Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Geneva convention rules
Geneva Convention Rules of War This is a long, but interesting read on the rules of war according to the Geneva Convention. I would be interested to hear from someone like Nuke or Beverly to hear how the US interprets these so liberally. As I read them it sounds like all we are able to do is ask prisioners questions and thats it. Yet we use sleep deprevation and many other techniques that seem pretty clearly not allowed according to this.
-
May 8 2004: The Hot List
SO Rex, do you think Baj has a chance to be a ML closer, a contributing ML bullpen guy, a ML long man, a AAAA type guy, or is he just overachieving right now, and will come back to earth soon?
-
Block will relish her memories as a sausage
:headshake :banghead
-
Bill Wirtz: Get out your notepad.
I am sure that they would have sunk more money into the team, the only problems is they would have been in Denver.
-
How was your weekend?
Outside of the Sox laying a rotten egg, it was a good weekend. My softball team, keyed by its leadoff hitter extrodinaire, won 25-3 on Friday, even after letting up in the 3rd inning. The youth group that I volunteer for had its biggest fundraiser of the year, the 16th annual Crosscurrent Ministries Bowl-a-thon. This year we did a Hula theme and it ran pretty smoothly. The turn out was a little disappointing, and there wasn't as much money raised as we had hoped, but we still can't complain. I finally got out and mowed the lawn for the first time this year. It felt good to get out and break a good hard sweat in the sun. I was going to get to work on the hedges as well, but then got an extreme case of the lazies. My Dogwood tree flowered for the first time since I planted it 3 1/2 years ago. My roses are all coming in well again this year. Mothers Day was nice for both my family and the wifes. We made breakfast at my mother in laws, and we are taking my mom out Wednesday, because she works all weekends.
-
Chechen leader assassinated, buried
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4934654/
-
Saudis urge production rise in Crude
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4943789/
-
Michael Moore
A smegma-rake, duh
-
Tweek The Line up
You want to tweek the line up? This is my one game suggestion to make some points. Take Carlos and make him the #2 hitter. Put Willie who is hitting .300, in CF, bench Rowand. Let Gload play first and hit him 5th. Slide Crede up to 6th, and hit Uribe 7th. Let Valentin hit 8th and Olivo 9th.
-
Baldwin Back in the bigs...
Good for JB. I always liked the guy, it just seemed that there was an innerfire that was missing.
-
Piazza and Clemens
Well there is that one "other" member
-
Craig Biggio
Defense is defense, and compares throughout eras. Offense is not nearly the same. Beginning with the era of computer made balls, and continuing into the steroid era, along with the teacup strike zone, and the expansion era of watered down pitching, there is no comparision between Ozzies hitting and Omars hitting.
-
Piazza and Clemens
CW10K!!! Join the exclusive club buddy. We'll have to teach you the password
-
Bill Clinton coulda had Bin Laden
Now see how easy this is to do. It is so easy to look back in hindsight and say "oh you missed this big time". No one is going to be perfect.
-
Michael Moore
Apu needs to get his ass back here. Period. He is too important to this site to be marginalized.
-
5/9 Games
I just get the Neal Cotts flashbacks, everytime I think of a rookie starting in a game like that.
-
Craig Biggio
Come on, the 70's and early 80's are completely different than the 90's and 2000's.
-
Minor League Hockey Player
No it wasn't. That was just the closest thing to it I could come up with, without pictures.
-
Michael Moore
It is the same labeling that idiots like Moore do. Limbaugh=Moore -The Truth, doesn't matter -Discrediting the other side, all that matters
-
Bill Clinton coulda had Bin Laden
http://www.zpub.com/un/un-bc-body.html
-
Craig Biggio
Much, much different eras of offense. Vizquel and Smith can't be compared at the plate.
-
5/9 Games
Exactly. Unless Diaz loses everything, it looks like he will make his ML debut Saturday against the Twins.... That is kinda scary.
-
Worst Baseball Experience
Not at all. It should be for kids.
-
5 Good Minutes With Joe Borchard
Borchard is a student of the game, and an incredibly smart guy outside of it. In all the years that I went to Soxfest, the year I watched his hitting clinic was by far the best seminar I have seen. As a Stanford guy, he is extremely intelligent.
-
Worst Baseball Experience
I was at the half price night against the Royals last year, where 5 different people got out onto the field, including the idiot that went after the ump. And to top it off, we lost the game in the 9th. Easily the worst night of baseball I have ever experienced.