Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Nationals acquire Doolittle/Madson from As
QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 11:47 AM) Rizzo is not an idiot, so to me this is screaming that they just don't have budget. This could be an attempt of saying "look seriously we have no options, we need to take on at least another 10 mill." The Nationals dont strike me as a team that is hurting for money, i would think their ownership would be able to add some players like Robertson. I feel like this is Rizzo being unwilling to meet trade demands because he wants to keep his prospects. I can understand that to a point, but at the same time this team is so close to being World Series worthy. I mean, this is the same guy who sat Strasburg in the final stretch of a season where they were clearly a top team in the league, at Boras's request.
-
Nationals acquire Doolittle/Madson from As
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 10:54 AM) The Nats bullpen is like the village bicycle. Everyone gets a turn. I feel like every time Rizzo does something like this he is saying "Please work" over and over
-
League Wide Speculation
Yankees SP Michael Pineda diagnosed with partially torn UCL
-
Nationals acquire Doolittle/Madson from As
Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal Sources: #Nationals promoting relievers Trevor Gott and Austin Adams. Sammy Solis back to minors. K-Rod not currently under consideration.
-
Q traded to Cubs/Jimenez, Cease ++ to Sox
QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 08:02 PM) I spoke with several Sox and Cub fans around town today and to a man, every cub fan liked the trade and every so fan was madder than he11. Why make a trade that helps the cubs...in any way shape of form? Hahn had other alternatives. So what are the available alternatives to the fifth best prospect in baseball?
-
Q traded to Cubs/Jimenez, Cease ++ to Sox
QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 07:19 PM) I think Honel could have been good, he just got injured. And scared the white sox away from high schoolers for a while
-
Q traded to Cubs/Jimenez, Cease ++ to Sox
QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 06:58 PM) Ok, the Reed thing makes me wonder, and I want some input from older folks... Back in the day, late 1990s-early 2000s, I was a pre-teen so my actual understanding of prospects was pretty limited, but it seemed like we had a pretty kickass system. Rauch, Reed, Owens, Borchard, Sweeney, Honel, Hummel, Malone, Wells, Fogg, Barcelo...just to name a few. None turned into anything for us, and very few did anything for anyone else. (I admit I may be squeezing together players from different eras too). So, that said, was our farm system ever like this? Late 80s Early 90s had Ventura, Thomas, McDowell, Alvarez, Bere, Cora, Fernandez, Hernandez, all come up within about a five year period. And they packed vets around them when they were ready 94 was setting up to be ridiculous Edit: I thought Cora spent time in the minors after they acquired him but that is incorrect
-
CHANGE THE BANNER - THE FUTURE WHITE SOX
QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 05:31 PM) I hate the banner . Bunch of superstitious poop youz guys are crapping Seriously ! I just don't think you can handle all that Asche up in your face. Look at that banner, all the manliness
-
Q traded to Cubs/Jimenez, Cease ++ to Sox
QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 05:06 PM) Has anybody seen the Rum Bunter account? Jesus he's so salty I will be a big Cubs fan when Q faces the Pirates
-
2nd Half Rotation
QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 05:17 PM) Holland, Shields and Pelfrey for sure and reliever D Rob
-
CHANGE THE BANNER - THE FUTURE WHITE SOX
Nope
-
2017-18 official NBA discussion thread
I know Cowley said they were talking about it, and he does suck, it's just crazy to think that trade went that bad so fast
-
2017-18 official NBA discussion thread
Wait, payne has been released?
-
2017-18 official NBA discussion thread
QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:05 PM) I realized this week that GarPax turned LaMarcus Aldridge, Taj Gibson, one 1st round, and two second round picks into Joffrey Lauvergne. Even more disgusting when you look at the pick value. Lavergne and Payne cost I believe 3 first rounders and 3 2nd rounders :/
-
Q traded to Cubs/Jimenez, Cease ++ to Sox
We can now put to bed the "soft rebuild; get rid of the clubhouse cancers" conspiracy theories
-
The Farewell Jose Quintana thread
Do your thing, Q. May the serpent live forever
-
2nd Half Rotation
QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 04:39 PM) That's 3/5ths of the rotation LOL Yes. It is. And they should all be gone soon
-
Games you've attended - starting pitchers - good or bad luck
Off the top of my head I have seen McCaskill, McDowell, Baldwin, Eldred, Sale, Tapani, Alvarez My record is decent, I know I have seen more wins than losses
-
President Donald Trump: The Thread
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 03:15 PM) This case was being prosecuted by Preet Bharara, the guy Trump fired a few months back. Oh? The money laundering case against the Russian company represented by the same lawyer who met with Trump Jr last year? Why would that be strange?
-
President Donald Trump: The Thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 10:08 AM) That usually means he's scared. Does it mean he is scared when he says anonymous sources are fake news and just listen to him?
-
President Donald Trump: The Thread
Presidential tweet storm ongoing.
-
Q may get moved "sooner than you think"
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:03 AM) Would anyone argue Aaron Judge was completely unavailable this past offseason despite his poor results last year? Or Joey Gallo, for example? I doubt Gallo is completely unavailable.
-
Avisail Garcia, CF in the All-Star Game
QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 06:30 AM) Charlotte? I'm pretty sure he played CF in the MLB a few games. He played 8 games in center after he was acquired
-
Q may get moved "sooner than you think"
QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 07:28 PM) More like kOna K0na fell off the planet after the last trade he broke(Peavy?) I think it brought some unwanted fame and probably put a little heat on his source
-
Q may get moved "sooner than you think"
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 07:16 PM) At the very least, McGuffey's original tweet has been confirmed (assuming that the "unconfirmed" part was people being wary of his credibility). I think Rabbit's recent tweet (If Jose pitches for the Sox again it's likely because of a sudden, significant impasse) is a concrete rumor Is the title of the thread everyone is talking in really that important. The title is still true, nothing is confirmed, people are talking *shrug*