Everything posted by Timmy U
-
Haber out / Wong in as Assistant GM
No one.
-
Mets In Agreement On Two-Year Deal With Sean Manaea
With luxury tax, Manea is gonna cost them $29.5 mil this year alone. Personally, that does not seem like a good deal to me, but he was better in the second half, so maybe?
-
2024 - MLB Draft Thread
Punters!
-
Mets In Agreement On Two-Year Deal With Sean Manaea
I guess. The same way the Sox have brought in three guys Fedde, Soroka, and Shuster. You can write names down, doesn’t mean they’re gonna stay healthy or not suck. I guess Manea has a chance in that ballpark. Nothing carries out to left.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
If it’s Mets, I want Clifford. Another guy the Sox were tied to prior to the draft. I don’t love him as much as I love Roman Anthony, but they’re pretty comparable.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
Sorry. I certainly did not mean anything personal. I do not like the player. I do not think he is going to be an average mlb regular, therefore I do not want the Sox to acquire him and I do not believe he should play for the O’s ahead of Westburg and others. That is all.
-
2024 - MLB Draft Thread
Interesting question. A lot of these guys have little/no value. Gotta say, if they have the opportunity to unload Gonzalez before he confirms what everyone feared about that swing, I think they should take it.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
Well, perfect. Obviously Ortiz is too good to be included in a trade for Cease.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
I understand. My opposing point is that Ortiz is less good than other options they have at all 3 positions currently and that is with Holliday looming. He’s looking at another year of AAA if Elias doesn’t unload him.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
No way Ortiz pushes Henderson off short on a full time basis. Henderson is pretty darn good defensively and his bat/power/speed are all at least a full grade above Ortiz. I don’t care if he’s Mark Belanger, no one is that good defensively.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
Gunnar Henderson says hi.
-
SEA acquires Luke Raley from TB
Probably.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
These two things are nothing alike. Cease is going to traded in a relatively free market. The buyer and the seller will eventually agree on a price. Is it “fair” in absolute terms? Likely not. Just like in free agency, he will go to the highest bidder. And that will be viewed by all the other bidders as an “overpay” because it is above the price they were willing to pay. Meanwhile, billionaires are able to exert influence over a non-market system: democratic institutions that set the rules for the tax code. They can contribute a minuscule percentage of what they would owe in taxes to political organizations, campaigns, PACS etc to lower or obliterate their marginal tax rate. https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/america-ultra-wealthy-trillions-untaxed-profits-2022-1234940717/ When they pay nothing, suckers like me have to pay a higher rate. There’s nowhere else for the government to get the cash from. People like me do have the recourse of collective action, campaign contributions, volunteering, voting etc, to try to exert influence in the other direction. It usually doesn’t work, but it explains why demanding the ultra-wealthy pay more is a rational action on behalf of those adversely affected. As you can see, this political action is not a market system in any way shape or form. Two very different things.
-
Robbie Ray traded to SFG
I think this proves just how pricey the pitching market has gotten. The Giants are taking a shot at 2.5 years of a former Cy Young winner in his decline phase for $50 mil+ so they don’t have to give someone else $200 mil.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
I am Anthony > Mayer as well. Anthony would be a fantastic get, given the Sox dearth of outfielders.
-
Will any team give Trevor Bauer a last shot?
Or the Angels. The could reunite Bauer and Clevinger with Zach Plesac.
-
White Sox sign Brett Phillips
It's a sad day when I'm super jealous of the Mets for signing Harrison Bader.
-
White Sox sign Brett Phillips
Great, they'll lose 5-2 instead of 6-3.
-
White Sox sign Brett Phillips
I think you mean Sheets, although Big Game James is Rowand’s cousin. Maybe he can be a good field, no hit option out there. And he is a former Royal.
-
White Sox sign Brett Phillips
I don’t hate it, but I hate it. Individually, he’d be a fine 26th man, but as part of a giant collection of 26th men (Lopez, DeJong, Stassi, Tim Hill, Flexen, etc.) it makes me sick to my stomach. Former Royal does not help. I just pray to God this isn’t a defensive replacement cuz they’re committing to Sheets in right.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
Sox need a lot moving forward. It is a talent-starved organization. For this year, the most glaring need is a right fielder, but rumor has it that they have been instructed to prioritize pitching. That’s why the Yankees may make sense.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
I think if they trade with the Yankees, they’ll be looking for pitching. Hampton ot Warren to start, if not both. I would avoid Spencer Jones and Pereira at all costs.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
Morosi would fit right into this thread. He'd be surprised if nothing happened, but has no clue whatsoever whether anything is actually happening
-
2024 - MLB Draft Thread
I like going High School and am also intrigued by Griffin, but you and I disagree on Bazzana. I think he's far from a low-ceiling guy. There's hit, speed, and some power there. However, the Jacob Gonzalez pick has left such a bad taste in my mouth, any college infielder is gonna make me break out in hives.
-
The OF Thread
He's a centerfielder. Lazy comp is Adam Engel. Maybe with less power but at least a grade higher hit tool.