Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 11:49 AM) Are you sure about that? I know they just recently changed the law that allows people to sell tickets online for above face value. The keyword being "online". To be honest I have zero knowledge of that. I have never ever heard of it before. If you have a link or something I would like to see it.
  2. QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 11:44 AM) Yeah, i'm just worried of a number change, like Jason said. Jason...has he always been #41? Like in the minors? I'm not up to date on my minor league jersey numbers Also, do you think players care about keeping the same number for many years, knowing it will mess up fans' jerseys? When i bought my Buehrle in 2001, i was really scared that #56 was a bogus number and he'd be changing it soon. It doesn't bother me... I kinda like the whole retro look. I still wear my mid-ninties Ventura white pin-striped jersey before then put the names on the back. I think it kinda gives a neat look to have an older jersey than more people. It makes it stand out IMO.
  3. QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 11:32 AM) I think i'm gonna jump on one of these after i figure out who to put on the back of it. Brandon McCarthy... that is what I am having done at the fest. All though a Jeff Bajenaru would be cool points for Soxtalk reasons.
  4. QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 12:11 AM) the biggest celebrity to come out of chicago since jesus...... PORKCHOP is rooting SILVER AND BLACK! PCHOP NATION REJOICE! I'd rejoice a little more if someone ACTUALLY UPDATED THE BLOG
  5. Thanks JD. I am guessing with all of the people who lost out on ALCS tickets, there might be some extra money floating around...
  6. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 11:09 AM) Trust me, its not all brokers. I think the big problem was there was a server issue at Ticketmaster and for once it wasn't a server issue caused by me. I love a man who can laugh at himself... even while everybody else is too.
  7. I have never done it, but good luck
  8. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 10:35 PM) Well, you can look at it another way... some of the pitchers on the roster openly say Boomer taught them some great things when he was here. So, is that worth it if we go on to win it all? Mark Buehrle swears by Wells as his mentor.
  9. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 09:03 AM) I think the real reason I get pissed is all of the bandwagon jumpers who don't know Juan Uribe from Pablo Ozuna will be at the game while guys like myself, who can recite the Bristol pitching rotation in my sleep, will be stuck at home watching Joe Buck and Tim McCarver.... Get my drift. I totally understand that. Too bad Soxtalk isn't in charge of ticket sales, we could come up with an awesome purity/Sox IQ test for ticket buyers.
  10. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 08:55 AM) Put tickets on sale at the box office. Give me a good reason this can't be done. Two good reasons. -MLB controls the rights to all post season tickets that don't go to season ticketholders. -MLB has an exclusive contract with ticketmaster to sell any of its post season tickets.
  11. You guys bothering Brooks and Scott about this stuff are barking up the wrong tree. These guys don't have even a miniscule say in the procedures for ticket sales. MLB dictates everything when it comes to playoff baseball tickets. EVERYTHING. They are the ones who decide who is going to distribute tickets. You all need to be writing MLB and ticketmaster, not the White Sox. All you are doing is truely wasting their time for stuff they could be actually doing for Sox fans.
  12. QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 08:23 PM) Yeah, he's a damn good guy, just like Giambi. I can't wait until Juan Rincon wins the delivery man of the year award and Ryan Franklin wins the Cy Young. They're good guys, I bet. Why would you ever put Jerry Manuel in that group of guys?
  13. We actually have been discussing a little bigger idea than that, that would include your idea. Conceptually it would be a section of the board complete dedicated to Soxtalk and its posters. It would include the section that we have been talking about here (ticketswap, autographs, memorabilia etc), the Hall of Fame, a history section, the Soxtalk store/donations area, and anything else we could think of. How does that sound to people?
  14. Hyatt anyone? Hilton kicking out Katrina victims.
  15. The key is to be just vague enough to be able to claim credit for telling us, but not to be to specific as to upset people. These warnings are worthless in general. I see the little things they have done in Chicago to "protect" public transit, and believe me, it would only take a halfhearted effort to kill a lot of people. I fully expect something like this to happen, sooner than later, and the same crap fingerpointing to get done as usual.
  16. http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/conditions/...c.ap/index.html
  17. http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/10/06/pott...reut/index.html
  18. QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:01 PM) I asked about the "Runaround Sue" thin yesterday in another topic. Do they still do that? I haven't heard it since I was a kid, that I can remember.
  19. QUOTE(southsider17 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:10 PM) I like "Victory Lap"! I hope we can use it. Me too. That's sharp.
  20. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:06 PM) That's original. Yeah, yeah, I save all my good material for the blogs. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:10 PM) A few what? Cows?? Jealous? QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:10 PM) Around xmas time most likely Good deal, get ahold of me when you do. You'll have to stop by and see the new baby and place.
  21. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 01:58 PM) It's hard to just ignore 3 games. Not when we were playing without some key personel. When we were full strength we took 2 of 3 from them.
  22. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 01:55 PM) Someone needs to wake the country up. So much of our daily lives are at critical juncture and most people don't know and don't care. Sad, really. I can't argue with you there... So when are you returning to the craphole by the Lake again, so we can tip a few?
  23. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 01:39 PM) I really cant remember hearing a a song after a homerun. I thought the crowd was singing it for sure. I guess I never paid attention to it. Oh you youngin's need some history lessons... :headshake The "Kiss Him Goodbye" tradition dates back to the 1977 South Side Hitmen team when Nancy Foust started playing that song during a key series against a rival (I wanna say KC) during the pennant race. The crowd responded and went nuts singing it at the top of their lungs after every HR. As a matter of a fact for a long time Nancy used to play "Runaround Sue" after a pitching change, while it has always been Steam for a Sox HR. It still gets played today, except she only plays the chorus through once, instead of repeatedly like she does for a huge HR.
  24. It was a mass of search spiders that hit the site all at once. It was just a wierd coincidence. I think the record is somewhere around 275-300 people
  25. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 01:00 PM) I really like this idea. Ebay has some big downsides, this would really centralize the whole thing and would be a great place to find Chicago stuff. Plus no Ebay fees.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.