Everything posted by Timmy U
-
Sox v Rangers Game Thread
I'll give you Middleton. It was a rare bad outing for him, but Santos got five outs, the first three in a very tough situation, and then got into trouble with 2 singles, one that didn't leave the infield. Bummer's the one who couldn't get his man. For a young guy who had struggled in the majors with the Giants, Santos has been very good.
-
6/21 Games
https://www.milb.com/scores/all/all/whitesox Early start for W-S. Dalquist getting hammered yet again.
-
Now injured: Crochet
How long has he been sore? How shorthanded were they Sunday and Monday? The way this team deals with injuries -- not putting injured guys on the IL for days and weeks -- and then rushes players back before they're ready, it's scandalous. They're lucky they're not getting sued once a week.
-
And that's an I Can't Help Falling In Love With You Elvis Andrus White Sox Winner.
Good win, but unfair that Santos was on the hook for the loss and Bummer gets the win when one of them pitched very well.
-
Sox v Rangers Game Thread
Anderson stays in the game to catch.
-
6/19 Games
Burrowes 2-3 with a triple and a HR
-
Fire Rick Hahn
"If I determine that, based on my job performance, I should be escorted through the streets, as you say, naked, I will be the first to volunteer to do so," Hahn told the assembled media, "I don't believe that to be the case. The next time you see me naked in the streets of Chicago I will be dancing during the parade."
-
Grifol: 'If you don't like the lineups, talk to Jerry.'
Well, yeah, it's every boy's dream to one day play for a major league team.
-
José Rodriguez promoted to big leagues
Could also be Romy to the IL. Sox love playing with a roster of 23 healthy guys. Going to be interesting to see how he's used. Also, I wonder the effect that tacky ball has had on development across AA. He could be more ready than we know.
-
LA Times assesses White Sox/Dodgers trade possibilities
Eh, his strike out rate post promotion is insane. His value is in the fact he plays cf, Sox don’t need that. Also, Houston is rushing him to the majors cuz they need a cf, they’re not giving him up. Personally, I would rather have Clifford.
-
6/18 Games
Schoenle went 6.1IP 3H 2R 2ER 1bb 7K. One of the runs was an inherited runner let in by that putrid bullpen. You ever want a laugh, look at the numbers of the guys in that pen.
-
Trade for Justin foscue
I like Foscue. Chances are he's eventually 1b/DH (He's also blocked at 1st with Lowe.). If the Sox decide to deal pitching, they could start a bidding war. Check out who Arizona rolled out there today. The Dodgers, Yankees, D-backs, Rangers, Phillies, Reds, Angels all need arms.
-
Sox vs. Seamen, Sunday version
Helluva job by Lynn regardless. Hope the Dodgers, Astros, Orioles, etc. had scouts at the game.
-
6/18 Games
Relief let Simas down. Ends up giving up 2ER. Dash now tied 3-3.
-
6/18 Games
Simas is done 5.1 3H (blooper, 2b&3b to Melton) 1R 1ER 0 10K. Adler had a rough outing, 2 walks, 2H, 3R.
-
6/18 Games
Sox lower level pitching is improving. I'd rank their starters like this: 1. Schultz 2. Mena 3. Cannon 4. Pallette 5. McDougal 6. Kelley (I know, but if he can be a bulk guy, that's as good as starting to me) 7. Burke 8. Thompson 9. Schweitzer 10 Murphy 11. Simas 12. Vera (but hope is waning) 13. Nolasco (I believe he eventually starts) 14. McCullough 15. Sommer.
-
Sox vs. Seamen, Sunday version
Bryce Miller is one of the 3 successful rookie SP Millers, and he's been pretty good. Texas and the Yankees both got him, everyone else, pretty much no. When it comes to the Sox scoring runs, I take the under.
-
6/18 Games
3-1 HR and triple for Tatum.
-
6/18 Games
Simas also off to a good start 3IP 2H 1R 1ER 0bb 7K. Bloop and then a triple from supplemental first rounder Jacob Melton.
-
Sox vs Seamen
Every year it’s the same, the Sox carry a bunch of injured guys who cannot play for weeks at a time only to IL them later. Then they rush injured guys back for subpar performance like TA, Moncada, Bummer, and Crochet. It is weird.
-
2023 AL Central Division Thread
Cleveland lost. 6-3. Bieber ran out of gas late. Corbin Carroll is good at baseball. I bet the Guards regret believing in the Oscar Gonzalez mirage and trading Will Benson to the Reds. Benson has looked very good of late. The similarly named Will Brennan? He's okay, but probably not a first division regular.
-
LA Times assesses White Sox/Dodgers trade possibilities
If trading Gio to the Astros (I know, but they have a huge need) I'd ask for Ryan Clifford. Otherwise, their system is meh.
-
LA Times assesses White Sox/Dodgers trade possibilities
Yeah, not getting Miller now for TA and/or Gio. Stone has been brutal in the majors and AAA and Pepiot is hurt. I would go for Rushing.
-
6/17 Games
Barons score 2 in the 6th and hold on to win 11-10.
-
6/17 Games
Birmingham's horrible np pen has blown a 9-3 lead. They trail 10-9 in the bottom of the 6th of a 7 inning game.