Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Marte beaning Lee
QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 09:28 AM) I'm so tired of this crap. The Sox will blame last season on anything and everything except the fact that the pitching f'n sucked. Now apparently the Chicago White Sox are saying that Carlos Lee was a meanie. Do they need a goddam scout mother? Carlos has not been taking shots at the Sox, JUST SHUT UP AND PLAY. This is just more of the same crap from the media. They have all of these unattributed quotes that they are passing off as inside information. None of the Sox are actually talking about this stuff, but the media is still trying to push and find people to talk about this, even though no one will anymore.
-
White House Control of Ex-Pres Schedule?
QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 09:15 AM) Like I said earlier, Carter never showed up at Pope Paul VI's funeral in 1978, why would he want to go now, when he isn't the president. Or at John Paul I's for that matter... Wasn't there some kind of tiff where Carter said something about Catholics that pissed someone off?
-
Wedding Invite replies...
I send it back when I remember..... Put us down for two
-
Star Wars Fans Line up at wrong theater
QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 08:38 AM) What exactly is so special about these movies. I mean I haven't seen even one of them and personally never care to see one. What is so good about them. To be honest most of you on here are probably too young to get it. The Star Wars movies were something that completely changed a genre of entertainment. They were the Beatles of sci-fi. They did things that had never been done, and you have to put it into the context of 1977 to understand it. It's just like watching War of the Worlds today, and thinking it was just another crappy black and white movie.
-
They keep going after Delay
QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 08:31 AM) Different Ryan - George. No relation. Shoot, D'uh Yeah, everywhere I said "Jim", it should be "George" Sorry about that.
-
They keep going after Delay
QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 08:28 AM) Wasn't Ryan involved in some scandal regarding driver's licenses a couple years ago? Exactly. The Sec States office were selling them to people who ordinarily could not get them. One man ended up getting into an accident that killed a family of like 6 or 7 people in a horrible firey crash a few years back. And of course the money went into the reelect Jim Ryan campaign coffers.
-
Star Wars Fans Line up at wrong theater
QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 08:05 AM) Families? They're all virgins! They could be having sex with each other...
-
They keep going after Delay
QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 08:08 AM) I've got an quicker, more simple idea: TERM LIMITS!!!!!!!!!! Even simpler idea. OBEY THE LAW!
-
They keep going after Delay
QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 08:17 AM) Jim Ryan? Agreed. I can't believe that intelligent men such as Delay and Ryan make such idiotic decisions. My favorite is the former mayor of Waterbury, CT (can't recall his name). He was thrown out of office and imprisoned for having intercourse with underage prostitutes. And it gets even better: His father-in-law is in the mafia. I wonder how long it'll be before he gets shanked in the joint. Mail fraud was Rosty. He would take a $1000 mail voucher and go buy a book of stamps and then keep the change IIRC. He actually did time, which by itself is pretty amazing. Jim Ryan's time is coming, and I hope Rich Daley's is too.
-
Marte beaning Lee
No surprise there. I said it when it happened, that you could tell from the reaction of Damaso that it was on purpose.
-
Latest Frank update
Does his ankle still swell with airtravel? If so he is not going to be here in the middle of May.
-
Sox on the Web??
$14.95 for a year is a huge steal. I signed up for it at the beginning of spring training.
-
They keep going after Delay
QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 07:48 AM) He was thinking what most career politicians think: "I'm above the rules, my family deserves this..." Exactly. If they would actually start throwing the book at these guys with the ferver they get worked up for over nothing, maybe these guys would think twice about breaking the law. Politicians should be held to a higher standard of the law, not a lower one.
-
Jim Paxson...
QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 09:27 PM) i know they want Izzo but the real question is does Izzo want to leave from college basketball. The real question is will Izzo compromise his promises to his kids for $6 or $7 million a year for a long term contract?
-
UNC vs. Illinois
QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 08:05 PM) Why not? 6'9 or 6'10 guys are now often able to dribble the ball and bring it up court. 6'7 guys are playing shooting guard. The game has changed. Whether the line is the right distance or not, should not have anything to do with a player of a certain size being able to shoot it. And none of those guys are "typical". Those are special players at the college level.
-
Players declaring for draft
QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 07:12 PM) I think DeRon will be better than Kirk and I do think he's the #2 PG in the draft. I said he's a little overrated, but let's not underrate him now. I certainly would take Felton ahead of him, but not anyone else really. I think Luther will be the Tony Allen of this draft. A very nice pickup. He does alot of things that NBA players these days don't do(90%) of them. Deron can shoot way better than Hinrich already. That is one big advantage. I will say I think Kirk is a better one on one defender.
-
Reality Bites
QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 02:33 AM) What? No honeymoon? Well I for one am glad to see that Britney stood up for herself and meant what she said when she said she was sick of the media being involved in every aspect of their life, and that all they want is a little privacy.
-
Saddam to watch Kurdish leader become Iraqi pres.
I'm glad they finally got this done. Now on to the really fun part, and the constitution.
-
Bulls@ heat.
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 03:54 PM) I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Bulls by 5. Someone went out on a limb and then sawed it off while standing on it.
-
Canadians will need passports to enter U.S.
Damn are we racists. We make over 200 countries get visas at the expense of 27 favorites.
-
Bush Passed over Carter to take Rice
First time in the history of the USA that a President has attended a Popes funeral. Now we send 3 and it isn't enough.
-
Gang to target vigilante border patrol
Man I can hardly wait for someone to get shot, so everyone will be right.
-
The ThreeThousandth Post.
QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 03:39 PM) It took winodj over a year to reach one thousand posts. It took him over six months to reach two thousand posts. It took him less than three months to reach three thousand posts. If trends continue, I could be battling Southsider for Spam Superiority within two years! Oh naive one, you need to start getting to 1000 posts a month if you want to hang with the King of Spam. And watch out for that Critic. One minute he is peeking into your bathroom, the next he is peeking into your bedroom yelling "It Stinks!"
-
Pope John Paul has died
Funny screen shot from the NY Times. Evidently they hadn't quite finished the article when it went up on their site the first time. http://powerlineblog.com/archives/TimesPope.php
-
Draft movers from SI.com
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...ex.html?cnn=yes