Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kev211

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kev211

  1. Bags should be loaded with 1 out. Thanks Blue.
  2. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 12:28 AM) My only issues with the trade are I think Allen had more potential return value than this, or on the flipside if we wanted Pena that much, we could have got him for less than Allen. Those are 2 significant issues though. I'm thinking if KW could of gotten Pena for less he probably would have.
  3. I was there and it was awesome. I also bought a Beckham jersey shirt its awesome.
  4. Show the Indians why your an allstar Mark.
  5. QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 11:31 AM) If you're running full speed, trip on something, and fall face first on the cement, you're obviously hurt pretty badly. Yes but it revolves around are you hurt enough for a trip to the emergency room to get stitches or can you walk it off. Because obviously your hurt badly, the question is trying to find out just how badly that badly is.
  6. kev211 replied to NorthSideSox72's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 02:09 PM) For everyone that wants to find their first post this is a decent way of finding it. I deserve multiple get out of jail free cards now since I'm helping multiple people. QUOTE (ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 01:03 PM) To bad allstar voters dont realize that stealing bags and messing up pitchers mind works just as good as hitting the homerun! In a thread about Pods possibly going to the allstar game. I guess the public realized this when we voted him in the final vote.
  7. QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 12:43 AM) Imagine this - note the topic... We should have known then what kind of poster we had on our hands. Oh how enlightening it was... http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=1271809 I don't know if that is it or not? But here's how you can do it shipps. Go to one of the forums and on the bottom right corner and where it says "Topics: All" change it to "Topics: I replied" then change "From: 30 days" to "Show All." Go to the last page in that forum and your first post should be in one of the topics though your going to have to play around to find what forum its in Palehose, SLaM etc.. I'd look for a Welcome to soxtalk response or something, but I don't think there is any way to know for certain its the first post.
  8. QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 02:02 AM) I just got to believe the Cubs will win the division. We need to get our ass in gear and win ours so the dream of an all Chicago WS remains alive. Cubs are the best team in the Central. Since when is that a dream? I want to keep the cubs as far away from the World Series as possible. Plus an all Chicago world series would probably take years off my life due to the stress.
  9. QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 12:31 AM) Have a summer home in Juneau, Alaska. Have a winter home here and South Beach. Upgrade my Hawks season tickets to row 3, upper deck, right at center ice. Upgrade my Bears season tickets to 1 of the upper deck, right at mid-field. Get a Sox half-season plan on their dugout. Go on a 10-day cruise of New England with my parents. Buy my parents a house in Maine on the ocean. Buy my oldest brother a house in San Diego on the ocean. Buy my 2nd oldest brother a house in Arizona. Get Shoeless Joe in the HOF. Your family seems to be a fan of separation
  10. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 11:10 PM) He wasn't a rookie. Everyone who voted for him was either extremely stupid, or victim of a hilarious misunderstanding. Yep According to mlb.com Volquez went into last season with 80IP already at the major league level. A quick google search found me this: http://www.thebaseballzealot.com/awards/vo...e-nl-roy-voting So had Volquez put those numbers up in his actual Rookie year, then I hope he would have ran away with the RoY.
  11. QUOTE (3E8 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 10:38 PM) There have been numerous ROY winners with batting averages below .300, in fact it is the norm. Beckham does not need to hit well over .300 to be "in the discussion" Yeah but in those years there was not any competition unlike this year. Specifically a pitcher who might with 16-17 games
  12. QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 08:20 PM) When you clearly are hurt, like you fall off a bike or fall on concrete face first, and the person goes- ARE YOU OK MAN?!!? Yeah, I'm great. Thanks. I think thats more or less of a obviously they know your hurt, they just want to know if its serious and if they should get help.
  13. QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 08:46 PM) Oh, the dirty things I would do just to play one game of the show right now... Man I'd really hate to be you. I probably would have broke down and bought some sort of PS3 by now, or sent it in to Sony.
  14. I like it a lot. If Buehrle doesn't play in the ASG you can have him come right back and pitch Friday vs the Orioles too. Only part I do not like is why not start Poreda on Thursday? Instead of starting Clayton on 3 days rest give Poreda a shot to see what he has as a starter. I mean its starting to get pointless either get him in games or send him to the minors to get actual work in.
  15. QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 07:43 PM) RIP I can't recall in my lifetime where in a span of 10 days or so,so many famous people passing away,Ed McMahon,Farrah Fawcett,Micheal Jackson,Karl Malden and tragically now McNair...I'm stunned. BILLY MAYS HERE
  16. kev211 replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 09:15 PM) so aaron poreda's y facebook friend fyi Gordon Beckham is my facebook friend. I win.
  17. Can we trade Joe Cowley to be another teams beat reporter?
  18. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 12:36 PM) I love all 4 of jhonnydanks posts If he continues to post that in all of our game threads, then we will never lose.
  19. If it aint broke don't fix it. However we've played NL Central teams with like 1 NL west team the last 2-3 years and its gotten old. It'll be nice to see the NL East, and I really think they should rotate divisions every year.
  20. QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 12:15 AM) Watch us score 5 in 4 innings on Greinke tomorrow. That's what makes baseball awesome.
  21. QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 02:27 PM) Didn't we face him a couple years ago when he was with the O's? If I'm not mistaken, we knocked the s*** out of him... In fact, wasn't it a home game around this time? On July 4, 2006 we beat the orioles when he pitched(He didn't start though) 13-0. I was there His line 3.1 6 hits 3R 3ER 3BB 7K 1HR So we did most of our damage off their other pitchers. http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CH...200607040.shtml
  22. QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 01:05 AM) My slayer Avatar > yours
  23. QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 12:56 AM) Easier to say on a day when he was Good Jose Valentin. With the kind of pitchers we have, we need the absolute best handling the ground balls. We are the leader (or amongst them) in giving up unearned runs. So like I said, we wait and see - but lately he's committed some costly errors. Alexei's bat is more valuable then any raise in defense we'd get by switching shortstops.
  24. QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 12:49 AM) In fact, if Alexei doesnt fix some of that shortstop play, you have to start hoping for more starts there for Nix. It boggles my mind why people want to bench Alexei so bad even though his bat has been awesome lately. Deal with the defense he makes enough steller plays that shouldnt be made to make up for the plays he has brain cramps on.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.