Everything posted by Dick Allen
-
LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)
QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 11:35 PM) He completely failed. Yes he did, but the thought was fine.
-
LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 11:34 PM) WHY bunt? Conor Gillaspie is playimg 3rd.
-
LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)
QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 11:33 PM) So f***ing stupid. He tried to make Gillaspie make a throw.
-
LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)
QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 11:29 PM) Wow, ballsy call right there! O-2, the odds of Flowers fanning if he isn't bunting are through the roof.
-
LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)
That was a real nice bunt.
-
LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)
Leury is having a nice game.
-
LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)
QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 11:13 PM) Danks has a lower ERA than Samardzija now. Anda similar k-rate. The more you look at it, the less it looks like the Shark should get paid.
-
LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)
QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 11:03 PM) Threw the ball away. Was that throw,Scoscia's fault?
-
LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)
Throwing to 2nd would have been easier, but that was nice.
-
LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)
The black wasn't slimmimg on Albers. Neither are the pinstripes.
-
LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)
QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 10:26 PM) I rather give him the AB than LaRoche. LaRoche hit the crap out of it.
-
LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)
QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 10:24 PM) Did you see the picture of the kid crying?l I am not a parent, but that looked like tears of exhaustion.
-
LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)
I never understood the Duke contract. I took a lot of heat for it, too.
-
LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)
It is funny to blame coaches and managers when major leaguers do so,ethimg stupid. They have been playimg the game their enitre lives now at the top level available. Yet so,e apparently think they still need to be taught the most basic thimgs about the game. That isn't your major league staff's job. If it is, you have a horrible team.
-
LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)
QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 10:07 PM) The Angels announcers are speculating he called interference on Ramirez for running into the runner, even though it is clear Ramirez did not touch him. On about the third look, it looks like the runner hit Alexei's glove with his left hand. Still a weak call.
-
LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)
QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 09:55 PM) What kind of bulls*** is this? The ump called him out so why should Flowers throw the ball to first base? Probably because he knew he missed the tag.
-
LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)
when thy overrule this, Robin is goimg to get tossed.
-
LAA VS CWS 7:10CDT (Heaney vs Danks)
I guess with Flowers next you gamble more, but that wasn't even close even with a s***ty throw.
-
Padres claiming lots of players
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 03:17 PM) When the Sox claimed Rios, it wasn't just a blocking claim. They were perfectly willing to take on Rios' contract. I think KW was a little hoodwinked on that one. He was looking to trade for Rios before the deadline, and they were discussing prospects and money eating. I think he was a little taken aback they just let him go, but ultimately, I think you're correct. He wanted him, and the money really wasn't a big problem.
-
Padres claiming lots of players
QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 03:15 PM) Thats exactly why I think its bizarre behavior. They could have potentially screwed themselves even more if one of those teams pulled a "BlueJay" on them and had them take on a guy like Alex Rios with a large remaining contract. That is why he has to only be claiming guys teams just wouldn't dump, although I would love to see the chaos if a team claimed 10 or 15 questionable guys and were awarded their contracts. It would cost a GM his job. They would have to be releasing guys for roster space.
-
Padres claiming lots of players
They are claiming players that will be pulled back. I remember reading about Steve Phillips claiming 200 players. If they want him to stop, they should reward him most of the claims, it would really put the Padres on the spot. Other than that, he is trying to keep the teams ahead of him from getting better. I don't find the harm in that.
-
2015-16 NHL thread
QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 11:50 AM) interesting, i would also add the age of the internet and the ability to look up things. to help form a better opinion. The thing is Kane is a star. If it were Bryan Bickell or some other Hawk punching bag or someone from another team, is there really any doubt many feelings would be different?
-
2015-16 NHL thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 11:33 AM) Uhh.... I bet Tiger has had more hook ups than Kane. I haven't read of any police involvement as of yet.
-
2015-16 NHL thread
One thing I would question is exactly how much of this, even if he isn't charged, are the Blackhawks willing to put up with? You had the cab incident. You had the incident in Madison. Now this. I know, we all pick up girls and bring them home at 4 AM, but why doesn't this stuff happen to Toews or Hossa? Even Tiger Woods? I just wonder, even if they pass on prosecuting this one if the Blackhawks say at some point, we can't wait for the next one. If he grows up, he grows up, but decide to take what they can get for his services.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 10:50 PM) Hasn't Sal Perez done that himself? As of last week, White Sox catchers have a higher WAR than KC catchers, and Soto had a higher WAR than Perez. This was the firat time ever all 15 home teams won.