Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17581312/
  2. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 04:21 PM) I'm just glad they kept Southsider's name out the article. Now we know what his Latin American "Scouting" trips are really all about.... I thought El Salvador translated to "The Slave". Boy imagine my embarassment...
  3. southsider2k5 replied to PAUL KONERKO 14's topic in SLaM
    Sure, how could we forget Paul Konerko... He is only the 2nd leading home run hitter in franchise history
  4. Well its not Sports Illustrated... J/K Congrats man I am picking up a copy today.
  5. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 08:41 PM) Anybody remember the days when a TV series ran for a specific time period, with no re-runs thrown in, and then went away and the station showed the re-runs then? You would actually get the 11-13 or so new shows in a row! It was really neat the way that worked. What happened? LOST is doing that very thing. They are a few weeks into 16 new episodes in a row.
  6. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 10, 2007 -> 12:10 PM) I've only been to Cali once, luckily I had the famous Jason Gage to show me around. Good times. So after you finished up at the baseball games and the cheapest strip clubs in Cali, what did you guys do? QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 06:12 PM) good, you keep you're hybrid cars and Paris Hilton's out of South Dakota seriously, who needs Paris Hilton when there are herds of cattle everywhere? At least you can get something useful out of a cow...
  7. QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 10:28 AM) Simon says he's going to quit if Sanjaya wins. Could this all be a crazy ploy to get ratings...or is this really happening? This really, really, really can't be good for Sanjaya mentally...can it??? Also, by Simon making this statement, he just got Sanjaya millions of extra votes! LOL! You just know everybody who hates the show is going to vote just to see if he really does quit. The kid will probably make the top 10 for sure now, which means he will be on the tour! I know who I am voting for now. If Simon quit the show, I would never watch again. The show is hard enough to watch at times anyway with Paula on it, good god if the ying to her yang quit... Blech.
  8. Flash's was first by a few seconds, that's why he got top billing.
  9. QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 01:48 PM) Go back and read it, eagle-eye. I mentioned Newt's hypocrisy when comparing his to Al. Nice try. Or read the GOP thread, where I posted this before anyone else did...
  10. This was on Roto as of today, so I don't know if this is new or just regurgitation.
  11. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 12:29 PM) Molly Ivins was never that coarse. I sure thought that she was. About the only difference I saw was that she didn't use any slurs. She was every bit as derogatory and bitter everytime I read her stuff. She had the nasty little nicknames for everyone she didn't like, etc. I didn't really see too much difference between the two, and as far I felt, their techniques were pretty much identical.
  12. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17521825/site/newsweek/
  13. http://www.thesouthsidechicagoboardoftourism.com/
  14. Bobby Jenks reported no pain after he pitched yesterday FWIW.
  15. QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 10:10 AM) Why's that? Phillips isn't even on the radar as far as the big league team. Literally, he is probably our 10th starter, and he has no minor league options left. The guy is 100% expendable.
  16. QUOTE(IowaSoxFan @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 09:43 AM) I think the ship has sailed on Rowand, and if we are looking into another CF it should be Baldelli. To accomplish that we will need to lock up MB first to give our rotation stability. The next move would be to send BA to the Marlins who are in dire need for a CF for some pitching. Then turn that pitching combined with some of the young arms we have for Baldelli. I have seen rumors that teams have been more interested in BJ Upton as an outfield possibilty so he may be an option, but you never know what his defense will be like. Once again, if we could get Rocco Baldelli for a reasonable price, there wouldn't be rumors abounding about Aaron Rowand.
