southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Happy Birthday Capn12!
Happy Birthday Mr Nightshift man
-
4000 posts
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:40 AM) you're only 10% the nerd southsider is. 1/11th, but who is counting?
-
The Sopranos
My guess has been for a while that Tony gets flipped and goes into witness protection with the family. There have been hints about it before in some of his dreams.
-
Very funny article from kcstar about bullpens/managing
Ah my favorite writer Joe Posnanski... I wonder how much better the KC pen would have been with MacDougal and Sisco still coming out of it?
-
THIS DATE IN WHITE SOX HISTORY: APRIL 24TH
QUOTE(BFirebird @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:35 AM) That stood out to me as well. I thought the Sox were popular in the 70s or was that the 80s? The late 70's, but not the early 70's. Some of the worst teams in Sox history were back then IIRC.
-
THIS DATE IN WHITE SOX HISTORY: APRIL 24TH
5409 people at the 1974 game? Can you imagine the attendance threads if Soxtalk was around then?
-
Torii Hunter should be getting a 3 YEAR suspension
I had never heard about this rule before... http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2847416
-
Prior Injured for Life
Does anyone doubt that major season ending surgery is around the corner?
-
Official "Where the hell is Comcast Plus Plus"? Thread
Channel 60 for me.
-
Erstad/Anderson MEGAThread
QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:26 AM) There's no reason to talk about BA (from a statistical analysis POV) if he has less than 50 or even 100 at-bats. No one on the Sox, or probably any of MLB has 100 ABs yet.
-
The Sopranos
QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 08:58 AM) I think Tony gets whacked and Chris takes over as boss since he's part of Tony's actual family. Isn't Chris actually Carm's cousin?
-
Gun control debate
- The Sopranos
QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 08:28 AM) This is what I was thinking. I just think they are setting it up where anything can happen in the last episode or two. The episodes havent been too eventful but theyve done a nice job of setting it up where anything can happen. Anybody from Pauly, Christopher or even Tony could get killed with the story lines theyve set up so far. One of my friends brought up a point that I doubt would happen, but hopefully there is no attempt to make any of this one of Tonys dream sequences. I will be so f***ing pissed off if they use a dream as an ending to this series. Anyways, anyone want to start offering up any predictions yet? Who gets whacked, who gets busted, and who turns states evidence?- Konerko
Little by little the whole team seems to be swinging the bat better. Pauly had a sweet night last night, but looking up and down the box score, the hits are starting to come.- The Sopranos
I finally have gotten caught up on the first three episodes. Obviously they are treating this season as one long episode. All of these first three episodes have been building up to the end, except for a couple of little teasers, like Doc's whacking. It will be interesting because with the amount of teasers out there, this series could see a 2-3 week climax.- Encouraging news on Jenks
The best part of Jenks outing was him manning up to pitch over the mistake by Dye in the OF.- Erstad/Anderson MEGAThread
One interesting thing I caught the other day in the Sunday Trib, which I haven't yet seen mentioned is that Ozzie seems to be happy enough with Logan that he is talking about carrying 12 pitchers again when Podsednik gets back. That logically would mean a bus ticket for Brian Anderson, but that remains to be seen.- AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 10:38 PM) I understand there isn't as much to talk about when the Sox win, but I love that this thread will be 35-40 posts, and a White Sox loser will bring to 200+ ^ I was thinking the samething with the two threads on the front page. Anyways, it was nice to see Pauly take the team and put it on his back tonight.- SOX FIRESALE BY JUNE
QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 11:41 PM) Please don't bump dumb threads for no reason. How about bumping a dumb thread for a dumb reason?- Stupid, idiotic commercials.
The Miller High Life commericials they are running now are god awful, come to think of it, I don't ever remember there being an intelligent one. I think they are trying to say you have to be poor now to drink MHL, or some big black guy will come take your beer away.- For GOP only
http://www.corruptionchronicles.com/2007/0...o_slumlord.html- Official "Where the hell is Comcast Plus Plus"? Thread
QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 01:10 PM) My other question is why the hell would Comcast take both games tonight when they were probably damn well aware the Bulls could be in the playoffs and playing on the same night? The NBA has to work out scheduling with the different teams, cities and arenas based on who makes the playoffs and who is the home team for what game. Then they have to go through and decide which games are going to play on which network. In other words, they had no idea the Bulls were going to end up on Comcast at that time, on that day.- Chris Shelton
QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 12:31 PM) Casey was the only Detroit hitter who was even alive during the World Series. Not sure why he is still up there though. Shelton is the better player. Its because Ozzie hates him. He is that powerful, because he makes the line ups.- Out of Town Fans: Sox-Tigers on ESPN2 Wednesday
Accuweathers hour by hour forecast has the rain out earlier, and it being a little chilly. http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast-hourl...&hbhhour=14- White Sox vs. Royals, 4/23/07 (W)
Damn it is 6 hours to game time, and already everyone has conceeded the series to KC. I guess that means you won't all be wasting your time watching the game... - The Sopranos