Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
The Case for Dalllas Keuchel
With a draft pick involved, I will pass.
-
Giolito Strikes out Four Cubs in One Inning: A Spring Training Game Thread
YoYo!
-
2019 International Review
Anything new in there?
-
Spring Training Thread
- Roster Cuts Thread
Kopech was 60 day DL'd when we claimed Osich.- New Banner
3 votes for Lyle Mouton!- What are Archer or Greinke worth? deGrom/Thor?
The only way I take on Grienke dollars is if I get one of their top prospects with him.- Eloy officially got paid
Like I have said, I think they are both probably basically right, it is just comes down to how you view the contract in terms of either promised $ or potential $.- Eloy officially got paid
They already tried last year.- Eloy officially got paid
It doesn't have to be a weird structure in a deal like this. A six year deal with ~$40 million over that time, and a couple of big options on the end ($30ish) fits the whole 8/100 part while also giving the Sox some savings and leeway on this plays out in years 7 and 8. This is exactly how they did the Eaton/Sale/Anderson/Quintana/Santos deals, and I would say about a 3 standard deviation chance of this being the structure.- Eloy officially got paid
If there was, he wouldn't have been sent down.- Eloy officially got paid
It isn't "so much money". It will be a fraction of Machado money, it will cover a shorter time period, less than half of it will be guaranteed, and it will only cover a couple of free agent years. But other than that, it is totally a similar comparison.- Eloy officially got paid
Sure. The Jimenez money is spread out over 6 to 8 years. Robert was 2.- Eloy officially got paid
If you consider the penalty money in the equation when you talk about Robert, there is about a 98% chance that the guaranteed money of an Eloy deal will be less than that. Robert was MUCH further away from the majors too, and all it gave us was control.- **2019 Water-cooler Thread**
Just binged High Castle. What a great show so far. I love how normal they make the Nazi's seem. Like it is ordinary life. Can't wait for the final season.- Spring Training Thread
Oh.Em.Gee.- Eloy officially got paid
Welcome to months ago bro.- FutureSox Night at Guaranteed Rate Field
Now I am in.- Eloy officially got paid
- Eloy officially got paid
Keeping the player "under club control" being the key phrase.- Dunning to Meet with Dr. Andrews
As the dude who previously held the title of "most irrationally pessimistic" during the first two years of the rebuild, I have to say I think the pendulum has swung way too far past me.- Spring Training Thread
Hints at timelines for Eloy, Cease, and Robert. https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/white-sox-option-eloy-jimenez-dylan-cease-to-minors-hahn-says-theyll-be-back/- Eloy officially got paid
If he had signed an extension last year, I have zero doubt he would have been up in September.- Eloy officially got paid
If people freak out about someone struggling early in their career, that is more telling. Seeing the people who are pointing to ST ABs as a reason to not do a deal like this proves my point.- Eloy officially got paid
In the history of baseball the one thing you can almost always be right on is betting that salaries will continue to go upwards. I know the last two years have been an crazy exception, but I would bet by the time that Eloy could be a free agent in 2026, the dollars we are talking about now will be a bargain. - Roster Cuts Thread