Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (shipps @ May 13, 2009 -> 06:39 PM) Greg Anthony ripped him a new one a year or so ago when he was on Cold Pizza on virtually every topic they discussed. He made Skip look like a f***ing idiot. I couldnt believe Anthony was so informed and intelligent. I dont think he got to do the show with Bayless again after that. I remember when Greg Anthony did the same thing to Steven A Smith when they were both on the TNT pregame show for the NBA playoffs during Dwyane Wade's rookie year. Smith spent so much time talking about how the Heat didnt have a chance against the Hornets and really talking down about them, and Anthony was really calm and collected and very informed about the whole situation, and when Miami went and took the series, they cut back to the studio and steven A smith was VISIBLY embarrassed and turning red, and Anthony took it to another level. I like Greg Anthony, the guy is cool under pressure
  2. aww man, now steve is going to have unbridled resentment towards me.
  3. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2009 -> 06:47 PM) Well, despite the chicanery and tomfoolery today: KW, having the biggest ego of all GM's west of the NESN broadcasting area, WON'T ever admit that the failure of the team has anything to do with the overall talent level of the team or that he believed they wouldn't compete for the AL Central title in 2009. The question is, who will blow up first if this year trends into another 2007, Ozzie or KW? I would rather have Steve Stone as the GM, personally, and I wouldn't mind seeing Ozzie stick around to manage the new generation of Sox players over the next 2-3 years and see how he does with a team that's more suited for his managerial style: players like Nix, Getz, Ramirez, Allen and Beckham, mixing in the power of Flowers/Viciedo and the speed/athleticism of Danks/Shelby. GMAB, KW is no different from any other GM in the game, we just are exposed to every little thing he says, quit acting like he kicked your dog.
  4. For a little background on this story, Bayless made an outrageous claim about Philly fans being violent and dangerous and a philly ESPN radiohost(Missanelli) completely blows him up on the air regarding his lack of research http://950espn.com/Audio/tabid/183/article...ip-Bayless.aspx I love how Bayless tries to bigtime him and act like he is better than him, lol
  5. Is there a picture yet where Ozzie is looking like he is farting towards the umpire? Thats gotta be a caption contest
  6. QUOTE (iamshack @ May 13, 2009 -> 02:44 PM) Actually, I graduated from SIU as well...so it is fairly clear that the Harvard of the Midwest is really starting to turn out some talent... lmao, I love it
  7. Ozzies ninja farts are toss-worthy apparently. Did he cup and throw it? I hate that.....
  8. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 13, 2009 -> 01:21 PM) Man this site is really going to the s***ter. you aint seen nothin yet!
  9. Thanks for the props guys, hopefully Im not noticeable as a mod as much as I am a poster(meaning I have to flex some mod muscles.....which is pretty much all the muscles I have)
  10. QUOTE (Brian @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:37 AM) I'm the Susan Lucci of this site. So you slept with everyone?
  11. I had family in C'dale for graduation, and they were at Creekside partying and watched a huge tree get uprooted from the rear end side of the apt building. And they said on the way out of town every power line they saw was down. Unreal, these types of storms are crazy
  12. Well, it is USC. Im not surprised in the least
  13. QUOTE (rangercal @ May 10, 2009 -> 04:04 PM) Hard to believe about half of NBA fans compared Lebron and Carmelo back in 2003. It was at least kind of justified. Melo basically put Syracuse on his back and won a national championship, LeBron was infinitely ahead of anyone in his age group in high school, but never got to face a higher level of competition like Melo. It looks kind of ridiculous now, and thats not to say Melo is a bad player at all, its just that LeBron is that damn great
  14. http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/1965 See? I wasnt hearing voices in my head telling me strange things
  15. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 10, 2009 -> 04:03 PM) I think having to send down Jose took a lot out of him. I think being forced to put this lineup out there for the last two weeks is taking more out of him than Contreras. And he probably wishes he has an ice cream sandwich too. *disappointed looks towards Shipps*
  16. QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ May 10, 2009 -> 03:55 PM) Does it really bother you that much to actually post that question? Why is there a Pale Hose Talk section if there is a problem posting Sox-related news? Its not a big deal really, but this gets posted every time Comcast or MLB network runs the program
  17. QUOTE (shipps @ May 10, 2009 -> 02:32 PM) Last year I felt horrible about this team at times like I do now....but boy that Blackout game was fun. I am not any less confident in this team as a whole over the longhaul than I was at the start of the season. Take your sunshine elsewhere, this is not the place
  18. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2009 -> 02:17 PM) Stone just said Contreras will be working out of the bullpen. Just going off what I heard. There was no "If" about Contreras going to AAA, it was happening according to Coop
  19. QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2009 -> 02:29 PM) The worst part about this is Hawk will blame that close pitch on Andrus as the reason we lost (if we do). It hasn't been a strike all game. oh yes thats definitely the worst part
  20. QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2009 -> 02:16 PM) Wait, WHY IN THE f*** IS RICHARD WARMING UP? Goodness Ozzie, WTF is going on with you. Coop said on the pregame this was the plan. He also said that Richard has not been decided on yet
  21. QUOTE (shipps @ May 10, 2009 -> 02:09 PM) what the f*** videos does kyyle have of them two? If I did have a video, I know who I WOULDNT be sharing it with
  22. Coop said he readily accepted the trip down there because he knew he needed to work on things
  23. QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 10, 2009 -> 01:19 PM) I think the hope is the Contreras finds his control and cures whatever else is the issue and the move to the pen is temporary. I am not certain Richard is the final answer for the team. Richard in long relief seesm and a cured Contreras seems to be a better option IMO. On my way to pick up lunch today I was listening to Coop and he said that Contreras accepted a demotion to AAA to work out his problems. Maybe that should be included in the thread title as well, because that does change things a lot
  24. QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2009 -> 02:01 PM) The pathetic thing is that with Pods wife giving birth, Loserbridge might play the next 2 games in Cleveland. Pods f***ed up so many things when he got her pregnant
  25. QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2009 -> 01:51 PM) Bartolo looks awful out of the stretch. When you get that big, its hard to stretch

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.