Everything posted by Timmy U
-
Gallo Released, Adams has Flexor Strain
Sox have a pretty packed minor league system in the pitching side. Hard to imagine there’s a roster spot for him.
-
Sean Burke Opening Day Starter
Good for Burke. He has the best stuff of the 4 guys named. Ultimately it doesn’t matter as everyone is the #1 on the day they go.
-
Rox @ Sox Spring Breakout Gm Sunday 4 pm CHSN
Interesting that Bergolla gets the start. Also Wolkow.
-
Sox have no national TV games...
Good news for me. I have mlb.tv.
-
3/16 - Sox @ Rangers, 3:05 CDT - spring training
Mostly roster dregs today, but then again, most of their roster is dregs.
-
2025 Things to be Excited About List
Zavala does have above average EVs, when he’s on time. Saucke has above average power, but I question his strike zone judgment to get to it. Both Veras and Gladney have good power, but probably won’t be able to get to it cuz they expand the zone. Mogollon has shown pop, but it comes with a lot of K’s. I agree that the Sox need more guys who can hit it out.
-
3/15 - Rox @ Sox (whitesox.com stream), Sox @ D-backs - split squad
Sure. He might be starting in LF on opening day.
-
3/15 - Rox @ Sox (whitesox.com stream), Sox @ D-backs - split squad
Baldwin over 100 mph EV on the double. For me, Baldwin > Meidroth, but I have always been a fan.
-
3/14 - Reds @ Sox 3:05 CDT - spring training, whitesox.com streaming
I don’t dislike Fletcher, but I can’t stand watching him “hit.”
-
Opening Day 26-Man Roster
I think completion for pitching slots is down to 13 of these 16 guys: Martin, Cannon, Perez, Burke, S.Smith, B. Wilson, Clevinger, Murfee, Booser, Eisert, Ellard, Gilbert, Leasure, Varland, Dunn, S. Wilson. Anybody else have a shot?
-
3/14 - Reds @ Sox 3:05 CDT - spring training, whitesox.com streaming
Elbow discomfort for Adams. It is exactly what it looked like. More testing tomorrow.
-
3/14 - Reds @ Sox 3:05 CDT - spring training, whitesox.com streaming
It’s currently blocking Vargas, Drury, and Sosa from playing more 2b. It’s not a huge deal, but when the Sox run out the worst defensive infield in the league, their commitment to Vaughn will be a contributing factor.
-
3/14 - Reds @ Sox 3:05 CDT - spring training, whitesox.com streaming
What positions can Drury actually play anymore? He has mostly been yet another R/R 1b/DH this spring. Really underlines how offering Vaughn arbitration was an odd choice.
-
3/14 - Reds @ Sox 3:05 CDT - spring training, whitesox.com streaming
Drury having a day. 2 HR
-
3/14 - Reds @ Sox 3:05 CDT - spring training, whitesox.com streaming
Anderson and Varland have both been released as well. The Sox have some decent prospects, but man, do they have a lot of bad players in camp with a chance to make the team.
-
3/14 - Reds @ Sox 3:05 CDT - spring training, whitesox.com streaming
Pretty sure a box of balls has more trade value than this line up. Lee and Baldwin are the only guys worth more than “cash considerations.” Maybe Drury by end of the year.
-
3/14 - Reds @ Sox 3:05 CDT - spring training, whitesox.com streaming
Sox line up today seems like an expansion team with a ton of guys who have been released in the last two years. Bleah.
-
3/14 - Reds @ Sox 3:05 CDT - spring training, whitesox.com streaming
I don’t think he has.
-
3/14 - Reds @ Sox 3:05 CDT - spring training, whitesox.com streaming
Looks not great given that 3-2 pitch. That is how it looks when you hear something pop.
-
3/14 - Reds @ Sox 3:05 CDT - spring training, whitesox.com streaming
The guy who started. Ashcroft, is in their rotation.
-
Rox @ Sox Spring Breakout Gm Sunday 4 pm CHSN
Mostly excited to see Bonemer. If he’s a dude, whole farm looks different.
-
The Athletic Hope meter
I agree with the Sox part, but you should really watch Gigli with your funniest friends. It's so bad it crosses over from earnest, godawful meditation on human sexuality to hilarious send up of pretentious filmmakers. One of the more enjoyable afternoons of my life was when I saw it i the theater.
-
Opening Day 26-Man Roster
So, someone like Shane Smith?
-
Shortstop Candidates
Meidroth not really a ss and is 2-16 in the Spring. Of course, Baldwin hasn’t been tearing it up either. The guy who has opened eyes is Bergolla, but he is going to AA. The guys who have looked good as infielders offensively are Rojas, Sosa, Drury, Vargas, and Vaughn. Not really any shortstops there. Maybe Rojas?
-
White Sox asking for "top prospects" for Robert
I like DePaula, but I think he is unathletic. Probably leftfield profile possibly trending to left. Hope is a far better defender. He could possibly stick in center. Slam dunk in right. I could see Hope and Freeland for Robert. That said, I would rather just keep Luis. He is literally their only good player. I would love to have something to watch for at least the first half of the season.