  17. QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 09:04 AM) This is another part of this story I just saw on MLBtraderumors, so TIFWIW of course but I would be pissed if MacDougal is included in this deal..... "Given that a Rowand for Scott Linebrink trade was seriously under consideration, I wonder if the Sox would have to surrender a closing-worthy reliever like Mike MacDougal to close the deal." I wouldn't give that a second thought. It was a brainstorm, not an actual rumor. QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 09:07 AM) I agree, so if the Sox are going to trade for an OF I think the should try for somone like Baldelli -- not Rowand. I like Aaron, but he really can't hit very well and I think the injuries are starting to take a toll on his defense. It seems like most PHI fans thought Victorino was better in CF last season. Rowand would end up platooning with Erstad, and I think he would be only a marginal improvement to the team. The Phillies wanted Linebrink for Rowand, so the Sox will have to give up a lot more than just Logan to get him. I think would have to be something like Logan and Haeger and I think that would be foolish. Jeez, just trading Logan for Rowand migt be foolish... I am sure they have kicked the tires on Rocco more than once. I am guessing Tampa is still asking for the moon, and that is the reason a deal hasn't been done.
  18. Ah yes, it seems good old Newt was getting his groove on, while chasing after The Great Bill Clinton for doing the samething. I really hope he stays mired in the bottom of the polls, because I don't not want to see him as the nominee. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/G/GIN...-03-08-23-04-49
  19. QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 07:21 PM) UCLA might have just played themselves out of a #1 seed. If Wisconson can win the BTT, I think there will be two #1s out of the Big Ten.
  20. QUOTE(quickman @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 07:42 AM) Southsider, long time no talk, hope all is well, I don't post much anymore and if I do its only to certian folks,i just thought I needed to comment on this, Boone logan, andersen sweeney and just about every other minor league player we have Blows. We need a center fielder and the Sox love rowand and most likely he will sign with us for less money to play here. In addition, Boone Logan didn't exactly light he place up last year. furthermore anytime the sox start talking up one of there young players you know they are as good as gone. I would love to have rowand back, not because he is great just because he is way better than the crap we currently have. In addition maybe we can send gavin floyd back because he sucks too, he has no killer instinct. hope to see you around town or at the park sometime. take care. I am usually not a big minor league guy. I like to sit back and see what a guy has before I jump onto, or off of, their bandwagons. I love Logan's arm, and I feel much better knowing that the problem last year was his confidence got crushed, which as a 21 year old making the jump straight from middle A ball, doesn't bother me at all. I think with what he learned last year, he is primed for a solid year in the pen, especially with a guy like Thornton sucking up the toughest lefty innings and batters. What I don't want to see is the Sox bringing Sisco north, and repeating the same mistakes the Royals did with him, and stunting his growth. BTW, good to see you too Q DOn't be a stranger.
  21. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 07:33 AM) Yeah, I guess you are right. Not that it makes me happy that prescription shopping is viewed only as a politically motivated witchhunt, but I guess there isnt alot of people out there actually getting busted for it. One thing I do want to say is that I don't think it is a "republician" witch hunt, but there is definately some motivation in who gets targeted, and when. I think it is more of a high profile thing versus anything else.
  22. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 07:26 AM) The investigation isnt over yet, there are definitely going to be more people brought before a judge. Did Jason Grimsley avoid it by selling out a list of people when he was busted? Does Victor Conte count as someone busted since he was selling the prescription drugs? Somewhere close to 10% of players tested positive for something the first year that they had testing. That is something like 70-80 players. That doesn't even include the guys who were on something undetectable such as HGH. Heck you have had players and former players admit to using, and nothing has happened to them. The couple of players who have actually been involved are a very small percentage of players who have actually been tested positive or connected to anything.
  23. QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 02:22 AM) Had to wait til I found a clip of it.. This isn't pretty. Wow. That needs to be a double digit suspension. That s*** is unacceptable.
  24. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 07:06 AM) Ha, she must not be watching the steroid scandal unfold in the MLB. What a crock, perscription shoppers have been cracked down on everywhere, it has nothing to do with political motivation. Actually that would only reenforce the point... How many pro athletes have been brought before a real judge, or even lost their jobs because of steroids, or any other drugs? Not too many.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.