Everything posted by southsider2k5
- Slogan Generator
-
Slogan Generator
- 3 Panthers perscribed Steroids
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/29/...ain683747.shtml- Ewwwww first cousins go to MD to marry
http://www.nbc5.com/irresistible/4326779/d...382&dppid=65172- Giving notice...
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 08:34 AM) You can follow him around the country...like the Grateful Dead. And you could be the first on your block to say you were in the club. Plus think of the fringe benefits!- My Illini game experience (long)
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 08:19 AM) That was one heck of a read. Even as an Aussie, and only been able to watch a couple of college B-Ball games in my time on ESPN, I've found it would just be another experience as a fan / student going to these games (especially now), with all the crowd noise and everything. Have one hell of a time in St. Louis. What is the biggest thing down there? Rugby, Cricket, or Soccer I would imagine, right? How big of a following is there for basketball and baseball down there?- Gene Honda
Good for Gene, bad for us.- Giving notice...
QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 07:51 AM) The only problem with that is that the "personal reasons" are obvious. I have a script in my head.. something along the lines of "due to personal reasons there is a good possibility that I may have to resign. As to not put you or the company in a bad spot I want to be honest with you and if the worst case ends up happening and I do end up leaving I want you to know that I will do all I can to resolve loose ends and train my replacement..." And that sounds good and professional, but if the boss takes it personally, he could easily make it worse for you.- Homework Help Please
31/M Should be the parents, but the City by default.- Gang to target vigilante border patrol
QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 06:47 AM) Do we honestly believe a major terrorist plot begins with "cross just north of Del Rio, walking 55 miles across the desert avoiding the vigilantes, . . . Recent intelligence has indicated that Al Qaeda had made plans to do just that, because they know it is the easiest way into the USA right now. There have been reports that they plan to land in simpathetic Central American countries, then work their way accross the US/Mexican border.- Gang to target vigilante border patrol
QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 12:06 AM) What I mean is that better efforts need to be made by both sides to find a common ground in which legal access to work here is made fairer. Until then, people will cross illegally as long as their is a need for them to work to support their families and such and a demand here to employ them. I'm just not a supported of treating honest, hard-working human beings so disrespectfully and, at times, inhumanely. Edit: And we're not gonna turn into iraq...That's just ridiculous... Ummm don't forget a sizable number of the terrorists who committed the acts of 9-11 were here illegally. And if you want to be technical about it, all they were doing was exercizing their religious freedoms. If the US waited for them to break some kind of a law that wasn't immigration related, it would have been too late... and for 3000 people it was. They blended into society, worked, took classes, went to church. On the surface they were law abiding citizens, until they hijacked those planes that is.- Gang to target vigilante border patrol
QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 10:21 PM) I guess no one wants to try and answer why a Doctor and his familty from Canada can spend 6 months out of the year vacationing in America but a Mexican Doctor and his family can only spend 3 months. Could it be we are treating LAW ABIDING Mexicans worse than Canadians? I'm certain the color of their skin has nothing to do with it. I answered this one yesterday. Because statistically Mexicans are thousands of times more likely to stay here illegally. How many illegal Canadians are here, how many illegal Mexicans are here. Which border does the problem lay at? That is why the rules are more strict there.- SFC PAUL SMITH
- Giving notice...
I wouldn't tell them you are *thinking* about leaving unless you really, really trust the person you are talking to, or are intent on leaving anyway. Something like that rings as a kind of hollow threat, and could only exsaserbate(sp) exsisting problems, IMHO. I would wait until you ARE leaving.- OMG
QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 09:01 PM) Robitusson? I've tried to play with fire while drunk but chugging medicine? Did you have a cold? Listerine is another big thing for hard core alcoholics. It is like 60 proof IIRC. Plus it is cheap.- Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 10:32 PM) My new cat. She's cute, although, the name will obviously be changed. I do not believe in owning pets named precious. It was a toss up between a cat and a dog--but the cuteness of this cat, and the fact that cats are cheaper persuaded me to pick her up. She's adorable and I'm bringing her home tomorrow. Hurray!!!!! I have a Tomcat that looks a lot like her. At first we thought it was a girl (it was really young) and we named it "Dot", after the Animaniacs character.- Should/Will Mike Davis be back?
QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 07:47 PM) Weber is using Self's guys. Agreed. Self is a better recruiter than Weber. However, Weber is by FAR AND AWAY a better X and O, and from what i can tell, player coach, than Self is. By a wide margin. I've watched both coach enough to know this. Bottom line, Self would not have this team in this exact position if he was behind the bench. End of story. Just look at that Kansas team. Person for person and depthwise, I think Kansas might have more overall talent. When it comes to preformance, its not even close. Self is way overrated as a coach. An interesting stat on Self, he has not beaten a higher rated seed in the tourney since leaving Tulsa.- Bruce Levine on the last few spots
QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 06:48 PM) Timo makes a million bucks. Plus they love him for some reason. Now I realize that one million is not a lot to dump for some-it may be though Is it worth $1 million to not lose one of our prospects? That's what the Sox will ask themselves.- Bruce Levine on the last few spots
Timo could be really expendable when Thomas comes back. Gload and Harris both play the OF as does Everett.- I saw this rumor on PTI
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 06:22 PM) What's the cap hit San Diego would take by trading Rivers? I don't think you take a hit by trading someone do you? Doesn't the other team assume the hit of the contract?- What if no one went pro
QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 06:15 PM) Its just odd, Howard wasn't even considering Duke. Its almost like he just pulled it out of his ass. I think in general you all are taking this a little too seriously. There are quite a few lines in there that struck me as kind of a joke. I don't think it was meant to be super serious, just something to give you a new thought to ponder.- I saw this rumor on PTI
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 04:44 PM) Makes a whole lot of sense to me. They could probably plug Rivers in as the starting quarterback immediately. The Niners don't have to make this move, but if they feel more comfortable with Rivers than either Rodgers or Smith, they should do it. Personally, I really like what Rivers brings to the table and I think he could do very well in SF. They really need the new face of the organization, Rivers could work. Plus they are a year ahead in this guys learning curve.- What if no one went pro
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 03:19 PM) We'll see if that makes a difference in a court of law. It might, but I just don't see it happening. If it is a collectively bargined item, it doesn't matter.- 3/29 Gamethread
QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 05:34 PM) WILL HE EVER STOP HITTING?!? With the Sox luck, that will happen about April 4th.- What if no one went pro
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 03:11 PM) They try this every other year or so and it fails time and time again. I see no reason to believe they would get it pushed through this time around. The big difference this time is that the players now want it. Funny how your attitude changes when you lose your million dollar a year job to an 18 year old. - 3 Panthers perscribed Steroids