Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Aga3...o&type=lgns Interesting take on Prior.
  2. Kyyle23 replied to DABearSoX's topic in SLaM
    I wonder where the spider bite was on his body? His lower back?
  3. QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Mar 13, 2009 -> 10:04 AM) (dont get what this has to do with the cubs lol) yea, its funny bcuz literally everyone thinks cq was a fluke last year. hes not even rated as a top 20 ofer lol baseball perspectives(or however u spell it) and all those sites think it was nsbb.com is a big cubs forum
  4. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 11:12 AM) Theres a pretty hilarious thread on nsbb.com talking about how Quentin's HR's last year were lucky. Just goes to prove that if you want to find a metric to prove any point in baseball, you can make it up and people will fall in line That BS that roast is talking about only takes into account that homeruns could be lucky if they are windblown. Well what happens if the wind is blowing in? Do you get extra points in the stupid metric for that?
  5. .....and the crowd goes wild
  6. Kyyle23 replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    Up Trailer 3 - Watch more Funny Videos
  7. Kyyle23 replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    Trent Reznor posted this on his recent Twitter LOL
  8. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 11, 2009 -> 10:23 AM) Does anyone remember what Carlos Quentin hit last spring? .227 Joe Crede hit .135 and was a big reason for the White Sox early wins. Nick Swisher hit .294. Brian Anderson hit .365 and led the team in homers last spring. He hardly got to play. If he were Cuban, Cubano would have been up in arms. Tomo Okha's ERA was 0.90. He couldn't get batters out in AAA. Floyd's ERA last spring was over 6.00. Spring stats mean nothing. All the Josh Kroeger excitement will be forgotten a year from now. Any worry about Quentin will be forgotten as well. You just have to hope your better players are healthy. LMAO, too true. I could picture the retaliation thread aimed towards Ozzie right now
  9. QUOTE (G&T @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 08:46 PM) Dude, you have no idea. When I was younger I wanted anything that I saw on TV. I would have bought a Bag-o-Glass. LOL, that was a great SNL skit
  10. QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 11, 2009 -> 01:14 AM) So I couldn't remember if I had actually signed up for Soxtalk League 1 on Yahoo. I go and check, and I had made a team called "Sandwiches" and was like, wtf, why did I pick that name. Then I remembered I had created the team while very drunk and eating Jimmy John's. At least I spelled it right. LOL, that is 10 different kinds of awesome
  11. QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 05:13 PM) Soooooooooo you voted BK shots??? face it, your ploy to sway the minds of soxtalk with your sleazy unoriginal marketing has failed. BK burger shots, my friend, are 2009 Crystal Clear Pepsi. QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 04:57 PM) Burger King is notorious for copying (or attempting to copy) anything others in that industry do that's successful. They tried to copy McDonalds fries in the early 2000's. In the mid 2000's they tried to copy the mega burger type of things from Hardee's, when Hardee's started seeing success by marketing unhealthy in an era of healthy. Now they're copying White Castle.
  12. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 03:50 PM) The show gave me my "Pleasantly Surprised Moment of the Week", when April took her shirt off. The clothes they had her in made me believe that she may have been over weight. Nice body. I laughed when he was "premature" but tried to make it off like they shouldn't of been making out. Thats exactly what I was saying a few posts back. the girl has a well defined set of abs. And other things
  13. Kyyle23 replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 02:58 PM) He seems to be there every year introducing bands huh, i thought he distanced himself from the planning aspect because he didnt like how mainstream it became. But then again, i didnt know if he came back or not after the hiatus that lolla took
  14. Kyyle23 replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 02:46 PM) I wasn't disparaging them, just making the joke that Perry Farrel put his own (albeit former) band as the headliner for his festival. I thought Perry Ferrell is no longer involved/affiliated with Lollapalooza?
  15. I bet shipps thinks that Burger King tacos are better than taco bell
  16. Kyyle23 replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    Im actually excited about Janes addiction. 3 days is still one of my favorite songs of all time, maybe since the original lineup is reuniting I can catch them playing it live
  17. QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 09:39 AM) Don't know if it was mentioned but Ron Kittle has a Facebook page. You guys can add him as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/people/Ronald-D-Kittle/558137503 somebody recommended that I add him as a friend and I did, and Kittle says some funny stuff. I think his kid made some profile status updates a few weeks ago that were hilarious, they were mostly ripping on his other son
  18. At least we all know that Ozzie is acknowledging the problem, so we dont have tons of "How does Ozzie not see that Jerry Owens sucks at life!?!?" posts during gamethreads. Well, that is until he inserts Owens into the starting lineup for opening day . Right now Owens has played himself out of a job, we all have to agree, but things can change by the end of the month.
  19. Me and my wife both noticed that it has been quite a while since we heard the Undertaker pic up a mic and do a promo with someone. It was a pretty good promo, I hope that HBK gets a good shot at breaking the streak
  20. QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 11:17 AM) Well its your god damn fault I am a raging alchoholic. That was on purpose. Go look at some nurses from the naughty closet and cool down
  21. QUOTE (The Beast @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 10:38 AM) I guess my issue is that UIC doesn't have a journalism program. I know they have a paper, and I know it is only weekly. I've often thought about writing PR reports, too. However, I would like to get a background in business so that I can adapt to writing in a business setting. As of right now, my goals are to improve my writing, vocabulary, and overall, just to move forward in life. I'm just unsure if the reason why I didn't want to write for the Daily Eastern News anymore was because the material they were giving me was dry, or for the fact that no one gives a crap about sports at this school. Thank you for your post; I'm going to consider a lot of what you've said. @kyyle: I'm just proving to you guys that I'm not as narrow minded as I was last year. College will change your mind occassionally. Props to you for at least giving it a try, and at the same time waiting until you were of age. If you become a raging alcoholic, its not my fault
  22. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 08:38 AM) New Zealand Town seems like a fun place to visit. I bet you would make a fearsome Maori warrior DBAHO
  23. QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 08:22 AM) Kidney stone maybe? thats what I thought too, but at the same time I wondered why didnt they just say he had a kidney stone that required surgery?
  24. I watched it again last night. The songs are progressively getting better, and they are so much in tuned with the storyline, as opposed to the songs last year being forced into the storyline. Fashion is such a catchy 80's-esque song
  25. QUOTE (The Beast @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 11:44 PM) Thank you for your respectful post. At no point throughout your post did I feel you were talking down to me at all. I appreciate your tone, especially for the reputation I used to carry around these boards. You're right, I did grow up. Sure, I have my beliefs that I fully do not understand (like drinking, although now I accept people who do, and I will also probably have a few myself in a month on my 21st birthday...at U.S. Cellular Field!), and I do not know what I want to go into, but I think your piece of advice about trying different things might be "the best medicine for what is ailing me." In fact, I think I'm going to take your bit about taking intro classes seriously. I also think that I'm going to write on UIC's weekly publication because I do enjoy writing. Though they do not have a journalism major there, I think I might take the two English courses (ick, one literature class) that will allow me to get into their internship program for writing-based jobs that also fall under the category of business. I will be willing to beef up my resume and do anything that is necessary to network. I just hope that things come eventually and not too late where I can find what I want to do. And I'm planning on running with it. P.S. Your bit about doing things you're uncomfortable with is right. And I'm already doing that. I'm going out on dates with girls (after those two months needed to get over the previous relationships), will probably go out with the guys for some drinks, am going to work this summer full-time, and I'm just going to try new things. You're absolutely right, taking a risk never felt so good. We are one month away from the apocalypse people. prepare thyself

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.