Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. With a draft pick involved, I will pass.
  2. Anything new in there?
  3. Kopech was 60 day DL'd when we claimed Osich.
  4. 3 votes for Lyle Mouton!
  5. The only way I take on Grienke dollars is if I get one of their top prospects with him.
  6. Like I have said, I think they are both probably basically right, it is just comes down to how you view the contract in terms of either promised $ or potential $.
  7. They already tried last year.
  8. It doesn't have to be a weird structure in a deal like this. A six year deal with ~$40 million over that time, and a couple of big options on the end ($30ish) fits the whole 8/100 part while also giving the Sox some savings and leeway on this plays out in years 7 and 8. This is exactly how they did the Eaton/Sale/Anderson/Quintana/Santos deals, and I would say about a 3 standard deviation chance of this being the structure.
  9. If there was, he wouldn't have been sent down.
  10. It isn't "so much money". It will be a fraction of Machado money, it will cover a shorter time period, less than half of it will be guaranteed, and it will only cover a couple of free agent years. But other than that, it is totally a similar comparison.
  11. Sure. The Jimenez money is spread out over 6 to 8 years. Robert was 2.
  12. If you consider the penalty money in the equation when you talk about Robert, there is about a 98% chance that the guaranteed money of an Eloy deal will be less than that. Robert was MUCH further away from the majors too, and all it gave us was control.
  13. Just binged High Castle. What a great show so far. I love how normal they make the Nazi's seem. Like it is ordinary life. Can't wait for the final season.
  14. Oh.Em.Gee.
  15. Welcome to months ago bro.
  16. Keeping the player "under club control" being the key phrase.
  17. As the dude who previously held the title of "most irrationally pessimistic" during the first two years of the rebuild, I have to say I think the pendulum has swung way too far past me.
  18. Hints at timelines for Eloy, Cease, and Robert. https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/white-sox-option-eloy-jimenez-dylan-cease-to-minors-hahn-says-theyll-be-back/
  19. If he had signed an extension last year, I have zero doubt he would have been up in September.
  20. If people freak out about someone struggling early in their career, that is more telling. Seeing the people who are pointing to ST ABs as a reason to not do a deal like this proves my point.
  21. In the history of baseball the one thing you can almost always be right on is betting that salaries will continue to go upwards. I know the last two years have been an crazy exception, but I would bet by the time that Eloy could be a free agent in 2026, the dollars we are talking about now will be a bargain.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.