Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
Given he’s tied to a compensation pick and has some health concerns (sounds like his shoulder in particular), I think 5/$100M is a reasonable high end figure for him. I think upside will get him close to that number though.
-
A Realistic Offseason
Potentially a DH option if Abreu is gone after next season (depending on the price).
-
JDM staying in Boston
So if a trade were to happen, it better happen soon!
-
JDM staying in Boston
The problem is if we miss on Grandal, there really aren’t any other high impact positional guys in free agency. Having JDM as an insurance policy was nice.
-
JDM staying in Boston
I don’t buy the Yankees as being a serious suitor for him TBH.
-
JDM staying in Boston
Very terrifying how JDM not opting out makes this free agent class that much uglier for us.
-
A Realistic Offseason
Jim Bowden did his predictions in an Athletic article and the only guys he had the White Sox as a fit for were Rendon & Abreu. And his projected contract for José was 3/$60M. That dude is such a hack.
-
Strasburg officially opts out
Why would they be afraid to lose a draft pick?
-
Strasburg officially opts out
He was also one of the most durable starters in baseball for the eight years proceeding his contract, averaging 31.5 starts a season. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to add Strasburg, but I’m not sure Greinke is a great comp given his rare health record.
-
NFL Thread 2019-2020
I was just going to ask this. It’s got to be up there from a pure yardage perspective.
-
NFL Thread 2019-2020
You’ve honestly got to.
-
NFL Thread 2019-2020
This offense is almost as bad as the ones led by Jonathan Quinn & Henry Burris. Like I have come to terms that Mitch will never be good, but dude was capable enough last year to keep us competitive most weeks. Quite frankly, this level of offensive output is unacceptable. I don’t like overreacting to one bad year, but it really makes you question Nagy’s ability as a head coach & play caller.
-
NFL Thread 2019-2020
100% agree.
-
NFL Thread 2019-2020
Mitch sucks but there’s a reason we have coaches and clearly this group isn’t helping him get better. And Mitch doesn’t call the play or assist with pass blocking. There are a lot of things wrong with this offense right now and Nagy is no doubt part of the problem.
-
Ian Happ?
Reynaldo Lopez.
-
NFL Thread 2019-2020
Mitch has regressed under Nagy this year, not sure why the coach gets a free pass.
-
NFL Thread 2019-2020
Glad Nagy has this offense sharp to start the game...
-
JDM staying in Boston
He’s not going to have a lot of options though. While I’d personally prioritize Grandal, I think a White Sox / JDM pairing is too logical for both sides and will likely happen. The White Sox get a big name to sell to their fanbase (in addition to an elite bat) and JDM gets more years / money while moving to an up-and-coming team that won’t have a Yankees caliber team in their way (sorry Twins & Indians aren’t nearly as good).
-
JDM staying in Boston
I think JDM’s #1 priority right now is money. If he feels the Rangers or White Sox are prepared to tack on an extra year to his existing 3/$63M deal I think he opts-out.
-
Tonight's game showed why Abreu can't be our 1st baseman
He most definitely warrants a contract much higher than Matt Adams‘ 1/$4M last offseason if that’s what you’re referring to. 2/$30M seems like a fair deal for both sides.
-
A Realistic Offseason
Surprise, surprise...the Cubs exercised Quintana’s option. And Chapman has agreed to a one-year extension and is opting in.
-
JDM staying in Boston
This is just some Red Sox blogger’s opinion and means absolutely nothing.
-
Ian Happ?
My brain hurts from reading this post. My god Caulfield, you need an editor or something to help you stay on point for the length of an entire post and to help with your formatting so it’s clear what’s your opinion vs what you’re including from uncited articles. You know a ton about baseball but any insights you have got lost in the clutter.
-
Fantasy Baseball
I may be interested.
-
JDM staying in Boston
?