Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Rick Hahn approval poll
QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 07:52 AM) Obviously I approve, but around here, popularity is an elevator ride. Even for World champion GMs That is because every year you go to a new building and start at the bottom floor
-
Movies Based on Books
QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 02:29 PM) Most of the movies I've seen that were based on a book that I've actually read have been Stephen King books. Best: Shawshank Redemption, Stand By Me, The Mist, The Green Mile Worst: Hearts In Atlantis, The Dead Zone, Bag of Bones, The Running Man, Tommyknockers, Dreamcatcher Hearts in Atlantis was a weird choice to film, it's part of the larger Dark Towet story. So it doesn't really make sense because it is not really put into context. That said, I like the movie
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 01:50 PM) It would be more of a Harry Potter type project with 7 books (8 if you include The Wind Through the Keyhole). The biggest problem is that they really have to sign on for the whole thing all at once and if the first movie doesn’t do well, it would crash and burn quick. I’m not sure how much of a following the DT really has. There are people that have read almost everything by SK except the DT books. I think it has a huge following, but you are right it would take a huge effort and it has to be done right
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 01:16 PM) That is the same paper we all just laughed at for saying that Deng was getting traded. Could be a shot of sunshine on a dog's ass, then again who knows. I know I am not jumping on them right now. We laughed at them because we didn't trust the FO, but moving Deng wasn't exactly a startling move, it needed to happen. Really, the guy made a duh prediction at the time when it was in the works and being talked about. Predicting James next move is a lot bigger of a shot in the dark IMO
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
If the Sox pull off what many here regard as "The Impossible" and sign Tanaka, does that change anyone's perception of the Sox chance to win this season? Or does everyone leave 2014 as "work in progress"?
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
Lol, New York newspapers be craaaaaaazy
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 12:51 PM) Really? Pretty slick presentation then. Production values seemed fairly strong, and there was a lot of footage. I have seen a few, one was a trailer for a JP game that never got greenlighted, http://screencrush.com/jurassic-park-4-trailer-rumor/ The video was removed, but it started with a few pterodactyls flying over a beach and going after people. Other trailers are made with spliced parts from other movies
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 12:33 PM) Speaking of Jurassic Park in the other thread... I saw a preview a few weeks back. Looks like a new JP movie, but looked like a very different take. Sam Neill is not the lead, it is Willem Defoe, and it looked like it was a lot more about the hunt (for the dinosaurs and a person) than the dinosaurs themselves. The look and feel were also wildly different. I didn't realize what it was until most of the way through the preview. I believe what you saw was the presentation trailer made in order to sway the movie studio. I don't think principle filming has started on the movie yet
-
Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 11:45 AM) Back in the day I used to tell my Cubs friends that Reinsdorf and Selig got together and colluded to ensure that the 1) Cuban didnt get the team and 2) The ownership group lead by Banks didnt get the team, to ensure that the Brewers and Sox could compete with them. Its just tin foil hat, but there was something odd about how that sale went down. I wouldn't put that past either of them
-
Movies Based on Books
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 11:21 AM) After Jurassic Park (and all the other Chricthon stuff) I stopped reading books because it was just simpler to see the movie and never know what really should have happened. JP book is one of my favorite endings. Bringing Malcolm back from the dead in order to write The Lost World because of his movie popularity was such a terrible decision. And conversely, not killing off Hammond at the end of the movie was an equally bad decision. One of the things that bugs me the most about the movie is the misrepresentation of Hammonds character. A funny thing is that his son in the second movie is closer to what Hammond was in the books, a greedy capitalistic SOB that would stop at nothing to get what he wanted, and ultimately died because of his bad decisions.
-
Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 11:20 AM) A team being great when you were a kid isn't a valid reason. Everyone should read the first part of "Now I Can Die in Peace" by Simmons. Whatever, I'm an Alabama fan from now on, too. It's easy and safe to be a front runner. So it's laughable when those same fans start talking smack. Lot of sweat equity there. Gravitating to a good team when you are a kid isn't a valid reason to be a fan? You are too much, lol
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 10:09 AM) Those guys are rarely worth spending several million dollars on. There's a reason they're being cut at that point - it's that they're not ready for the season or something like that. Not necessarily true, many June cuts are made for monetary reasons due to team budgets, not production. Usually a lot of pretty good players are made available at bargain prices
-
Movies Based on Books
I am hoping for a adaptation of Magician by Raymond E Feist some day. Also The Dark Elf Saga by R A Salvatore. I like Jurassic Park, but the book is so much better and darker. I know Speilberg needed to sell it to a big audience, but there was a lot cut out of the book version. I was hoping Jurassic Park 4 would be a complete reboot but it seems like they are continuing the story laid out in the previous movies. Harry Potter was a great adaptation, especially the final 3 movies.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
More like #preparetoballhogandplayons***tyteams
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
A new puppet for Giappetto! Jay Gruden will get chewed up and spit out
-
2014 Films Thread
They need to quit f***ing around and put a Hobbit/LoTR sized budget behind The Dark Tower. No other Stephen King Property needs to be touched until that one is conquered
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
The fact that Wrestlemania is part of the subscription is reason enough to get it right there. That is 6 months worth of the service price
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 06:53 PM) They didn't really delete him from anything, did they? Maybe in print. I want to know where this WWE Network will be available. Like an AppleTV app? They have removed his matches from a lot of compilation DVDs
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
I think WWEs choice to delete Benoit was a poor one. He was involved in a lot of pretty awesome programs and matches.
-
Alright begin
quit jumping into this thread at the Q, Kyle!
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 01:08 PM) That Billy Madison rating is a crime! Mr Deeds is well deserved though. I liked Grandmas Boy but I could see why it wouldnt be received well
-
2014 Films Thread
LMAO. Oh Joe, you are so silly. Continue giving no f***s
-
2014 Films Thread
Ok Joe, we all know you give no f***s. Point made
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
The US should deny Dennis Rodman re-entry. Enjoy North Korea with your buddy, Worm!
-
who's paying the medical bills for this dead person?
QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 10:45 AM) From what I've read the family kind of ignored orders. I don't know though, but theres some doubt it was the hospitals fault. Ignored orders? This is the first i heard of that. From what I have read, they were recommended the tonsil removal to improve quality of life(lose weight, help with her bladder issues). What orders were ignored?