Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
only $100 reward?!!
That's really awesome to see how everyone else stepped to the plate for this guy.
- Summer Vacays
-
Trib changes its tune on John Bolton at UN
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion...1,6224603.story
-
Joe Lieberman will run in the general.
Hillary! joins the Joementum
-
Mystery skin ailment showing up all over US
http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/hea...1,7707860.story
-
Pakistan joining the arms race?
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationw...nationworld-hed
-
2006 Congressional Elections Thread
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 03:11 PM) I thought you lived in Tennessee? I think maybe you are confusing hope with reality. If you do indeed live in TN, you know that pretty much every Ford who runs for office, no matter how "shaky", wins. Its a reality of life for them. And Harold Jr is considered the chosen son of the family, so you can bet he'll win again. Ford is an interesting guy... They just had a write up on him yesterday in the Chicago Trib. http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainmen...1,3391658.story
-
Interesting, because there's derricks right outside my window
The interesting thing is that natural gas year over year has experienced basically a zero price change. That's right, it hasn't gone ANYWHERE, while crude is up around 50%. That folks is what you call speculation and terror premium.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 12:01 AM) So what you are saying is fair folk are now out of your league? You are getting old. Yeah, that's one league I don't have much interest in being in
-
Middle East conflict
QUOTE(samclemens @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 05:51 PM) i say we (the US) should let them duke it out and let the chips fall where they may. keep kicking ass, israel! a rational thought from the UN?? wow! http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,205352,00.html I doubt you would be singing the same song if Syria, Iran, Eygpt, Jordan, and Lebannon all decided to fight back.
-
Sox get Mike MacDougal for Tyler Lumsden and Daniel Cortes
For this high of a price, I really believe we are trading a starting pitcher before this night is over.
-
White Sox close to acquiring Soriano
To those who think Soriano wouldn't stay in Chicago for the rest of this year... When has Kenny Williams ever NOT gotten the biggest name in a trade? Also I think keeping Soriano away from Detroit ala Freddy Garcia away from Cleveland and NYY in 2004 is what KW is trying to do here, and overpaying a little could be worth it. Think about it this way, is keeping someone AWAY from your rival worth another prospect out of your system?
-
White Sox close to acquiring Soriano
QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 02:43 PM) Rauch returns to fill Brandon's spot in the pen...
-
White Sox close to acquiring Soriano
QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 02:34 PM) Mike... I do think Brandon would be right in the middle of the deal. Sure would be helpful to have that BMac.Com set up right now.. I would be surprised if both Anderson and McCarthy are in this deal. Scratch that I would be SHOCKED. I definately see Washington wanting more SP, and I could see us giving up Fields and Broadway as well, but not Anderson or Bmac.
-
White Sox close to acquiring Soriano
Just thinking for a second, if the Sox are getting a reliever back in the deal with Washington, I think you have seen the end of Freddy Garcia or Javy Vazquez in Chicago. It means Brandon slides into the rotation with McDougal taking his place in the pen as a set up man from the right side. This could be interesting.
-
White Sox close to acquiring Soriano
QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 02:16 PM) someone move this to trade winds, and put a subtopic of Soriano, MacDougal, close to being White Sox. As breaking news, it is fine here. This is a little more than just idol specualtion
-
White Sox close to acquiring Soriano
Wow. If they put this together, I would have been TOTALLY wrong. QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 02:15 PM) The White Sox, said the source, also are close to acquiring pitcher Mike MacDougal from the Royals in exchange for minor league pitcher Tyler Lumsden. Um, yuck? Can McDougal stay healthy?
-
Anyone involved in politics at all?
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 01:20 PM) Talk to everyone. Talk to every person on the school board, and every person on that city council. Get all the perspectives. And when you find some folks you like, and they are willing to talk, then start plying them for information. Many politicians love the idea of helping someone start a new career in the field (which surprises me every time). Yeah, I have started working on that, at least at the basic stages. I already started getting involved with groups like the YMCA on the committee level, and working on trying to rub elbows with some of the people in the community. It ought to be interesting, because there aren't that many republicans in my area, but at the sametime, lots of my ideas for Michigan City, aren't very conservative either. PS I saw in your PM you mentioned REx, but I know he is in Brazil for a while... Funny fact, we are both from the same hometown, so I do plan on talking to him a bit when he gets back. We have had some good conversations about MC over the years.
-
Anyone involved in politics at all?
I am actually applying to fill in to finish a term with the schoolboard, but my interests are at the city level somewhere. I have had a basic idea for a three point plan rolling in my head for sometime now, but haven't been able to figure out how to get it off of the chalkboard, and into reality.
-
Anyone involved in politics at all?
I know a couple of people have done some stuff in the past, or at least been involved with campaigns, but I am contemplated kicking off my own personal reign of terror campaign and was thinking about putting together a website with my own plans for reviving my hometown. The question is, how do you get the word out about something like this with less than zero funds to put into it?
-
sox in run for soriano
QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 11:30 AM) If that is the case, make the deal. We get Soriano for this season, and then he walks. Fields and Broadway is a pretty steep price for a rental.
-
What SOX game do you remember Watching and Being Furious about?
Am I alone when I say these threads make me more angry than any game does? I watch baseball for enjoyment. I love the game of baseball and the Chicago White Sox as much as anyone else does, but I don't see the point of letting an enjoyment become an obsession that negatively impacts your life. Sure I want to see the Sox win, and I hate to see them play badly, but am I going to let it ruin my day? Nah, its not worth it. I have other, way more important things, that I can be pissed about if I really want to be pissed off about something. Its a game folks. I think people would get a lot more out of it if they realized that sports are supposed to add something positive to your life, you know an escape from the stresses of life that have to be worried about. If a game gets to you that badly, turn it off, and find something that makes you happy. Unless you are a person involved in this organization, or dependant on someone who does, I don't understand letting a sport anger you, for anymore than a fleeting moment.
-
Scientists Ok Gore's Movie for Accuracy
QUOTE(Soxy @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 09:38 AM) Not as good as a county fair (haha). It was well done and entertaining. I would recommend it if it comes on again. They interviewed a lot of experts, which was nice, the science was more indepth than the Al Gore movie, but still very accessible. But it was pretty scary, especially when they were talking about the little islands in the pacific that will probably be gone in the next century, as well as all the major cities that are threatened. Saddest part was about polar bears and how the diminishing sea ice is wreaking havoc on their feeding patterns and how more and more cubs aren't making it out of adolescence. The polor bearologist said that due to consistently decreasing body mass, polar bears may be extinct in the wild in 30 years because the females won't have enough body fat to breed. (Yeah, that's right, I said polar bear extinction is sadder than losing NYC) The fair was fun. The best part was taking her through the animal/4H barns. She gets such a kick out of the animals.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
At the Porter County fair yesterday I saw a woman wearning a T-Shirt that read "Forget it, cuz you're never gonna get it" ...toting around 4 kids under 10 years old Irony.
-
Could Kenny make a huge deal?
QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:09 AM) He was possibly being sarcastic since landing Soriano would be a tall order. Probably just joking around because of all the unreal trade expectations. As to Soriano specifically, Kenny said nothing. Like I said I listened to the whole thing, and he was reacting to a stupid comment Levine made as Kenny was hanging up the phone. I have no doubt Kenny is working on a big deal, but I would be willing to bet that Soriano comes no where near Chicago and in fact lands in Detroit.