Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Must win game tonight!
  2. I believe it’s technically referred to as “lawyer speak” and yes he’s damn good at it. I have never seen someone say so much while actually saying so little.
  3. We’ve been through this before, but the biggest two issues with Rick Hahn & our front office is it’s unwavering loyalty to key staff and a refusal to adapt quickly enough to the changing tides of the game. The acquisition of Ivan Nova is a perfect example of both problems. We have an old school pitching coach who refuses to change his approach amidst the juiced ball era and the Statcast revolution. Most front offices would either educate such pitching coach on what the new analytics suggest or simply would replace them with someone willing to get with the times. Rick Hahn, on the other hand, went out and took on Nova’s $9M salary based on some input from Don Cooper. So far, the results have been disastrous as many of us armchair GMs expected.
  4. As a book reader, this article sums up my thoughts on the last episode: https://m.ign.com/articles/2019/05/01/game-of-thrones-s8-e3-sucked-night-king-spoilers-george-rr-martin-books
  5. Or just Ron which is all Jose needs to get going again ?
  6. Which is the worst part of the acquisition. Shows how behind the times the Sox are when it comes to modern pitching.
  7. The problem is Nova still owed ~$7M so it seems unlikely they’ll move as swiftly as they did with Santana.
  8. Hopefully in two months the rotation is Rodon, Lopez, Giolito, Cease, & Banuelos. I’m seen enough of Nova to last me a lifetime.
  9. Please try to contain your excitement.
  10. He’s also drawing walks like crazy of late. If he can be a .350+ OBP player with some gap power, he’ll be plenty valuable as a leadoff hitter for us.
  11. Three games before noon today, all but Birmingham ?.
  12. You think India will be the #1 prospect in all of baseball come this offseason? Nevermind...ignore this post.
  13. Awesome that Zangari is back. He’s another guy of interest given his insane power potential.
  14. Maybe? Depends on how his season shakes out and if we need a one year placeholder at 1B. If we end up with Vaughn and decide to keep Collins at catcher, I may be ok with Alonso at 1B for one year (again, depending on how his season shakes out).
  15. I have no issue with you not liking the move, but let’s not cite his lower batting average as proof that he’s sucked this year. And career numbers are meaningless for him given the Statcast revolution.
  16. Come on dude, do you actually believe he’ll sustain an under .200 BABIP?
  17. To his credit, he didn’t end up spending $4.2M on a broken Santana. Also, Statcast seems to think Alonso has gotten super unlucky so far this year. As for Jay, I really can’t hate on that move unless they failed to do a physical or something of that nature. Nova is the one move that really bothers me because it’s hard to believe anyone could rationally think he’d be good in the AL and there were plenty of other options for the same price that made a ton more sense. And I didn’t like the McCann move, but at the very minimum he’s been better than expected.
  18. Yup, he’s always been a favorite sleeper prospect of mine due to his athleticism. If he can draw some walks and show a bit more power, he suddenly becomes something to pay a lot more attention to.
  19. With Adolfo’s injury, it’s now time to promote Robert to AA and Walker to A+.
  20. Glad to see our front office was smart enough to include some sort of opt out provision. And honestly, I’m very excited to see Banuelos get an extended look.
  21. Admittedly I haven’t seen a ton of Rondon in the field, but I believe he was a glove first SS when he was coming up in the Padres. I find it hard to believe he could be that bad in the infield.
  22. The crypts could have been an epic twist but instead they killed a bunch of no-name characters. There was so much wasted potential in this episode which is the frustrating part. That being said, I want to see how everything shakes out before I complain too much about the lack of a payoff.
  23. Last night’s episode was awesome from a technical standpoint (although way too fucking dark), but it lacked a meaningful payoff from my perspective. All these years built towards a single ninja jump / dagger stab ending the Night King and the army of the dead. Meanwhile, the vast majority of the named characters on the front lines survived and every single named character in the crypts survived despite that big surprise. I can not deny I was on the edge of my seat for most of the episode, but I think this episode will lose a ton of its luster upon repeated viewings. A couple major deaths would have added an emotional payoff this episode definitely lacked.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.