) Oh, see, I don't follow that s***. Your brain is better for it. The funny thing is, I am pretty sure Cowley is covering the Bulls this season. He was at the detroit game on Sunday. He is just wasting his time and energy hating on the Sox
-
The Official Thread for Joe Cowley and his Agenda.
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 12:41 PM) Either Caulfield is Cowley, psychic, been hacked by Cowley, posting Cowley quotes (I don't read it), possessed by Cowley, or just gone insane. I believe obsessed is the correct adjective. And the above quotes are from Joe's twitter feed during the game last night if I am reading right.
-
Game Thread: BAL @ CHW, 4/17, 7:10pm
QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 12:24 PM) Meh. CSMBAA. I agree with this. We shall find out
-
Game Thread: BAL @ CHW, 4/17, 7:10pm
JDINAA
-
Peavy Wrigleyville Party Time!
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 09:32 AM) In my post I even typed "I don't even know if I care". My biggest complain is he's partying with a shirtless fat dude. shirtless fat dudes are always the life of the party. they yell alot, break stuff, and almost assuredly get written on when they pass out.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
I dont care if he complains. Brandon Roy once said that when he came into the league he was humble and quiet on the court and never got a call, once he started complaining about everything he started getting the calls. If that is what Rose needs to do, so be it. Rose DOES get hit a lot, and very little gets called on him.
-
Peavy Wrigleyville Party Time!
of all people complaining about this, i did not expect it to be you Steve
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 07:42 AM) I'm this close to losing hope with the Bulls this season and calling them a first round knockout. Think of it, if you're playing the Bulls in the first round, the formula is pretty simple. 2 hard hits in game 1 on Derrick Rose and he misses the next 3 games. Then, you start swatting at Deng's wrist. I doubt that happens, but if it does it will greatly emphasize the need to get another superstar to play next to Rose.
-
Rosenthal mea culpa on Ventura
QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 03:38 PM) I don't mean to argue, but I think his primary mistake is that he misread the ball badly. The wind didn't help, but he broke way back on a ball that Laird didn't hit well at all. Whether he could have caught it without the wind, I don't know, but his main problem was the misread. Yea his initial break was bad, and then by the time he realized his mistake the wind knocked the ball down and he had no shot at it. The funny thing is, the ball landed just a little bit in front of where he was standing before the play.
-
Anyone put a "hold" on a credit card charge
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 01:20 PM) No, wouldn't work for someplace like WalMart, but works pretty well for local businesses. Our disputes dept tries to get people to contact the merchant first, but many times it doesnt go smoothly.
-
Anyone put a "hold" on a credit card charge
QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 01:14 PM) I had to get Discover involved back when I finally got rid of AOL. I'm not sure how many times I called them and canceled yet they continued to charge my card for 3 months afterward. AOL was notoriously difficult to get rid of. I remember hearing some real horror stories about people trying to cancel. recurring billers are all tough to deal with. Magazines, internet service providers, etc. Some people throw their hands up and just change the card number altogether
-
Anyone put a "hold" on a credit card charge
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 01:09 PM) I've never resorted to calling a credit card provider to resolve a dispute. I prefer to tell the offending party that between Facebook, Twitter, and whatever local/national message boards might apply to their particular business, I can pretty much promise that you will miss out on at least twice as much business as the value of our dispute. LMAO and that really works for you? Maybe for some small businesses here and there, but merchants like Walmart would laugh in your face. Small claims court is a tough route to go, most of the time you end up wasting your own time and money and never get a resolve anyways
-
Anyone put a "hold" on a credit card charge
QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 12:31 PM) Ahhh....wisdom. More like "line of work" People tell us to "not pay that merchant" and stop payment all the time. It simply doesn't work like that
-
Anyone put a "hold" on a credit card charge
QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 11:50 AM) Im curious to see if anyone has ever put a charge into dispute or a stop payment on a credit card charge? How did it end up? My wife and I just did this for the first time with a difficult situation with a photographer. If the charge is MC or Visa, there is no hold. If the charge is already run/swiped/approved, you are filing a dispute over services rendered. If the Photographer has not provided services within the agreed upon time, and refuses to address your concerns then you can file a dispute over the charge and the bank will go after them for you for credit. The question really is, did the photographer do a bad job, or just hasnt come through with the pictures at all? Sometimes a dispute can be tricky based on perception of services rendered(ie. these pictures suck im not paying for them vs I never got what I paid for/double billed for services) Amex has a completely different relationship with merchants which is why fraud and disputes is handled differently, and it is also why Amex is not accepted universally. Basically the onus is on the merchant, and they dont like that.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_...blink-back-wall I was reading the most recent "Vinny Del Negro might lose his job" article on ESPN, and I found this quote amusing: According to a source familiar with Clippers thinking. LMAO, ESPN just loves their sources