Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
A Realistic Offseason
I have no idea what you are talking about, but Brett Gardner is NOT a big name (despite being a good player) and his addition alone would NOT sell any tickets.
-
A Realistic Offseason
Yeah, I was going to ask if he’s even played any RF and what is his arm like and it sounds like we have an answer.
-
A Realistic Offseason
Wow...are you suggesting that signing Gardner would somehow increase our attendance next year?
-
Predict the 1st Free Agent Signed
I will say the correct answer technically will be Abreu, but after him I feel it’s 90% likely Zach Wheeler is our first legit free agent and signs at the Winter Meetings.
-
Predict the 1st Free Agent Signed
I don’t think the non-Boras guys are going to wait out the Boras guys this year. I think Wheeler & Bumgarner will move quickly and take advantage of what should be a bigger demand pool.
-
Predict the 1st Free Agent Signed
I’m guessing you don’t realize this by now, but Balta will always assume the absolute worst when it comes to the Sox and in that case it’s the Cubs signing the free agent that would be a perfect fit for us.
-
Predict the 1st Free Agent Signed
Not that I want to further this argument, but wouldn’t the Bulls probably spend the least amount of revenue on their product?
-
Would you trade for Mookie Betts, and what would you trade
How so?
-
A Realistic Offseason
JDM would be awesome, but still don’t see how he fits with Vaughn & Abreu in the 1B/DH mix unless they flip Andrew for a young starter or RF.
-
White Sox part ways w/ Todd Steverson & Greg Sparks, name Frank Menechino as new Hitting Coach
I don’t disagree, but we all know KW was going to keep his dugout snitch around.
-
White Sox part ways w/ Todd Steverson & Greg Sparks, name Frank Menechino as new Hitting Coach
Agreed...Ricky even said his own players were voicing Todd out. That to me was the death blow and a sign changes would be coming.
-
White Sox part ways w/ Todd Steverson & Greg Sparks, name Frank Menechino as new Hitting Coach
Reinsdorf has paid millions upon millions to Bulls coaches he fired, so not sure what you’re talking about here.
-
White Sox part ways w/ Todd Steverson & Greg Sparks, name Frank Menechino as new Hitting Coach
How about some semblance of a game-plan on a nightly basis? And maybe just the slightest bit of plate discipline from our hitters (garbage or not).
-
White Sox part ways w/ Todd Steverson & Greg Sparks, name Frank Menechino as new Hitting Coach
What do you mean the philosophy hasn’t changed? Just not sure I understand what you mean by that.
-
White Sox part ways w/ Todd Steverson & Greg Sparks, name Frank Menechino as new Hitting Coach
Sounds like Menechino is the replacement for Steverson.
-
2020 Coaching Changes
The forum voted correctly as Steverson & Sparks are both gone. Capra was the only other person with a ton of votes, but he will be staying.
-
A Realistic Offseason
Agreed, I think Wheeler’s floor is 4/$80M. Eovaldi got 4/$68M last offseason and Wheeler is a much more proven commodity. Still a price I’d be willing to pay.
-
The Official Too Soon Mock Off Season Thread
I love most of this, but your Nimmo package is way too light.
-
Machado do-over
Guys do have bad years for all sorts of reasons. He’s at an age that you’d likely expect a return to form next year. No guarantees obviously, but I’d still take on his contract right now if the Padres were willing to unload for nothing.
-
Machado do-over
Just because he underperformed this year does not mean he’ll underperform going forward. You are totally jumping the gun here.
-
NFL Thread 2019-2020
I love me some Gardner Minshew.
-
A Realistic Offseason
I really don’t think we’ll be signing three relievers. Colome, Herrera, Bummer, & Fry are locks, while Cordero & Marshall will likely get spots as well, at least to start the season. I think they add one established high-leverage guy and go with some spring training invites to push Cordero & Marshall. Hamilton and some other young should also be in the mix.
-
NFL Thread 2019-2020
Pretty much the nail in the coffin. Huge win today.
-
NFL Thread 2019-2020
In all my years here, I don’t recall a single poster who could single handedly bring down the quality of the board this much. Like even Greg’s insanity results in a good chuckle once in a while. You’d think the non-stop whining would get tiring, but alas he keeps on chugging.
-
NFL Thread 2019-2020
I feel bad for whoever sits next to you in the office. The Bears are up 16 against a good Vikings team and all you can do is repeat ad nauseam how bad Mitch is. Like my god, do you ever shut up?