Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 24, 2009 -> 12:51 PM) As long as we're talking buzzer beaters,Derek Fisher's heave with less than a second,.04 to be exact that beat the Spurs was just insane. Wasnt that shot highly debated because the shot clock didnt start at the right time, thus giving Fisher extra time?
  2. QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 23, 2009 -> 12:44 PM) it was quiet, but in the offseason both radio stations reported there was some internal discussion on whether or not to pick up his option. It wasnt quiet at all. It was all over the papers "Will the Cubs pick up Hardens option?", they made a soap opera over it. The score was following it like it was a hot story
  3. http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/baseball-rai...dance-off-24015 A rain cancellation turns into a dance off
  4. Kyyle23 replied to BobDylan's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (iamshack @ May 23, 2009 -> 04:49 AM) Hah, I know I will catch s*** for this, but I have been reading the Twilight series. I resisted for a long time, but I work 12 hour night shifts several times a month and so I need something to make the time pass. I love vampire lore, so I figured what the heck. Picked up the first book in the series and have been hooked since. Another solid vampire book, for those of you into that sort of thing, is The Historian....good stuff. I have a co-worker who took her kids to the Twilight movie, and she read the book afterwards just to compare and became hooked immediately.
  5. Kyyle23 replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:38 AM) I kid you not... now about to start filming, with the original cast... Ghostbusters III. The video game that is coming out soon is supposed to segue Ghostbusters II and III.
  6. QUOTE (rangercal @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:19 AM) A Lebron vs Carmelo Finals might be something the NBA wants. I dont think they mind either way. They can build a lot of hype with Lakers or nuggets
  7. Kyyle23 replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 21, 2009 -> 08:37 PM) I believe she's a lesbian, Brian. I'm sorry for your loss. she swings both ways, she is married to some dude named Noah Danby now so brian, resume your thoughts of hitting that.
  8. Kyyle23 replied to BobDylan's topic in SLaM
    My best friend has been a bathroom reader since he was a kid, and one time he just starts spouting off all of these random facts, and I asked him where he got it from, it turns out he was reading a book called "The Bathroom Book" which is full of random stories and facts. lol
  9. anyone seen Vince McMahon vs the City of Denver? swerve!!!
  10. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 21, 2009 -> 12:38 PM) Farmio says KW says that the deal is done. We have confirmation it's all on Peavy. WE KNOW THIS ALREADY
  11. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 21, 2009 -> 12:06 PM) Have we ever tracked a trade on this site that has actually gone through? I don't think we have. Every trade that breaks on this site is a done deal 10 minutes after we hear about it, or it has already been done. Ken Griffey Jr had the same deal last year, we waited on him to waive his NTC
  12. QUOTE (fathom @ May 21, 2009 -> 12:00 PM) Why not? If there's someone who would rather pitch in the NL instead of play for a more competitive team in the big bad AL, that's the definition of a coward. then call him a coward.
  13. QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:56 AM) If you paid attention to the Peavy rumors over the offseason, that deal with the Cubs was supposedly alive for like 3 months. Jake the Pussy doesn't commit to anything. He leaves his agent hanging, and his agent tries to keep his client's options open since the Pads suck and want to move him. Enough with this, no need to continue to say this because it slips past the filter
  14. QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 21, 2009 -> 10:01 AM) Hampton knows nothing about baseball on the SCORE. I should have expected this from a football guy, but he just said, Peavy didn't look good when he saw him pitch and thinks Peavy isn't that good. Has he looked at this guy's stats? And he's ONLY 27!!! consider the source.
  15. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 21, 2009 -> 09:55 AM) Wait, a deal has already been decided on? We're just waiting for Peavy to accept or decline? Kalapse was on to this immediately, he gets the credit here(besides KONA). He completely doubted the validity of it as soon as he saw it, but he had the link up to us in chat when the MLB.com rumor was a page and a half
  16. QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 21, 2009 -> 09:12 AM) you'd have to think other teams have been digging for Peavy with deal scenarios all offseason and up until this point the fact that *this* deal is the one getting reported could mean a lot The only thing I am concerned about is if this is the deal that is being thrown out there to have a team(most likely the Brewers) sweeten the pot. Kind of like what happened with the Miguel Cabrera trade to detroit
  17. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 21, 2009 -> 08:59 AM) Levine on ESPN right now. Confirms nothing new. Levine must be upset about this
  18. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 21, 2009 -> 08:46 AM) If this happens today I will rub one out at my cubicle. truly a BigSqwert
  19. This is kind of like last year waiting for Griffey to say yes And I would like to add, I wont doubt KONA from the mlb.com messageboards ever again if this happens
  20. QUOTE (chisox2334 @ May 21, 2009 -> 08:10 AM) sorry source said deal is done pending peavy deicsion Thats been the status quo since last night. This deal is (supposedly) done and signed off, all Peavy has to do is waive his NTC
  21. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 21, 2009 -> 08:08 AM) I just read this on BBTF. Is KW really going to pull this rabbit out of a hat? As of now, KW has his hand in the top hat, its up to the rabbit to come out
  22. QUOTE (G&T @ May 21, 2009 -> 07:56 AM) This has nothing to do with the Cubs. If this deal happens, you can bet your money the Cubs are going to be all over the papers for missing out
  23. QUOTE (chw42 @ May 21, 2009 -> 07:11 AM) Thing is, do we really want Peavy? His career ERA is 3.80 away from Petco. Now he comes into a better league in a hitter's park. Can we say regression? I know Peavy's a good pitcher and he would probably be our best pitcher if we got him, but damn, he pitched in the WBC in 06 and sucked that year and he's coming off the WBC this year as well and he's also not pitching too well other than his last start against the Reds. I honestly don't see a Jake Peavy in both Richard and Poreda. I think those guys make sense. They're expendable. If this deal doesn't involve Beckham or Alexei, I'm fine with it. I also don't like the idea of getting rid of Dye since this offesne already sucks. The thing with this deal is, I don't see the Sox winning the division even with Peavy. Not with Gavin Floyd pitching the way he has been. Peavy affords the Sox time to get Floyd straightened out, especially if Contreras can figure things out. I dont know why you are so hesitant to put a pitcher of this caliber on the starting 5
  24. Kyyle23 replied to BobDylan's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 21, 2009 -> 07:20 AM) If you're referring to my blackberry then yes. Otherwise I want to get out of there asap. Thats pretty much where I get all of my reading done. Its the only place I can get some PEACE AND (relative) QUIET!
  25. Kyyle23 replied to BobDylan's topic in SLaM
    How many of you are bathroom readers?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.