Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. I really do like McCann, but given he’s gone after the 2019 season I’m more than ok with moving him if he we can get a good bullpen arm.
  2. Depth is a good thing. Nothing wrong with adding Holt and pushing Mendick to next man up in AAA. Nothing wrong with adding Pillar or Pence and pushing Engel to next man up in AAA. If you can sign these guys at reasonable prices then why the fuck not? Injuries will no doubt happen and I’d prefer not relying on unproven and/or questionable, low ceiling young players in significant roles if I can avoid it.
  3. Thank god we passed on that
  4. Yeah this would be pretty awesome, although as I’d love to buy low on Diaz I worry “low” won’t be low enough for us.
  5. He ripped Fegan for giving Moncada a HOF vote which is even funnier.
  6. Lol...I’ve lost all respect for Morosi after this tweet.
  7. How is Pence’s defense though? Would be nice to have a 4th OF that could at least provide some defensive value in the corners.
  8. Which options are you referring to?
  9. I would happily guarantee Zobrist $4M for 2020 if he’s game and simply release him after a month or two if he looked to be finished. I think the potential reward is totally worth the risk. I definitely do NOT expect him to be the 2018 version of himself, but it’s pretty clear his off-the-field issues impacted him last year given he was unable play through them.
  10. He would be a fantastic addition.
  11. Holy shit, congrats @Y2Jimmy0!! Can’t think of a cooler moment for an up & coming sports writer / editor and totally well deserved!!
  12. Robert didn’t seem bulky to me at all when I saw him at SoxFest. He’s that rare guy that is somehow both lean & jacked at the same time.
  13. Guerrero has no options left.
  14. Absolutely embarrassing. I’m fine with not anointing Robert the next Mike Trout, but anyone suggesting he’s only a 55 FV prospect after last year is either clueless about or has never seen him play. He may be the most athletic baseball player on the planet and is coming off a monster year. Yes, I wish he drew more walks but his combo of speed, power, & defense should result in him being a 60 FV guy at minimum.
  15. I really wonder if we plan on adding just one reliever or if we’d actually consider two guaranteed deals. With Colome, Herrera, Bummer, Fry, Marshall, & Cordero more or less in line for spots, that leaves two openings assuming an eight man pen. Eventually one of our starters will move there as well, so short of an injury (which is probable at some point) things will fill up fast. But if you truly want to add depth, I’d love a trade a more impactful arm like Diaz or Givens and then sign McHugh as well. That would give you the makings of a pretty good pen.
  16. I wasn’t a huge fan of the Mazara addition, but here is how they each did against RHP last year: Mazara: 110 wRC+ Castellanos: 106 wRC+ Yes, Nick destroys LHP and wouldn’t require a platoon mate, but ~75% they are about the same caliber of hitter. With the right platoon partner, I think we can get a little less production (when factoring in defense) for a fraction of the cost. I do like Castellanos and think there’s room for growth but he definitely isn’t a perfect fit if he required a four year deal.
  17. I’m not suggesting that we get rid of Leury, I’m proposing adding Zobrist on the cheap as an additional bench piece. If Zobrist is even 85% of his 2018 form, he’s better suited for the role I’ve been discussing (interim 2B / platoon RF once Madrigal is up). If he doesn’t work out, then release him in a couple months and cal up Engel, Mendick, etc.
  18. No idea. But if he’s willing to, I’d happily give him a shot.
  19. Zobrist was 23% better than a league average hitter in 2018, but struggled last year as he dealt with marital issues. I think it remains to be seen how much he has left in the tank, but the cost to find out should be minuscule enough to gamble on the upside. As for Leury, his favorable splits against LHP (113 wRC+) is based on a SSS (280 PAs) and involves an unsustainable BABIP (.388). I worry his production against LHP may be just a fluke and if it regresses he suddenly isn’t a good platoon partner for Mazara and a well below average hitter in general.
  20. Lol...some fantastic hires right there!
  21. I think we plan on trading for a reliever.
  22. I know Hill has been pretty good when healthy, but dude will be 40 next year and at some point is going to fall off a cliff if he plays long enough. Hopefully that year is next year.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.