Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2009 -> 01:50 PM) I actually missed it, bad throw? gameday says throwing error. TIFWIW
  2. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 10, 2009 -> 12:05 PM) I'm on the Alexei to CF bandwagon. Yeah, no matter what the bench is extremely thin right now. Its sunday, looks like a Sunday lineup, not surprised
  3. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 10, 2009 -> 11:59 AM) Why bat Lilli 2nd? Why have him in the line-up at all? Hell, why is he on a MLB roster? With pods gone no choice but to start him
  4. QUOTE (JustWin @ May 10, 2009 -> 11:50 AM) I probably am. So what? I thought I could join this forum and speak freely on how much I loathe the Cubs and their fans. Maybe I was wrong. try and mix in a little sox talk(haha, see what I did there?) and you wont catch too much flak
  5. QUOTE (Princess Dye @ May 10, 2009 -> 11:42 AM) caulfield's a top 5 poster here, easily Who is in your top 5?
  6. QUOTE (shipps @ May 10, 2009 -> 11:38 AM) LOL caulfield,how did you sidetrack yourself into talking about Cavalier attendance? Do you even realize that you do this on a consistent basis? LOL, dont question the madness lest you become mad yourself
  7. WHAT?!?!?!?!!? PODS GOT DERGAN PREGNANT?!??! WTF IS THE MATTER WITH HIM?!?!?!! QUOTE (fathom @ May 9, 2009 -> 09:55 PM) It's broken record time: play Wilson Betemit. Fields has no chance against Padilla's strong fastball. when you wish upon a "star".......
  8. QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ May 10, 2009 -> 11:17 AM) I think Pronk and Gordon are injured and out for awhile so thats good news Well yeah, but my point/question was encompassing the season, not just right now
  9. Is it normally considered a good or bad thing to have a lefty-heavy pitching staff? Seems like a lot of teams can load up on right handed hitters vs the Sox now, however some big inter-division lefties(Hafner, Morneau, Mauer, Teahen, Gordon, Granderson) could be neutralized more effectively.
  10. QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 10, 2009 -> 10:29 AM) Any team thinkin they can contend is not going to trade you a quality pitcher. The Angels will not tade Joe Saunders, etc. Howeevr, if Pedro Martinez will sign a Bart Colon type deal he might be an option. Well yeah, why would they? He is their number 1, that wouldnt make any sense at all. Thats not quite the example you want to look for here.
  11. QUOTE (knightni @ May 10, 2009 -> 09:23 AM) My God. You're frisky today. There is at least one good joke whenever Colon starts, guaranteed. And its Sunday and I am at work, so early bird gets the worm. Or in Shipps case, Early bird gets the ice cream sandwich in the pants
  12. QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2009 -> 09:47 AM) I don't blame the umps one bit for warning Jenks. It was obvious he was trying to send a message, and know he even admitted it. Last night, Getz got hit with a slow curve and CQ got hit in the 8th in a big situation where Millwood wasn't trying to hit him. I dont either, but I would like it to go the other way as well. Greinke WAS headhunting with Alexei the other day, after routinely hitting the Sox this year, an the guy doesnt get one word of warning.
  13. QUOTE (shipps @ May 10, 2009 -> 09:46 AM) I think I was just smuggling them down to my room and then took them out. I mean what better place to transpost ice cream then your crotch? One time I put a cd in the microwave and turned it on. The random s*** that I do is bizarre. cds in the microwave are cool the first time. Then it becomes smelly and the lightning effect gets old Although i have to admit, in college I destroyed a hell of a lot of those auto-mail AOL cds when i would come home wasted late at night
  14. QUOTE (shipps @ May 10, 2009 -> 09:21 AM) I have a history of sleep walking but I only do it maybe 4 times a year. I have always only vaguely remember walking around when I wake up in the morning but it could have been a dream in my mind. When I woke up I seen the melting ice cream on the ground in my room and seen the stereo cord rapped around the stereo like I was wrapping it up for a big move. Among other random things moved around in my room. So I am just gonna take my roommate for his word that I was putting the ice cream in my pants,he doesnt have a reason to lie really. I dont remember doing any of that stuff though. I just figured you might have some melted ice cream in the undies making things a bit uncomfortable I had a friend in college who did a few funny things one night. His girlfriend told me he woke up, opened his 3 disc carousel, spit in it, closed it and pressed play and went back to bed. then 3 hours later he woke up and went to throw up in the bathroom, grabbed the wrong door, and threw up in the dorm hallway instead(the bathroom and hall door were back to back). The entire floor smelled like vomit for like 2 weeks, it was awful
  15. QUOTE (shipps @ May 10, 2009 -> 09:04 AM) Well I think the culture of that franchise is changing and not so much for the better but it is changing from being the loveable team. The fans and media are really quick to rip on their team now when before they could do nothing wrong. Before it was eternal optimism and now they are pretty negative when the Cubs are doing bad. I cant blame them for realizing 100 years of optimism did not work. Its too bad they thing they have to swing the pendulum the other way completely
  16. Padilla Colon sounds like something you need to go to the doctor for. "Dr, I think I have Padilla colon" "Here son, penicillin twice a day"
  17. QUOTE (knightni @ May 10, 2009 -> 08:55 AM) The real question is... How can he hold a baseball? of course, of course. He is the famous Mr Ed
  18. I am trying to wrap my head around the fact that Shipps woke up and thought he was sleepwalking, yet his roomate had to tell him that he was shoving ice cream down his pants. Didnt you know that, you know, from the time you woke up?
