Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kev211

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kev211

  1. QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 03:02 PM) I'm not even sure why that place opened before 10 p.m. I have never had la bamba sober and never will.
  2. Lebron James has 2 more points than me in the 4th quarter the last two games. Edit: Happy bmags?
  3. kev211 replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    I feel I have not contributed to this thread in quite a while. So here in my contribution.
  4. How epic would it be if Cleveland somehow snuck into the playoffs next year, and managed to knock off Miami in the 1st round? Chances of that happening slim to none, but still it would be epic.
  5. I've been a crazy optimistic sports fan my entire life. But the NBA doesn't stand a chance the next 5 years, they made and will most likely win the NBA finals in their first season and they are only going to get better. A Howard-Rose or Howard-Kobe connection are the only thing that might be able to stop it and the second one of those for only a few more years if that. Edit: This post may or may not be blinded by sheer devastation right now. I'll let you know tomorrow.
  6. So does anyone have a video of the Luol Deng out of bounds call when he was 2 feet away from it? I want to see it again.
  7. 21 now, Started posting here when I was 15.
  8. Anyone complaining about the draft lottery being fixed, which I think most people just pointed it out and didn't complain anyway. If your Bulls fans remember 2008 and shutup haha.
  9. Beat. The. Heat.
  10. Rose tearing up when talking about his mother was awesome.
  11. QUOTE (Real @ May 3, 2011 -> 03:04 PM) And that my friends, is a EC Semifinal Loss, Hawks in 6 Overreaction much? The Hawks are not that good. If Johnson and Crawford continue to hit contested shots well lose the series, if they don't well win. I am pretty confident in the fact that they wont. Bulls in 5 or 6. I don't care how bad Rose's ankle is.
  12. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 2, 2011 -> 11:27 PM) Obama is having a nice 24 hours. But the bulls lost
  13. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 2, 2011 -> 11:34 PM) How do I respond to what? I think I am the great patriot, I love America as much as anyone can. America is the only reason I exist, if not for this country I would not be, if not for this country millions or billions may not have existed. I would never (unless I was just trying to set some one off) attack some ones patriotism, so I dont know how to respond to that post. As for feeling patriotism over the last 10 years, I felt more patriotic on 9/11 than when Osama was killed. I even felt more patriotism in the original Gulf war when Saddam was attacking the Israeli's and Kuwaiti's. Killing Osama didnt make me feel like a patriot, I feel like a patriot when I think of all those who have fought for the rights of others, all those American's who sacrificed their lives so that others can be free. I guess I felt no reason to respond, because it wasnt possibly directed at me. That post was directed at SF1 not you so I don't know what Greg was talking about. I was also not attacking his patriotism, just stating that might be a reason why he feels the celebrations were excessive. I was in no way saying that if you didn't like the celebrations you are not patriotic, I just said the celebrations were more about patriotism then about someone being dead.
  14. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 2, 2011 -> 04:00 PM) Is this a fitting celebration? Not really seeing a problem with a celebration that caused zero vandalism and zero arrest. The police blocked off the streets so we could celebrate. I guess chanting USA and the singing the National Anthem of this great nation is too much for you though. You've admittedly said you don't feel a lot of patriotism for america though, which is why you probably don't agree with the celebrations. I however felt a great amount of patriotism last night by participating in those chants. It was more a celebration of America being awesome than the death of Osama. This event took our generations innocence away, and for the last decade we've been dealing with wars that our generation is fighting in(including some of my friends), a broken economy and dealing with graduating into a horrible job market. So forgive me for wanting to celebrate and feel patriotism for our nation when its been kind of hard to do that the last 10 years.
  15. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 2, 2011 -> 02:19 PM) I was 11 during the events of September 11th. Like my peers, it was one of the most vivid days of my life. I remember being completely shellshocked about the events and what I was seeing. Up to that point, I was taught that America was the greatest, invincible. All of the sudden, that changed in an instant. We went from world-conquering power to being under attack by some random guy thousands of miles away. This was pretty damning to an 11 year old to take on and understand. It has definitely had a lasting effect on me. Fast forward a decade, we have been in multiple wars that in hindsight people think were pretty pointless. We caused one of the greatest economic downfalls ever. And now this. I don't think people were necessarily celebrating to celebrate the death of Osama. Rather, we were celebrating because America did something great, something that no one else could apparently do. Something that was a decade in the making. For the first time in my generation's life, we could celebrate the greatness of our country. And that's a good thing. I know I'm like 10 pages behind with this. But this post sums up why college students celebrated last night perfectly.
  16. QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 1, 2011 -> 11:37 PM) And as usual, us Americans getting alittle too carried away here. How? This is a big moment its nice to see us unite as a nation.
  17. QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 1, 2011 -> 11:27 PM) Fireworks going off here at Iowa State. Illinois State as well
  18. Can't wait to see what South Park throws together in the next 48 hours.
  19. Great moment with Christian and Edge after Christian won.
  20. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI
  21. Somehow I managed to go 5 years without purchasing anything off the PSN store. yay me
  22. QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 10:07 PM) I wouldn't be surprised if he really does. A lot of the players have one. Watson uses his all the time. I know, I use twitter but thats not a real one. The stuff that account tweets, Brian Scalabrine would not be allowed to tweet.
  23. QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 09:36 PM) Thibbs needs to put Scalabrine in, just so he can back up his Twitter comment. But it's too bad he's not active. Pretty sure thats a fake Scalabrine twitter. He doesn't have a twitter.
  24. QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 07:20 PM) The PS3 is still a system that came out 5 years ago no matter what. Yeah, and nintendo is now up to par with PS3 5 years later making it 5 years late and not 2 years early.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.