Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harry Chappas

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Harry Chappas

  1. Swish will ground to second or K for us
  2. Was ozzeroo watching what defense can do for a team. Wow.
  3. Talk about being on top of everything in an at-bat.
  4. Does Nathan look really nervous almost shaking.
  5. This season will be in the tank because of the inconsistency of every hitter on this team making over $1M. Every one of them has been absolute s*** for longer periods of time than they have carried the team. OC AJ Dye Thome Konerko Swisher In September when they needed someone to step up they have wilted. I do not recall a single game where the offense outslugged a team, maybe the Angels game but that was 6-5. If a pitcher gives up more than 5 runs, the game is over.
  6. Sox have never seen this guy. He'll throw 8 pitches to get of the inning.
  7. IMHO, KGJ and Nick Swisher do nothing better than Brian Anderson and Brian Anderson does things better thna both of them. Carry on. Oh and Ozzie is not having a good month either.
  8. I said yesterday the score ofthe games would be 7-1 Twins 6-3 Twins 4-2 Sox I am sticking with it.
  9. I give up. I really liked Vazquez and defended him but he is a .500 pitcher in a career that has over 200 decisions. This season showed me that he can pitch lights out when there is no pressure on him but on a good team he is a really nice number 5. He is somehting like 11-14 with an ERA that is not impressive on the season. Why Danks was pushed back and he put on short rest to pitch last night was a terrible baseball move from the delicate genius that is Ozzie Guillen.
  10. The next three games were why the White Sox got AJ, Cabrera and Swisher and to an extent Dotel. These were the fired up emotional guys that were taking the team to the level that the mild mannered Dye, Konerko and Thome did not in a rah rah kind of way. Seeing as Swisher is not even playing and Griffey fits the Konerko mold, I am not really sure what to expect the next three games. This team could be the hammering team of the June series or they could whimper out. I think they will lose 7-1 and 8-3 in two of the games but will win one 4-2.
  11. I just hope that Anderson is in there early if they take a lead. 5th or 6th is not to early.
  12. QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 09:04 AM) Got an extra ticket! Section 530, Row 10 for Game 1 the ALDS. I f***ed up and hit Game 2 instead of Game 1. I have those same seats for Game 2. I thought we could get 2 for each game I wnet to get Game 1 and was unable to get in. Oh well, nice seats.
  13. I really liked Vazquez when they got him. I now consider him the wilting flower. I am not sure what the stats are exactly but last season and earlier this season he was good and now he seems to be hit or miss based on who he is pitching against.
  14. Isn't Lee older than Konerko by a small amount. I think he was nice player but cubville wants him to be Pujols. I didn't realize Zambrano was beat up that much. It would be typical cub fashion that he go down and they lose and the story be his no-hitter not that he pitched unnecessarily.
  15. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 11:25 AM) Your headline is 100% misleading. She said nothing of the sort. The article simply iprojects the bizarre and over-the-top sentiments of Dick Cheney onto Sarah Palin. Kind of like when posters here lump everyone on the board who may be on the other side of the aisle into the same person. No it's not, the would may leads you to believe that it may be true or it may not therefore only 50% misleading.
  16. QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 02:29 PM) Anderson >>> Owens and Swisher. I didn't say I agreed with it those are the facts though.
  17. QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 01:35 PM) Give Dye the night off, and put Anderson in CF and Griffey in RF. That's rich. If Dye gets the night off, three of Owens, Swisher, Wise or Griffey will be out there. Anderson is the 5th option.
  18. and has retired the next 8 he has faced 6 of them via the strike out and has not given up a hit.
  19. Why didn't Wise play yesterday? Owens is terrible. Anderson has had a few nice games would have liked to see him the big CF tonight.
  20. I believe also that there would be buyout stipulations.
  21. This is where you see if a guy has balls or not. Realistically there isn't much pressure on him as the expectations are low. Now if he steps up while the end is in sight, it allows the team to get that much closer to their goal. He can walk hand-in-hand with Labor Day Boston Brandon MCCarthy. You get my drift.
  22. Bush Gator What the f*** does that even mean?
  23. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 09:18 AM) I'm not an expert on contract law, but by accepting his resignation doesn't that void the NCO? No just the opposite, if they fired him they would be voiding the non-compete. He quit and they can not force him to work. He just can't quit to go work next door. Think about marketing or a client related business where you can quit and take you customers with you. That is the case here. The story about Jay not liking sports really hits the nail on the head as realistically the Bears, Sox, Hawks and cubs are all pretty good franchises here and the Bulls have some nice talent. An opinion column in Chicago now a days would be beyond simple to write.
  24. Well the Twins pen should be a tad overworked going into the next five. Just looked through the boxscore for this game. Floyd Uribe Konerko Griffey with an odd line 2-5 w/ 3 K's ugh on Swisher and Owens with the K's looking. Gavin Floyd is 16-7 turning into something special. Imagine him the Phils rotation right now. While I am glad he is her the cub woiuld sure bot look as godd in NL. Fathom are you tte one that will no longer be posting or is that Pratt? Due to the ERA being under 4.5 There are 11 games left in this season wow.
  25. Hey Jagoffs I just got in last I heard of the Sox game Giambi had homered. I logged in to try and get read through the game thread and it went to the mesages that read 8-8. Then I scrolled back and thought Jenks blew it. Now to go reread. A Tribe win would be nice but a Sox win is huge. Tribe face 5 above average pitchers the next 5 games, the Sox 1.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.