Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. So does Tracey have a chance of sticking with the O's out of spring training?
  2. This only makes too much sense if you think like Kenny Williams. Kenny loves the big splash, and has tried to get Rodrigez on at least two occasions that we know about.
  3. 94. I think this team is closer than they are being given credit for.
  4. Wow. How could you not do a physical on a guy who was 10 mph under his historical norms? That goes past buyer beware, and straight into negligence.
  5. Wow, this would be an awesome show to go see. Its kinda weird that I broke out the Traveling Wilbury's CD this weekend...
  6. southsider2k5 replied to Brian's topic in SLaM
    FINALLY! Damn I can't wait.
  7. I was crate trained, I don't mess in the house anymore.
  8. QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 12:18 PM) boy, Floyd and Gio for Freddy just looks worse and worse and worse (shakes head) Getting anything for Freddy, let alone two prospects and freeing up payroll is pretty much an inverse relationship to his fastball. As long as Freddy is fighting to hit 85, the trade looks damned good. If he gets back into the 90's then we can talk. QUOTE(daa84 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 01:10 PM) http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...on.36727d0.html Wow, Brandon's walk totals are crazy. QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 02:17 PM) I'm one of the few Soxtalk members who were willing to give Russell an extended opportunity to win the 5th starter's spot. As it is, after Danks was anointed the position Russell was pushed out of the start this afternoon and into relief. Which is a shame, considering pitching against Texas would have been an interesting challenge. Let's say he did pitch against Texas. If he were to last 5 innings and give up three hits, one earned run, one walk, and five strikeouts he'd be comparable to Danks in nearly every category. It would have been his third spring training start (to Danks' second) and -- in my opinion -- an appropriate gauge of his overall talent Even then, there's no guarantee Russell would have been selected. I just wish he would have been given a chance. Who knows would have happened? It certainly wouldn't have hurt anyone to delay the decision one day. I would have loved to have seen Russell get more innings, but there just weren't many too go around with this many guys in the running. I think he will get some much needed conditioning and he will get the chance to come back either when someone falters this year, or next year when Buehrle is gone.
  9. I think last years experience will aid Boone this year. He has come back strong, and I think if he was bothered at all by last year, he wouldn't have pitched nearly as well as he has done so far.
  10. Jeff Bajenaru and a 93 Robin Ventura, back when the jersies didn't have names on the back.
  11. southsider2k5 replied to Milkman delivers's topic in SLaM
    A very belated meh.
  12. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 07:25 AM) You forgot Haeger, who is also in the running for the pen. Chuck got sent down.
  13. Wow, either one of two things happened. Either we way underrated McCarthy, or the Rangers have way overrated him. If they were asking for Bonderman or Zumaya from Detroit and we got him AND Masset AND Rasner for him? Wow.
  14. QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 09:35 PM) Nope, but he would agree with y'all, he sounds like y'all, etc. But if it makes you happy Goracle!! Hypocrite!! Evil"" But of course no one saids anything about the cult-like aquisations unlike when I suggested it earlier here, but that is pretty much what I expect here anymore.
  15. Wow, we couldn't get a damned thing for him. That's too bad. At least we get the roster spot back.
  16. What episode is it that Cox goes on a rant about marrying a moment, and then later talks about divorcing that moment, marrying the new moment and having a bunch of baby moments to remember it by???
  17. QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 01:17 PM) GORACLE!!!!!!!!!!! IT MUST BE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!! Its funny that you always go back to Rush, when not a single person on here uses him as a defense for their thoughts.
  18. QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 12:37 PM) Ozzie doesn't care that BA killed a lion.
  19. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 12:15 PM) Ozzie was quoted today saying his last two outings did not hurt his chances, strangely enough. Link, go to bottom of the article in the notes. Wow. I wouldn't have guessed it at all, although with the way the pen is set up, Haegar could be a huge change of pace guy.
  20. Cross Haegar off of the list for Chicago with his last couple of outings. This is pretty much down to Danks and then Floyd, with Russell lurking if they both blow up again.
  21. I would guess one estimate is listening to China and the other isn't. China is notorious for underreporting anything bad, and overreporting anything good. Take a look at things like their goals for cutting pollution, their economic forecasts, etc for examples.
  22. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 07:44 AM) It was an inquiry into whether 8 fired US Attorneys were actually fired for performance-based reasons as officially stated, or for political reasons as some preliminary evidence as well as testimony from the dismissed attorneys suggested. Sounds like an evil Liberal plot to me. If nothing illegal happened, why the inquiry in the first place? When people started asking questions about Monica, I can't tell you how many times I heard that it was legal, and that is a "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy" to be asking questions about something that does not matter if it happened or not. So now when the same type of situation pops up on the other side of the aisle, its suddenly the duty of all mankind to investigate it? Bush could have fired these guys because they wore blue ties to work. Karl Rove could have told Bush to tell Gonzales to fire them. None of that would have been illegal. Nothing illegal happened until after the investigation started, just like with Clinton. Except in one case its due dillegence, and in the other its a grand waste of taxpayers money. I know none of you guys will ever see hypocracy in the people on your own side of the aisle, but this is exactly what happened to Clinton. Its a partisian witch-hunt. Period. If you guys can't see that, that's fine.
  23. QUOTE(DePloderer @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 10:19 AM) If you fellas can come up with a plane ticket I'm in! As for position I was always very handy in the slips when I used to play cricket and baseballs just like that isn't it? Isn't it? Buy the ticket and send the bill to Jason Gage. He loves to spend money, so I am sure this will be no problem QUOTE(DePloderer @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 06:42 AM) Do you have a PayPal account? If so send me an invoice as I'd like to donate something. Failing that is there any other way I can do it? We are going to set something up for sure.
  24. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 12:38 AM) Do you believe that all of this (US Atty firings and DOJs possible obstruction of justice on multiple fronts) fralls beneath the threshold that would require investigation? Do you believe that the White House's "extraordinary gesture" to answer questions off the record, not under oath, and with no transcript or recording so that they can disavow themselves of anything people thought they said/meant is a reasonable concession? If so, discussion over. If not, what is the appropriate route forward? For 6 years the GOP Congress abdicated any sort of oversight position and let the White House and DOJ do whatever it pleased. But trying to correct that gross negligence in Congress now is the real scandal for you? Seems to me for the first time in a long time, Congress actually is working on behalf of the American people. Let me ask you this. Do you think there was any evidence that the Attorney General broke any laws before the investigation started? If no laws were broken, than what were they investigating?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.