Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. How would Hinch not be aware of what was going on? Also, I thought there was email proof of a front office exec orchestrating part of this?
  2. Teaford too. These changes are actually pretty awesome and suggest we are pushing for a more modern development staff.
  3. This all may be true, but Theo has a budget that he can’t deviate from and he’s already capped out. And honestly, fuck the Cubs so who cares if their owner pockets some profits.
  4. Chiefs getting destroyed. Glad I took the Texans +10.
  5. This is the right answer. I played a fuckton of All Star baseball on the Switch.
  6. Lol...haven’t shown their hand yet? It’s abundantly clear they can not add to their roster without clearing payroll first.
  7. I would wager large sums of money that Jimenez is a top 10 LF next year.
  8. Good guys wear black?
  9. Are you actually hating on Lamar Jackson?
  10. Jimenez missed it? Wow...
  11. I never have a fucking clue what you’re talking about.
  12. How are the Cubs getting Arenado if that’s their lineup?
  13. The Cubs traded Torres for Chapman and almost didn’t win a championship. There wasn’t some guarantee they would get a ring by making that trade. They took a risk and in that particular case it worked out. That doesn’t always happen though and most teams are trying to create extended windows that give them as many playoff appearances as possible because there is simply a ton of luck in the postseason. That has nothing to do with the valuation techniques you’re quoting but rather logic and risk tolerance. Also, you rip the Dodgers, but didn’t they trade a top 100 prospect for a Machado rental? I don’t blame them for not wanting to trade their blue chippers though. With a $200M+ payroll and a consistent supply of high-end prospects they can legitimately create sustainable success.
  14. What? Those are simply valuation techniques. I’m 100% missing how those have anything to do with front offices being conservative.
  15. Maybe I’m wrong, but I swear someone reported or mentioned that he pushed him to accept the deal.
  16. What do Sabremetrics have to do with conservatism though?
  17. They prioritized long-term winning over short-term winning. You can argue whether that is the right decision, but no idea how you are blaming Sabremetrics for that.
  18. Starts with Sabremetrics and ends with a race discussion. This bizarre tangent would make Caulfield proud.
  19. What in the fuck are you talking about?
  20. Abreu only helps us sign Colas.
  21. I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I do think Abreu’s deal was partially motivated by improving our chances to extend Robert & Moncada. Given that we already extended the former when it seemed somewhat unlikely, I think we should all bump Abreu a half grade.
  22. I’ve been saying this for a few weeks now, I fully expect it to happen.
  23. You’re gonna pay a premium for a one year of a reliever, so this really isn’t too much IMO.
  24. Good news. Guys like this aren’t ideal for a 40 man roster spot, but are nice depth for a AAA roster. Plenty of teams would like these guys as AAA depth if they that was an option.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.