Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 02:51 PM) And for being the world's oldest living person. Well you got one thing checked off your list
  2. QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 02:14 PM) I hope your aim was true . . . And it was bricks, not eggs...
  3. http://www.theage.com.au/news/technology/i...l?s_cid=rss_age
  4. Nice. I frat boys.
  5. QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 01:25 PM) I was trying to illustrate how ridiculous and unnecessary it is for allowing concealed weapons. There is absolutely no need for them anywhere. Not even a college campus. I highly doubt that SS believes the government is going to start shooting all of its citizens tommorrow either...
  6. QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 01:19 PM) Angry gun yielding mobs is your solution? Working really well in Darfur and the Sudan. I am not paranoid. People who own guns seem to be. They keep looking for reasons to protect themselves because everyone is out to get them....crazed gunmen, the shady government, etc As opposed to the non-exsistant gun toting mobs looking to get into shootouts at the drop of a hat at Chuck E Cheese's? OK.
  7. I don't know if this might seem kind of morbid, but you can't help thinking about things after an event like VaTech. I am curious what other people here would say though... If you were to be gone from here tomorrow, what would you want people to remember you for?
  8. QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 12:50 PM) What paranoid vision of the world do you have? All of a sudden you think a civilized country will "turn on its people"? How so? By going around killing civilians? What chance would you really have against an army if you owned a handgun. Wait a sec, you kept eluding to shootouts and shooting sprees if people were allowed to carry concealed weapons (none of which has actually been proven by a real event) and he is paranoid? Yikes.
  9. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 12:42 PM) If the U.S. military were turned on the American people, they would be powerless in that sense. This would happen even if every single American were armed. But...the American people are by no means powerless. They in fact have a power as great or greater than any other power out there...the ballot box. That last line is very true, and very apt here. If a significant portion of American's felt that the constitution needed to change, they would be forcing their congressmen to action. This has not happened in American yet in 230 years of exsistance, dispite all of the changes that have happened here.
  10. Teach the game to as many people as possible. The only way to enjoy it, is to understand it.
  11. In a nice gesture the Washington Nationals wore VT hats last night during their game as a tribute.
  12. QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 11:43 PM) Some good points. I was just asking cause I would be worried about money issues. I will give Daley credit here, he knows he can't finance this on taxpayer backs in general, and he really has gotten local corporations to pony up for this. I don't doubt that cost over runs will happen, and we will end up paying something, but he has worked hard to pay for this.
  13. Brandon is indeed repeating Kannapolis, at least to start this season. He is off to a nice start so far hitting .283 in twelve games, with 10 RBIs and no homers to go along with a nice .346 OBP. The SLG and OPS are still working their way up, but they are going to rebound as the power numbers come around. http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...&pid=450315
  14. Day only had one K in a full inning of work? That will kill his 25 k/9 Also it is good to see Brandon Allen off to a good start, even though it is still early.
  15. The interesting thing is that at the sametime the Dow Jones is back to within about 10 points of a new all time record.
  16. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 12:34 PM) Since some of the discussion has focused on whether the administrators should have shut down the campus after the initial shooting, I think it's worth pointing out this article from last August. An escaped convict was believed to be in the area of Va. Tech, and the campus was shut down and students told to stay in their rooms on the first day of class. The question is, what was the reaction of the campus, and was that reaction the reason they didn't shut it down again?
  17. Wonderful. I think the only ones who piss me off more than the people looking to assign instant blame, are the ones who use this kind of a tragedy for their own PERSONAL (note: this guy is NOT speaking for God) gain.
  18. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 11:37 AM) I'm not going to read the Rangers board, but, it is still April, right? Still, I would be willing to bet McCarthy puts up better numbers (including win totals) than John Danks in the year 2007; which, of course, would refute what Williams said when he suggested he would not make any trade that diminished the chance of winning in 2007. I'm fine with trading McCarthy for Danks and Masset (two guys that were held in high regard around the league), but don't tell me you aren't going to make any trades that diminish chances of winning ballgames in 2007 and then trade for two kids, one of which never pitched an inning at the major league level. careful with your cause and effect there Addy... If McCarthy does indeed put up better numbers than Danks, that doesn't mean that Williams didn't THINK that it made the Sox better for 2007. Plus Massett + Danks preformances have to be considered against McCarthy's if you want to say the Sox are better or worse for 2007, because they were both in the trade. You could have Bmac outpitch Danks head to head, but Massetts preformance out of the pen could sway the pendulum back in the Sox direction.
  19. QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:59 AM) As was the right for white men, and only white men to vote. The framers also put in a mechanism for amending the constitution when it no longer meets our needs. It would be nice if they wrote in reasons for some of this stuff, like perhaps why there is a 2nd Amendment Just wondering, y'all that think more people carrying would cut down on crime, does it matter the nationality of the gun owner? So then change the constitution, not laws. I know the whole "the framers couldn't have imagined.." arguement gets made, but that works both ways. Do you think the framers ever invisioned the impact that things like computers and cellphones would have on society? Do you think the framers ever invisioned women and/or blacks as equals? Do you think they ever thought women would be wanting to kill fetuses? If there is a problem, the constitution needs to change. If people think they are safer without guns, then they need to start working on a new consitutional ammendment, just like they did when they figured out that discrimination was wrong, even when constitutionally protected.
  20. What is interesting about this debate is that our constitutional rights aren't always the path of least resistance for government entities. Look at the attempts to limit free speech in the name of saving us from terror for example. It would be much easier for law enforcement to fight crime and terror if they could read everyone's emails, and listen to everyone's phone calls without worry, but they can't. The freedom of speech is protected, dispite the burden is places on law enforcement. For me the right to bear arms isn't any different. It might create bad situations, but this is a constitutionally protected right.
  21. QUOTE(Soxy @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:12 AM) It's in the Trib stories and the major AP stories. I'll be reading the Trib on the train ride home. It is strange that he would file the numbers off of a legally obtained gun
  22. Eh, I'll say the samething I would say if he were still here... It's early. The kid has made three whole starts. I want to see him pitch somemore first.
  23. QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 09:44 AM) I doubt Guillen believes what he's saying right here. Ask any manager about crowds potentially booing Sosa and they'll say the same crap about him "being good for the game." Am I right to believe if he had said, "boo that steroid user" many would have jumped on him? I'd rather have the politically correct Guillen than the over-the-top, Ozzie Montana Guillen. Atleast concerning this issue at this time. Good post. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
  24. QUOTE(Soxy @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 10:04 AM) Didn't they find a receipt for the guns in his backpack though? I don't know. I haven't seen that yet.
  25. If you forget about the hour and a half of wait time, I actually had two really good customer service instances with the IRS last night.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.