Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kev211

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kev211

  1. One month ago today we had this exact pitching match up at home. I started the Game Thread and we won on 3 Konerko Homeruns. Heres to hoping me posting the gamethread brings another W and 3 Konerko Homers.
  2. QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 12:28 AM) There was a vendor at all the local Orlando sporting events(Magic games, AA baseball,Citrus Bowl,etc) that looked he was the twin brother of OJ Simpson. A local newspaper even wrote an article about him. He would walk around with a black glove, a rubber knife and a sign hanging from his vendor tray saying "White Bronco For Sale." It was pretty funny. What about the scottie pippen look alike at sox games. I havent seen him in a few years though.
  3. QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 11:18 PM) More likely ISU, but I understand. Yeah I thought we decided ISU was the greatest team in the nation a long time ago on this board.
  4. Well my post are now full of Gordon Beckham love.
  5. I wonder how the UFL will fair.
  6. If the guy with the bat doesnt give it to the kid he just became the biggest douchebag in chicago.
  7. QUOTE (rangercal @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 04:08 AM) I never liked caruso. I LOVE Beckham. I could not be impressed with a .721 OPS, sorry. The best "Slappy" ever would have been was a slightly better version of Chris Getz. That said, Beckham is playing slightly better than David Wright in his rookie year. He's playing slightly better then David Wright now.
  8. QUOTE (rockren @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 11:19 PM) He started it all. Some could say we won because of him... Not because of the double, but because of the fear he struck in the angels the minute they stepped into the ball park.
  9. QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 10:25 PM) If that's true, that's a new rule. I've seen Buffet twice there and both times tailgated. I believe Buffet negotiated with the place and said there will be tailgating or I wont play there. Actually I'm positive thats what happened.
  10. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 08:11 PM) Whats the score, etc? 1-1 top 5
  11. So we got javy for young, and flowers for javy. Will Flowers be better then Young?
  12. It only took 2 months for the first hall of fame thread. Lets worry about the rookie of the year before the hall of fame though.
  13. QUOTE (SockMe @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 12:23 AM) D Wise has probably never been asked for an autograph so he probably wont know what to do. As for Burls like someone else said just stand at the dugout and hope he signs it. I got MB56 to sign a ball on a kids day, Im 6"4 and the security guard asked how old I was, I said 13, lol. One guy was in shock and the other guy just kept saying how he knew I wasn't 13, and Burls heard the whole thing and just looked at, I think he was trying to figure out if I was lying, lol. So were you actually 13? Or do you fall under this sports doofus The 20 things that make you a sports doofus
  14. QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 01:16 AM) Beckham in July: G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG 27 97 12 32 10 0 3 18 51 9 14 3 1 .382 .526 .330 But without the wall paper he probably would have hit .450 with 10 homers, and 30RBI
  15. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 04:46 PM) F*ck me. Lmfao you scared the s*** out of me.
  16. Notre Dame @ Michigan State September 23, 2006 Notre Dame down 37-21 with 10ish minutes to play. Won 40-37. It was amazing, and the MSU fans were destroying us. At the end of the game the look on their face was priceless absolute disbelief.
  17. QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 01:35 AM) No, but be becomes less valuable. Because the league-average offensive output for outfielders is higher than that of second basemen. So they could pay someone less to produce in the OF, and leave Utley at 2b. I win
  18. QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 01:29 AM) this a fantasy baseball type response. if the phillies moved utley to the OF does he become less productive? No, but he immediately becomes a lot less valuable. Stress a lot there too. Utley is one of it not the best 2B in the league. In the OF he's just another guy who is going to hit you 30-35 homers with 110-120 RBI. Basically Beckham's bat going to do the same thing at SS/2B then it's going to do at 3B. It's just a lot more valuable at 2B/SS because the Sox will have an easier time finding a 3B who can produce good offensive numbers, then a middle infielder.
  19. and you know this because?
  20. QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 10:39 PM) Why are there so many damn tickets left? According to ticket rep, 8K tickets still remain. For Buehrle's first home game after perfect game, that's embarrassingly sad. The Sox are a team that's always depended on walk up. So there is your answer. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the 8k is bought before the game today.
  21. Yeah the thing that pisses me off most about ESPN is the NFL live gets to air every night at 11:30 for a half hour. Wtf? I can deal with the day time airing, but there is no need for a half hour of NFL stuff in night time coverage when it's not Football season. Baseball tonight only airs during baseball season. Anyway I watch it because its the only 24/7 Sports Channel that covers everything, but am not a big fan of it. Baseball tonight is decent because of Tim Kurkjian and Buster Olney and sometimes Peter Gammons when he isn't in love with the Red Sox. I love the MLB Network though and watch that a lot.
  22. Everytime they showed the dugout I went on a find peavy mission. It was awesome seeing him in it.
  23. So is there going to be a press conference? If so when is it?
  24. So I thought KW was crying poor
  25. Numbers do not lie.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.