Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. This exactly. This insight is priceless.
  2. Sounds good. Feel free to use the posts about how much we can offer remaining players on FS if it of interest for you. If not, I will probably post it on to the Soxnet twitter feed.
  3. Now where did I leave my shocked face at...
  4. Actually I am coming up with a completely different bonus pool number than FutureSox. Not sure if I screwed something up, but if someone else wants to take a look, please do. I have us with a surplus of $244,400, meaning we could offer any one player $369,400 without penalty (assuming we gain or lose no bonus pool space from the picks who are still unsigned) or $898,885 without losing a draft pick. @NorthSideSox72, I am tagging you because I don't know who is doing the charting of this stuff on the FS side.
  5. Wow nice get for under the caps even. If you add that to the $63,300 we were under before that pick, that puts us at $140,000 under the slot caps. So if you pick up and lose no money and get Madrigal, Walker and Martin signed all at slot value, here is what the Sox can do. They automatically get no penalties for the first $125,000 of signing bonus. They can add to that the $140,000 they have in savings so far, also without seeing a penalty for a total of $265,000. Above that total, the Sox can go 5% over their total bonus pool of $10,589,900 and pay only an overage penalty, but lose no draft picks. That number is $529,485. The Sox could add that to the $265,000 and offer one guy like Bryce Bush, Alec Valenzuela, Adrian Del Castro, or Mason Montgomery (who were all late high school picks) up to $794,495 without losing a draft pick.
  6. This won't be popular, but I hope Tilson stays as a bench bat, and Palka goes down so he can play OF every day. I'd rather see him getting the reps in the field in Charlotte, then not playing at all in Chicago.
  7. Very true, assuming he is ready it would be a good way to make up some innings.
  8. Glad to see we officially dodged the worst case scenario, but sad to see him miss essentially the rest of this season if it ends up on the 8 week end of things.
  9. I think 3rd is the most likely outcome.
  10. It is no coincidence that as the rotation stabilized and started going deeper, the pen became infinitely more effective.
  11. Guys also seem to be settling into some roles, which doesn't hurt.
  12. Apparently now Sanders is getting full time Secret Service protection, as might other members of the cabinet.
  13. I saw last night somewhere the Sox pan is actually 8th in baseball in fWAR.
  14. if the Bulls can convince two worthy players to max contracts, they will be able to move contracts around. They have enough contracts which are movable, they can make extra space if needed.
  15. Yacker was a big slow 12 to 6 curveball. Again, it is definitely an old timers term. I haven't heard it used regularly for a long time.
  16. I will believe in the Bulls when the Bulls do something worth believing in. They seem to be waiting for something good to happen instead of doing like the most successful teams in the league and MAKING something happen.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.