  19. QUOTE (whitesox901 @ May 10, 2009 -> 08:35 AM) I think taking a chance on Oliver Perez would be a huge gamble, but I think we should take a look at the idea for a sec. Paul Lo Duca was on a New York sports show and was talking about how Oliver's mechanic is the key to his succession, and once he has a bad inning, he starts to over think (which is what was going on with Floyd) and completely falls apart, I think if we gave it a shot, I think Peres would work out. my back up plans are to sign Pedro and Sheets, now with Sheets, even though he won't be ready until sometime next season, you sign him but don't guarantee him any money until he proves himself, so when he returns and goes 0-4 with a 12.00 ERA or something, you don't have to give him any money except for the league minimum Sheets is probably going to the Rangers when he is healthy, before he decided on the tendon surgery he almost had a 2 year deal signed with the Rangers, and is currently rehabbing with the Rangers team doctors http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/fantasy/wsfb/news/i...&pid=282656
  20. A horse is a horse, of course, of course, And no one can talk to a horse of course That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mr. Ed. Go right to the source and ask the horse He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse. He's always on a steady course. Talk to Mr. Ed. People yakkity yak a streak and waste your time of day But Mister Ed will never speak unless he has something to say. A horse is a horse, of course, of course, And this one'll talk 'til his voice is hoarse. You never heard of a talking horse? Well listen to this. I am Mister Ed.
  21. QUOTE (BearSox @ May 10, 2009 -> 03:02 AM) ^^^ Wait, so was it intentional or not? agreed, bobby had a little bit of double talk going on there. I still think its ridiculous that the Sox get hit so much that they have to b**** about it in the papers, yet no ump ever warned an opposing pitcher against the Sox, yet the Sox throw behind 1 batter and the ump comes flying out to warn Jenks.
  22. QUOTE (fathom @ May 9, 2009 -> 04:42 PM) He's been good on the bases, as he's only been caught stealing once. IIRC that was a botched hit and run attempt(i think by lillibridge). So he was hung out to dry
  23. QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 9, 2009 -> 09:26 AM) Freel will play third and hit better than Ramirez would this is how things work out for the cubs. No, this isnt going to happen. freel is not a better hitter than Aramis
  24. Kyyle23 replied to Brian's topic in SLaM
    I think one of the big things stopping this case from getting anywhere is that this isnt just a Drew Peterson trial. I think if Drew goes down, there are going to be some upper level guys getting dragged into this as well, which will further make Chicagoland police look bad. Drew wasnt able to get off scott-free the first time on luck.
  25. I know plenty of you have probably seen this story pop up here and there in the past week, if there was already a thread created I apologize. The story started off with the wife of Louisville equiptment manager Tim Sypher(Karen Sypher) trying to extort money out of Pitino, anonymously yet asking for her kids tuition expenses to be covered and for them to recieve cars, but later changed the demand to 10 million bucks So Pitino went ahead and got the Feds involved, at which point Karen started to wear large hats and make strange faces to the camera and claim she doesnt know what he is talking about. Tim Sypher backed Pitino, and claimed his wife was crazy and that they were getting a divorce which was why she was starting all this crap. Now some strong rumors are starting to come out that Pitino had some pretty big skeletons in his closet, which may or may not have included his son. With the rumors popping up that Pitino may be headed to the Kings, it seems a bit odd considering his complete flop in the NBA the first time and his resurgence at Louisville.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.