Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kev211

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kev211

  1. thanks Comcast for failing to put the HD feed on channel 285
  2. Konerko's 3 homer game a few weeks ago I was also at Thome's 2000th hit, and Thomas's 2000 hit.
  3. Huh, most of my cub fan friends texted me saying that even as a cubs fans Buehrle's performance was amazing. Guess I'm just friends with smart cub fans. Yes they do exist.
  4. QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 07:48 PM) Torres looks like a hispanic right handed Ted Lilly haha now that I think about it this is true
  5. QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 03:53 PM) Podsednik CF Ramirez SS Dye RF Thome DH Konerko 1B Pierzynski C Quentin LF Getz 2B Beckham 3B Richard P How sexy is this lineup? Very. I'm in love.
  6. QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 01:31 AM) Not that this pertains to your situation, but... According to an interesting tidbit I read in the Wall Street Journal last year, studies show red light cameras actually cause more people to run red lights b/c they speed up (when they see yellow) to get through the light so they don't get a ticket, but end up running it anyway. The State of Mississippi has now banned all red light cameras, even after Jackson and Tupelo had already spent a ton of money installing them. Plus, there are rumors that some cities have shortened the amount of time lights are yellow in an effort to give out more tickets, and therefore, make more money off of the fines that come along with those tickets. Edit: I can't provide a link b/c, like I wrote, I read it in a newspaper. But, being the WSJ, I'd say it's a pretty credible source. Another thing it also causes people to slam on their breaks when it turns yellow even though they have every right to go through the interesection at that point. The combination of speeding to get through the intersection in time, and slamming on your breaks to stop from even entering it is never good.
  7. QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 04:58 PM) Another thing he said which shows you how much credibility Cowley has was that defensively speaking Wise isn't that far behind Anderson. You've got to be kidding me. I cannot listen to cowley again.
  8. What did hawk say?
  9. Shawshank Though recently its been stepbrothers. My roomate and I had it on the tv at least 3 times a week last year.
  10. QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 11:15 PM) The thing about having 3 lefties in a row, it makes it very tough on you if you face a team that mashes left handed pitching. I just don't see how it makes sense to have the 3 lefties in a row when you can throw a righty in there and make teams at least adjust. Also if a team uses a platoon and plays a certain guy vs lefties, that guy may get 3 starts in a row and have his timing perfect by the 3rd day.
  11. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 09:53 PM) So after all the hype, Wakefield's not going to pitch, is he? Better not.
  12. QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 09:34 PM) Saving starters for possible extra innings. Maddon is managing his pitchers the opposite. That's not smart though because if a situation gets tough they wont have a closer to bring in to end it. I don't think theres a starter in the league who can come into a hairy situation and pitch out of it. They just don't do it and are only used to fixing their own messes. I believe the NL has broxton, and K-rod left. Better hope this doesnt go extras, and better hope a pitcher doesnt create a mess.
  13. kev211 replied to TheBigHurt's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 09:11 PM) Not sure what that has to do with anything. It's an all-star game in St. Louis. All the dignitaries on the field were wearing Cardinals jackets... except Obama. Fans didn't like it. I'm sure they were expecting him to 'respect' the home team by wearing something Cardinals related. He didn't and they booed. Don't read more into it than that. Nobody boos the president at events like this for political reasons. Except last year when Bush got boo'ed at the nationals home opener. http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5571893
  14. I wouldn't do floyd straight up for halladay.
  15. 2nd place at the break 3.5 games back. We better be buyers.
  16. So I was talking to one of my cub fan friends the other day, and he asked me this really interesting question. If the White Sox and Cubs were playing in the World Series, and I had tickets and agreed to take you if an only if you wore a cubs hat to the game and wore it throughout the entire game would you go? I answered yes as long as I was openly allowed to root for the White Sox throughout the game. Because personally if all that is separating me from White Sox World Series tickets is a Cubs hat then I have no choice but to accept. A lot of it also depends on the stadium because it would really suck to have to wear a cubs hat in Wrigley.
  17. wow what a call lmfao
  18. QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 10:18 PM) I also bite the skin on the corners of the fingers. As do I but around the entire nail and not just the corner.
  19. QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 10:01 AM) Biters? Is there anything better than suddenly finding a longish nail that somehow was overlooked? I love it
  20. My nails are short 24/7 because I bite them way too much. Like to the point where it hurts.
  21. QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 03:16 PM) Buehrle is a special case. There is a reason he was a 38th round pick. I just don't believe two pitch pitchers can get through a lineup more than twice. How is Poreda a different pitcher than Richard? Yes, Richard isn't getting the job done, but I don't believe Poreda will be any better until he proves otherwise. After seeing Poreda pitch a couple of innings today, by all means give him a couple of starts. But who do we go to if he fails? In your post I responded too, you said keep Poreda in the bullpen because he doesn't have the stuff to start. Now your saying give him a shot like I did?
  22. Poreda or someone currently not in the organization.
  23. QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 02:59 PM) Poreda is fine where he is on the big league club, and that is as the 2nd lefty out of the pen. from what I've seen of him that is the best he'll be is a reliever. He doesn't have the stuff to be a starter. Might as well live with Richard and let him grow as a SP because he has better stuff than Poreda does. Does Buehrle have the stuff to be a starter? No you give Poreda a shot before you put him in the bullpen for the rest of his life.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.