Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. What’s the job at your old company out of curiosity?
  2. Can you please stop making broad / dumb generalizations like this?
  3. If he’s willing to sign an extension, bat him wherever the fuck he wants.
  4. That Rutherford report of added muscle mass is interesting. His lack of power & walks has always caused me to put him at the bottom of our OF prospect rankings, but he flashed some OBP improvement towards the end of last season (SSS) and with this news of added muscle he suddenly becomes an interesting wild card this spring.
  5. 100% agree with that.
  6. If you’re willing to share, how much did you make at your two legit jobs?
  7. Why would this clown delete all his old Arenado to the White Sox tweets only start a new set of rumors saying the same thing? Like I get he is trolling, but at least use a different team this time around. Dude really sucks at playing fake insider.
  8. I’m sorry Jack, but didn’t you have a legit job or two at one point? I could have sworn you quit one due to not liking your boss and got fired from another one for having a relationship with a coworker. I personally am all for this country doing more for people on the spectrum, but how menu opportunities should one get? Clearly at one point the system allowed you to get a job. The country can’t subsidize everyone who fucks up their chances. Honestly, based on your posts here, it seems like you have too high of expectations when it comes to jobs. I get you may feel you are better than the opportunities available to you, but for most of us we have to start at the bottom and work way towards something fulfilling. You seem to expect the perfect role for your skillset right of the bat and that’s probably not going to happen at this point. No one in this country is entitled to to an awesome job, disabled or not, but sadly that’s the system your preaching for.
  9. What in the fuck are you talking about. You say you are against the system, but don’t actually do anything to drive real change. And if that’s the case, you may as well adhere to the system already place. Changes aren’t going to magically appear one day to make things better for you. You control your own destiny, even if that may be an uphill battle given your autism.
  10. As one of the few people who have met Jack in person, I agree he’s his biggest obstacle. Even though it was only for 15 minutes, it’s very clear he’s an incredibly sharp guy and for the most part very normal. His autism is not blatantly obvious IMO. No doubt being on the spectrum is a huge challenge on a day to day basis, but Jack routinely blamed others and/or the system for his shortfalls. And to be fair, it sounds like he’s had some bad breaks, but at some point you got to own your fate and do whatever it takes to get by. It just seems like he assumes he’s fucked without external assistance and has accepted that reality, which is sad because there is a really smart guy somewhere in there.
  11. I can’t even get Alexa to play the right song, good luck getting voice recognition software to get all that code right.
  12. Guys are going for peanuts. I really hope we add a vet and move Engel and/or Mendick to a depth role.
  13. And wow, all his Arenado to the White Sox tweets have magically disappeared!?!
  14. I’ve heard that before and it’s part of the reason I want him.
  15. I’d still go Holt over Miller.
  16. Anyone else having trouble accessing this article through Patreon?
  17. Just remember, most other teams will add similar amounts of talent via Latin America and the draft though. It’s not like we have bigger bonus pools and additional picks to quickly narrow the gap. It’s going to take hitting big on a couple of classes before we are back to being middle of the pack IMO. Hopefully the 2019 draft is the start of that.
  18. Calling any half of a season “garbage time” is one of the most boggling statements I have ever seen on this site. And citing something as a SSS does not make something a bad argument unless one is stating something with absolute conviction based on that data. I have never once argued that Nomar will be a stud, I simply showed his stats after making some approach changes to show that maybe there is reason for hope for him. I have no strong convictions either way, but I do think when evaluating young players that SSS’s should be taken into consideration given the fact that development isn’t linear and things oftentimes can just suddenly click for talented young guys. Finally, to say approach changes rarely work out when we’re in the middle of the juiced ball era is just silly. Mazara has elite power potential and even small tweaks could have huge dividends. Again, no promises there, but it appears he was starting to improve his fly ball rate last year and that’s a big start.
  19. Did you just call June to August “garbage time” for a team that was nearly .500? Yes, it is a small sample size, but Nomar did make some legit approach changes that impacted his batted ball profile (there are articles on this if you don’t believe me). This is the reason teams have scouts, to find guys that are at the beginning of an upward trajectory. Whether or not he’s that guy remains to be seen, but the Sox certainly feel that way and good clubs routinely acquire under-valued assets. It may be a bold or even risky move to gamble on upside, but calling it ego-centric just reeks of disdain for our front office.
  20. Very excited for this. I’ve said it a few times, but FutureSox is absolutely best in class when it comes to White Sox minor league coverage. I pay for a Baseball America subscription and I truly believe you guys have surpassed them with your knowledge of the system & detailed write-ups. Also, for the FutureSox Patreon, is there a way to donate more than the $2/month? I wanted to go up a little given the new website and the loads of content we’ve getting recently, but couldn’t figure out how to exactly.
  21. Here are Mazara’s splits against RHP from June to August after some approach changes and before going down with oblique & thumb injuries: .333/.382/.593/.975 (143 wRC+). Yes, that line is partially fueled by a .400 BABIP but the. 260 ISO is legit and that led to 15 2B’s & 8 HR’s in about 165 plate appearances. I’m not looking to do a rah-rah post here and I was plenty upset about the Mazara trade at the time, but that was before we added Encarnación to help anchor the middle of the lineup next year. Now with EE in the fold, I’m far more willing to gamble on Nomar’s update. This was a kid who got a $5M bonus and was consensus top 20 prospect in the game before reaching the majors. There is no doubting the talent and while I am with the group that argues age isn’t a skill, the reality is there is still plenty of room for growth when you are still just 24 years old and were brought to the major at an incredibly young age. Again, I would have preferred Joc over Mazara all else being equal, but the org has made it’s move and is not going to pay even more to acquire a redundant player in Pederson. IMO, we should give the front office the benefit of the doubt here and see how this plays out. The Sox are betting on on their own evaluations and if they’re right this could be a big win for us. If not, go ahead and rip them shreds after the season for going with a questionable RF option when the rest of their moves were geared towards winning now. For now, my primary concern is them using Nomar as an everyday guy. At bare minimum, I think he should be a useful strong side platoon RF, but the kid can not hit LHP and the org better not cute here by over-exposing him. Giving him everyday at-bats is a recipe for disaster and I wish he had a more proven platoon mate than Engel to avoid such temptation.
  22. Just because he hasn’t cheated or done something criminal does not prevent him from being a selfish prick who created drama within the clubhouse.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.