Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Timmy U

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Timmy U

  1. Sox have a pretty packed minor league system in the pitching side. Hard to imagine there’s a roster spot for him.
  2. Good for Burke. He has the best stuff of the 4 guys named. Ultimately it doesn’t matter as everyone is the #1 on the day they go.
  3. Interesting that Bergolla gets the start. Also Wolkow.
  4. Good news for me. I have mlb.tv.
  5. Mostly roster dregs today, but then again, most of their roster is dregs.
  6. Zavala does have above average EVs, when he’s on time. Saucke has above average power, but I question his strike zone judgment to get to it. Both Veras and Gladney have good power, but probably won’t be able to get to it cuz they expand the zone. Mogollon has shown pop, but it comes with a lot of K’s. I agree that the Sox need more guys who can hit it out.
  7. Sure. He might be starting in LF on opening day.
  8. Baldwin over 100 mph EV on the double. For me, Baldwin > Meidroth, but I have always been a fan.
  9. I don’t dislike Fletcher, but I can’t stand watching him “hit.”
  10. I think completion for pitching slots is down to 13 of these 16 guys: Martin, Cannon, Perez, Burke, S.Smith, B. Wilson, Clevinger, Murfee, Booser, Eisert, Ellard, Gilbert, Leasure, Varland, Dunn, S. Wilson. Anybody else have a shot?
  11. Elbow discomfort for Adams. It is exactly what it looked like. More testing tomorrow.
  12. It’s currently blocking Vargas, Drury, and Sosa from playing more 2b. It’s not a huge deal, but when the Sox run out the worst defensive infield in the league, their commitment to Vaughn will be a contributing factor.
  13. What positions can Drury actually play anymore? He has mostly been yet another R/R 1b/DH this spring. Really underlines how offering Vaughn arbitration was an odd choice.
  14. Anderson and Varland have both been released as well. The Sox have some decent prospects, but man, do they have a lot of bad players in camp with a chance to make the team.
  15. Pretty sure a box of balls has more trade value than this line up. Lee and Baldwin are the only guys worth more than “cash considerations.” Maybe Drury by end of the year.
  16. Sox line up today seems like an expansion team with a ton of guys who have been released in the last two years. Bleah.
  17. Looks not great given that 3-2 pitch. That is how it looks when you hear something pop.
  18. The guy who started. Ashcroft, is in their rotation.
  19. Mostly excited to see Bonemer. If he’s a dude, whole farm looks different.
  20. I agree with the Sox part, but you should really watch Gigli with your funniest friends. It's so bad it crosses over from earnest, godawful meditation on human sexuality to hilarious send up of pretentious filmmakers. One of the more enjoyable afternoons of my life was when I saw it i the theater.
  21. So, someone like Shane Smith?
  22. Meidroth not really a ss and is 2-16 in the Spring. Of course, Baldwin hasn’t been tearing it up either. The guy who has opened eyes is Bergolla, but he is going to AA. The guys who have looked good as infielders offensively are Rojas, Sosa, Drury, Vargas, and Vaughn. Not really any shortstops there. Maybe Rojas?
  23. I like DePaula, but I think he is unathletic. Probably leftfield profile possibly trending to left. Hope is a far better defender. He could possibly stick in center. Slam dunk in right. I could see Hope and Freeland for Robert. That said, I would rather just keep Luis. He is literally their only good player. I would love to have something to watch for at least the first half of the season.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.