southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
JD Drew
And there in lies the key. If he is healthy... He has played 140 games exactly once in his career.
-
Dude, check this out
Someone actually took the time to study "dude" http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6676586/
-
December 2004 Quotes of the Month
(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 8 2004, 11:41 AM) And Spiffs reply
- Wrath of the Jocks
-
I heart Paul Krugman
A rebuttal on Krugmans article. Take it for what its worth as the guy is pretty much the anti-Krugman. He does make some interesting points and contradictions http://www.poorandstupid.com/2004_12_05_ch...252303225885741
-
Jaret wright signs with the yankees
And you can expound on that list forever. Honest question. Who was the last big name pitcher to sign as a free agent, that didn't end up with an albatross for a contract? It seems like most of the impact pitchers were aquired in trades.
-
Tim Hudson
I would much rather see them give up prospects/players to get Hudson at 8 million or whatever he is making, than to give Jaret Wright 7 million a year for 3 years.
-
Magglio's secret surgery
for example?
-
Jaret wright signs with the yankees
Which in the Sox case means they would have to open up another hole to get that player. If they overpay for someone, it means that they will have to trade away payroll.
-
Wright to the Yanks??
No biggie
-
Do you hang up on telemarketers...?
I never say anything to bad waiters/resses. I let my tip do the talking to them...
-
Arbitration Roundup
I was really interested to see all of the pitchers nontendered with the market as expensive as it is for pitchers. Heck you could build a WS contender just from the non-tenders.
-
Wright to the Yanks??
Yeah, there is an 18 page thread on the mainboard about it.... Yanks gave him 3 years 21 million.
-
Possible Sox & Pitt trade
I was just reading this thread and was thinking exactly that. This smells like trolling.
-
Do you hang up on telemarketers...?
If the phone # is unavailable or not one I recognize, I don't answer the phone anymore. If it is important, they can talk to the machine.
-
Magglio's secret surgery
You lost me at
-
What could have been.
Good post cheat. The free agent market isn't always the place to find your players.
-
Magglio's secret surgery
Go ahead, believe the 2nd biggest liar in baseball. (behind Bonds). If the Sox come out and say one way or the other, then I will believe it. Until then, Borass is a proven liar who has proven he will say or do anything to keep the value of his players. Who saids that Borass doesn't feel this is all a part of negotiations. The guy is a scumbag, and I wouldn't believe him if he told me the world was round.
-
ESPN 1000 - Talk Baseball
Wow, where did you hear that from???
-
Magglio's secret surgery
Borass also said that ARod has this big huge mystery offer for Alex Rodriguez that didn't exsist either...
-
Radke resigns with the twins.
Damn, I was really hoping he would leave the Twins.
-
Jermaine Dye
I would definately rather gamble on Hidalgo vs Dye. Dye's health scares me a lot more than Hidalgo's. Hidalgos upside is also way bigger.
-
Need some good vibes
Let me do this cowboy style and send a big fat... YEEHAW!!!! down your way. Go get 'em Tex
-
ESPN 1000 - Talk Baseball
You would be surprised Soxfest party is as good as any of the tailgates ,minus the ballgame.
-
ESPN 1000 - Talk Baseball
You won't be alone either. I get the feeling we won't have that problem though... It'll be more like people b****ing about the awesome players we gave up, that people hated while they were here