Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Suspicious activity at the S. Tower
QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 01:25 PM) *THIS READTHAY IS BEING ONITOREDMAY* I know your joking and all, but I almost wish it were true because it is going to be a disaster when it finally happens. A part of me actually wants to take my digital down to the Sears Tower just to see if I even get noticed trying to mimic the behavior of these people.
-
Pffft, WHERE are these women??
Moving to the Buster...
-
Suspicious activity at the S. Tower
QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 12:46 PM) I'm sure the Sears Tower is a target, but nothing less than an airplane will substantially damage the building. Last I recall--and I'm sure nothing has changed much since I've last driven by--the concrete/marble barriers lining up from the street to the building's base would make access impossible for a car bomb. s***, just drive 10 minutes to either the Aon Center or the Hancock Building and you can park a car within 5 ft of the entrance. You can get a delievery truck right up against many of the downtown buildings which is all it would take to blow up pretty much anything except the Sears Tower or something of that stature. You could get one right at Jackson and LaSalle and blow half of the board of trade and half of the Federal Reserve building easily. I have walked that area for years, and seen the total lack of a police/security presence. Its a complete joke and will remain so until the unthinkable happens. And IMHO, its not IF, but WHEN.
-
In like a Lion... March 06 Quotes of the Month
From the thread about living to be 1000 years old... QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 11:13 AM) Obviously tons of Cubs fans will be up for this so they have a chance to be alive the next time they win the World Series. Although 1000 years may not be long enough...
-
The official Soxtalk 2006 predictions thread
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 11:12 AM) I don't know why I keep feeling this, but the eternal optimist feels that we're going to disappoint for some reason. I am thinking the samething actually. I didn't want to say it first, but I think the Sox are going to suffer a let down and win something like 86-88 games this year. The pitching staff is showing signs of cracking and that scares the s*** out of me.
-
The official Soxtalk 2006 predictions thread
Pick anything and everything here... Mostly lets see what their record will be, and who will have the preformances of note, both good and bad. Also if the Sox will have any award winners, what the final attendance will be, how many HRs Pods will hit, who will be the hot prospect at the end of 2006. etc... Let's hear it!
-
Happy Birthday to.....
QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 08:00 AM) The only pictures more rare than this one of Harold smiling are ones of the Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot. You know, as much as I love the classic look of the current Sox uniforms, I do miss the uniform in this picture. I still have the old warmup jacket from this era, but it sure as hell don't fit me anymore.....too many pizzas under the bridge by now..... Wow, I thought I was the only one who liked this design? Then again I couldn't stand the 83 look (and still can't) so anything was an improvement.
-
CAUTION EMAIL
QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 09:53 AM) So is that e-mail contain a virus or is it just spam? I'm just curious. If it is like lasttime, spyware.
-
American Idol Predictions
QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 09:50 AM) Who's John Stevens? The redheaded geeky kid from last year who sang like Sinatra, except not nearly as good. He stayed on waaaaaaaaaaay longer than he should have for the same reason as Chicken Little is still on the show... the 12 year old girls who vote.
-
CORE OF THE CORE FLYER AVAILABLE
QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 09:26 PM) When you mentioned group meeting and WSI, I became out on this. Sorry. WSI I don't mind. The people I have met from there I like... The biggest problem is that it is a Monday, then the other factors.
-
Suspicious activity at the S. Tower
Scary, but no big surprise. I honestly have been surprised we haven't heard Chicago mentioned as a potential target more often, especially after seeing for the last 7 plus years what passes for police activity and security here... It's a complete joke for the most part. They can't keep people from parking in bus lanes, yet they expect to stop someone from truck bombing a building ala the Oklahoma City bombing? Please. Chicago is prime for an attack.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 09:08 PM) I got a job as a soccer ref and umpire for the Parks Dept in my town yesterday. It should be a good time. I've volunteered at our Y for years now doing both basketball and soccer for the young kids... I love it.
-
Soprano's Sunday...
Wow, now THAT was a twist. They did a good job of setting it up too, so you were shocked, but not too surprised at the sametime... I wonder what Tony thinks of Assisted Living now?
-
American Idol Predictions
Melissa deserved to be voted off last night, but it was definately a shocker to see Ace in the bottom 3. I definately would have liked to have seen Kevin voted off, but I understand Melissa going... I just can't believe Kevin wasn't in the bottom 3... Its like John Stevens all over again. :puke
-
ACLU sues to stop lethal injections in CA...
Its funny because this is the same slippery slope technique that gets cried about for abortion. The obvious goal is to one by one try to take away both the methods of execution, and the burden to get an execution approved and carried out, but of course it isn't seen like that. Its also the samething that is being done with gun control, starting with the most outrageous weapons, and things like waiting periods and the like. One by one, item by item, take away things, and then they use tha to justify the next thing that needs to go in their opinion. This is nothing but tried and true politicking that is exploited by both sides of the aisle. It is what it is.
-
US Cellular in new sitcom
QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 01:27 AM) I hope the show bombs. For no other reason than one of the main character's interacts with the blonde haired kid from Eurotrip. I can't knowingly support a show where that moron is featured for even several seconds. How do you watch any TV then?
-
2006 Chicago White Sox Season Tickets
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 04:28 PM) I said this in August/September and people laughed at me. It was in discussion for what would happen if the Sox won the world series and I talked about the drastic changes a playoff run would make for the Sox. I also mentioned just how much a World Series would change. People thought I was nuts when I put up those numbers. It wasn't like I did it over the off-season or anything. The same reaction I got when I said the Sox could have a $100 million payroll in 2006. Damn I was off by like $3.5 million
-
May shuttle launch scrubbed
Now NASA is even offering usage of its runways... for a fee. http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/03/15/r...t.ap/index.html
- So yeah...
-
marte hurt, will have shoulder examined
I wonder if they will have his head examined while they are at it?
-
May shuttle launch scrubbed
QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 01:41 PM) There's not much about any gov't agency or body that inspires confidence. Especially since NASAs budget has just been HAMMERED in the last decade or so. To be honest it is amazing that more people haven't died as much as they are trying to do with as little money as they are getting.
-
Stroger hospitalized after stroke
And instead of taking him to the billion dollar hospital that he had built and named after himself, they took him to Rush. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationw...nationworld-hed
-
Old Navy commercial
QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 12:16 PM) Well, thanks for your pointless post anyways. You'll never catch SS2k5 ya know, so just give it up. QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 12:44 PM) My post had a point.....and your response was everything I wanted it to be. And NO ONE will catch 2k5 unless his arms fall off, we all know this! You all might have met your match... I know have 3 boards to patrol... My poor keyboard
-
American Idol Predictions
QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 12:51 PM) Who's the one who looks like Kelly Clarkson and Simon said sounded like Kelly Clarkson? I came in the living room to get my daughter ready for bed and I looked at the TV and said "What's SHE doing back on here?" My wife said, "Yeah, she kinda looks like Kelly Clarkson, huh?" and laughed. Katharine. She is very solid, definately one of the favorites.
-
WBC banned substance list incomplete
Mostly because MLB doesn't test for these things in the first place... God I hate baseball sometimes.