Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kev211

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kev211

  1. QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 09:59 PM) I'm not an ISU basher, but do that many fans really travel that well/care about the team? We will be on thanksgiving break, and 95% of the student body is from the Chicagoland area so there isn't too much traveling involved. Also because of that same reason tons of alumni are up there so instead of taking the 2 hour drive down to normal this year to see their team why not make the trip into the city instead.
  2. QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 04:05 PM) I've got my tickets for ISU vs. UIC on the 23rd. Should be a fun game. Hopefully alot of Redbird fans in attendance. I believe I'm gunna go to that game. I'm really thinking we take over that arena.
  3. I'm done watching the ruins now that Wes is gone. Flash forward was excellent this week.
  4. Just to add to the Hawks-Bulls debate. Could a possible reason for the black hawks having higher attendance be due to the fact they played one of their home games in Wrigley in front of 40,818 fans, and the bulls didn't? And over the last 10 years the Bulls have had the highest attendance in the NBA including the years immediately following Jordan. The Hawks at that time were lucky to draw 6-8k. So this is definitely a bigger Bulls town, even if the Hawks are better and getting more hype right now. http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/bullstopnbaa...8.html?rss=true
  5. http://www.sporcle.com/games/topselling_n64.php I own 16/20. Only guessed 12/20.
  6. QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 09:03 PM) Yeah its killin me, but ill be first in line to get it at midnight for sure. Yes and I'm not going to sleep until I've beat the campaign mode and got a few hours in online.
  7. QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 02:57 PM) I couldn't agree more.. this game will be epic It needs to be November 10th.
  8. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 09:00 AM) eh, SIU had their way with ISU through their tournament run. Too bad ISU cannot have a similar tournament run while SIU is down and the roles are reversed It be nice, but the selection committee doesn't give as much at larges to mid majors anymore.
  9. QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 11:50 PM) Well it's gonna be a lot closer this year, I'll be at both games no matter what though. Both games last year were close actually. But most MVC games are close.
  10. QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 10:43 PM) You think the loss of Hare is gonna hurt us THAT much? It's more just you can't beat ISU
  11. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 11:49 PM) No it's not, unless the games are being played in Normal. Then i'd say ISU might win 2 out of 10. 2/10=/= I'm saying ISU would win 2-3 games. So what exactly are we arguing about? haha
  12. QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 09:28 PM) And Illinois State isn't Gonaga Yes but we're not claiming ISU would win 75% of the time. Saying ISU would be lucky to win 1/10 is ridiculous.
  13. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 24, 2009 -> 03:17 PM) Define "chance." I don't think anyone would argue they don't have a "chance," but they have an incredibly small one (1 in 100). That's not bias, it's just the way it is. Illinois has better talent, better coaching, and more depth. It's not even close. What I mean is people like you who think its 1/100 chance when in reality and I'm not being biased its probably much closer to 25/100.
  14. QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 01:18 PM) SI just had Osiris listed as the 13th most exciting player in college basketball. Can you send me the link to that article? edit: never mind found it
  15. Ya most of the Ilstu love is kind of fun joke and us just being completely bias. But if you guys honestly believe that ISU wouldn't have a chance in hell of beating U of I at Redbird Arena then you're just as biased as us.
  16. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/media/play...b_tp350&v=2
  17. QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 10:16 PM) ISU could beat Illinois in Wii basketball, perhaps. I really wish they scheduled each other just once. A home and home over two years. Not saying ISU would win just saying it would be really fun, and that ISU could potentially pull off an upset at Redbird Arena.
  18. QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 01:34 AM) O can soar. Thanks for the pic. Video now on Youtube
  19. QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 08:17 PM) Nope, no longer living in Normal, but I have heard that Carmichael could really contribute and that he is fantastic off the dribble. Yep he looked awesome huge and athletic, and anyone who could hang with Osiris in a dunk contest is obviously special. Carmichael jumped from about a foot in front of the free throw line to score a 50, but then Osiris matched it by jumping over someone.
  20. I got 15 right. All of the 2000's and Wells, and Johnson in the 90's and Thomas, Ventura, and Mcdowell in the 80's. I spent at least 3 minutes trying to spell Kyle Mcculloch
  21. QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 10:58 AM) Real excited for Osiris' senior year. Maybe this will be the year he gets the birds over the hump and into the dance. He seems to be absolutely fired up, and motivated to do awesome this season judging by some of his recent facebook statuses. Did you go to Hoopfest on Friday? I think we got something special in Jackie Carmichael.
  22. QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 12:13 PM) "Flash Forward" was top notch last night. Like the John Cho character and how he is dealing with his future. The first scene in slow motion was well done as well. Also my favorite character from Lost seems to be playing a key role(not penny). I didn't even know he was ever casted to be in this.
  23. QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 09:39 AM) ND still has to play BC, Pittsburgh, UConn, and Stanford. I expect them to lose 1, maybe 2, of those games. If they lose 2 of them, Charlie is going to be sent packing. HE GONE Well I expect them to win all of those games and even if they lose 1 its kind of hard to fire their coach after a 9-3 season, and if anyone needs to go its John Tenuta I'm sick of him, he has the players and the defense still sucks. But if Notre Dame is so lucky and the joke program you make it out to be then why did your powerhouse football program only beat us by 7 on the last play of the game?
  24. QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 08:59 PM) Keep up defending the coverage of this guys, I feel like you really proved me wrong. There was the thought that a 6 year old was in a balloon. What if he really was in it and the media just said f*** it its just a hoax? What exactly would you rather have had them cover Thursday afternoon. No planes landed in the Hudson as far as I know.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.