Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. I wouldn’t be against a Castellanos move if it was a one year deal, but the reality is Mazara was slightly better (110 wRC+) against RHP than Castellanos was (106 wRC+) last year. No doubt Nick destroys LHP while Nomar is unplayable against them, but is that worth $18M when you already have several guys who are elite against LHP like Abreu & Encarnacion and provide no defensive utility? Honestly, I’d rather find a cheap platoon partner for Mazara (Pillar, Pence, Zobrist, etc) and same my financial ammo for a run at Betts (unlikely), Springer (more likely), or Joc (very possible) next offseason.
  2. They’re also top four overall draft picks and were the highest floor guys available. I was all for those picks BTW, but am not going to give the Sox too much credit for them. If Madrigal turns into a star and not just a solid two win player, I’ll happily give them far more credit for that pick. I totally agree it’s too early to evaluate the last five drafts, but the reality they have zero top 100 prospects and zero quality major leaguers (again it’s early) outside of those two high picks under Hostetler. The early returns aren’t promising and that’s incredibly frustrating given how well Hahn did in his core rebuild trades. The reality is our failure to supplement via the draft could be costly when we need to trade for reinforcements in a few years. So again, saying we’ve been great at drafting primarily because of an amazing pick 10 years ago is not very relevant to our current situation.
  3. Your opinion or something you heard?
  4. Then how are you judging an entire decade when 30% to 40% of the drafts can’t be reviewed?
  5. I think if you look at the last five years or so you could argue with great conviction that we have been terrible at drafting. So while saying we have been great at drafting over the past 10 years may technically be true, the reality is the Sale, Semien, & Anderson picks from the first half of the decade don’t really reflect our current struggles and is therefore completely disingenuous to the argument at hand.
  6. A significant portion of the population is hate-filled assholes so not sure how that justifies his actions.
  7. The Sox aren’t pulling Moncada or Madrigal late in the game for a defensive replacement unless it’s an absolute blowout. Also, his ability to switch hit is not valuable when he’s not good from either side.
  8. There’s a notorious “hangover” effect on the road when playing for the Rockies, so I really wouldn’t overreact to his splits.
  9. I think Zobrist would be a fantastic addition, although I’d be more than ok with any of those three.
  10. An analytics based projection system is not going to care about RBIs (nor should they) so Abreu was never likely to make this list when he’s a mediocre OBP guy with poor fielding metrics. Now, I would expect their expert panel rankings to include him because of the RBIs, power, and general respect in the clubhouse.
  11. Merkin did say in a recent Q&A that he didn’t think the opening day 2B was on the roster. I still think they add someone in the next couple weeks.
  12. Unless Balta does something crazy...
  13. What am I missing with the car angle?
  14. No one knows what Keuchel did or didn’t do outside of not snitching out his teammates. I’m not going to hold that against him given the ramifications it could of had against him.
  15. You have no fucking clue what he did and didn’t do yet you have already served as judge, jury, & executioner.
  16. The White Sox should suspend Keuchel because his teammates with another team cheated while he was there? Like seriously man, you are freaking nuts.
  17. Mike Fiers looked the other way while it was happening no? His accusations came out after he left the organization?
  18. Well thank god you’re here to fight the good fight Balta! Definitely wouldn’t want Keuchel to get away with not snitching on his teammates!!
  19. It’s really amazing these changes aren’t getting more attention. Having the pitching coordinator & assistant hitting coordinator being pro-analytics guys is huge. Bumping up Zaleski is huge and sets him up to be a viable option to replace Cooper in a few years. Adding Farquhar to the developmental staff is another huge win. It appears that we are finally starting to modernize our development staff and potentially address our biggest weakness over the past decade or so. How is this thread only at two pages when we gave the dismissal of a softball coach a good dozen? I’ve been a Getz hater for a long time, but dude deserves some credit here for finally convincing the org to be bold and enter the 21st century.
  20. I typically enjoy Ron’s troll posts, but this one is just stupid as fuck. I don’t like Ricky but Hinch is not the answer and the Sox would never sign him anyways.
  21. What did Clevenger do to his family?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.