Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike
-
Sox vs Tigers Game 2, 6:08 first pitch
QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 21, 2015 -> 06:07 PM) I'll play along Mike. I think that for some crazy reason this lineup puts some runs up against the lefty Wolf. I know, call me crazy. Wolf: 5.1 IP 7H 5ER 2BB 3K Wolf is an old, declining scrub with minimal talent at this point in his career, so chances are that he'll shut the Sox down haha.
-
Sox vs Tigers Game 2, 6:08 first pitch
How about we predict Randy Wolf's stat line against this little league offense? I'm guessing: 6.2 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
-
Montas working with less velocity, more movement
QUOTE (reiks12 @ Sep 21, 2015 -> 04:40 PM) With him, Rodon, and Fulmer in the shadows how can anybody NOT be excited with our rotation for years to come? Hopefully EJ can continue to do well too. Plus Sale and Q are still pretty young and in their primes. If only this team could learn how to hit. :/
-
Montas working with less velocity, more movement
Montas reminds me of Yordano Ventura in a way. I just hope he's not as much of a prick and a tool as Ventura is.
-
Samardjiza believes he was tipping pitches
Why wouldn't he say this? It's not like he's just going to admit that he's been trash for a good 3/4 of the season. This is bologna IMO. I need to see an improvement over several starts to believe this.
-
Sox vs Tigers Game 1, 12:08 first pitch
If Samardzija shut down this lineup, Sale shouldn't have any issues either.
-
Sox vs Tigers Game 1, 12:08 first pitch
Jeff f***ing Samardzija threw a complete game shutout? Am I reading that right?
-
9/20 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 02:38 PM) I love Danks as a No. 5 starter, but I think I'd love him more in the bullpen. Sox have to develop a plan for next season. Bullpen is not exactly a strength. How bout rotation of Sale, Johnson (need righty balance), Q, sign a cheap veteran fill in type righty; and Rodon. Danks is our late inning lefty so trade Duke. Robertson is closer. Now just need to find better righty set up options. Start with Nate. So Sale, Johnson, Q, veteran righty, Rodon get the game to Danks in the seventh, Nate in the eighth and Robertson in the ninth. "On paper" a wildcard contending staff? You want Erik Johnson to be the #2 starter in the rotation? Ok then.
-
Rodon for rookie of the year?
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 07:52 AM) Rodon will be in the rotation through the Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama, and Clinton kid administrations! But seriously, I'd be extremely happy if the Sox could lock him up for the next decade and a half. I don't see that happening though.
-
9/19 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (AlSoxfan @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 09:35 PM) And so Robinson gets a save for that....wow He's so bad that you don't even know his name!
-
9/19 at Cleveland Indians
The Indians just pulled a White Sox.
-
9/19 at Cleveland Indians
Robertson is god awful.
-
9/19 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 09:00 PM) Time for the pen to piss on it. I would have still left him in. Lol, watch Robertson blow this. It wouldn't surprise me if he did actually.
-
9/19 at Cleveland Indians
Hell of a game right there for Carlos.
-
9/19 at Cleveland Indians
Did Steve just say "Rodan"? Oh boy.
-
9/19 at Cleveland Indians
Rodon is special. His stats are going to be really good next year when he's given a clean slate.
-
Rodon for rookie of the year?
Correa, Lindor, and Sano all have a better chance to win than him sadly. But that doesn't discount what he's done this year. He's had a hell of a season, and he's improved so much from when he started. I can't wait to see how he does in a full season next year.
-
Will Sale get to 300 strikeouts?
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 11:07 AM) I think he gets 3 starts. Needs 14 K's per start to get there. Won't happen. He will pass Walsh and get the single-season Sox record, though (barring injury). I agree that he should pitch to contact more. Yep. I'm not talking a major decrease in strikeouts, but I'd take 20 less of them a year if he can lower his ERA by .20 of a run at the same time. I guess it's more just personal preference. I'd prefer less strikeouts and a better ERA, but there are probably people that think the opposite.
-
My/Your Off Season Plan
QUOTE (coco1997 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 10:51 AM) Maybe it's just my emotions getting the better of me after his last couple starts but I'm no longer completely opposed to the idea of trading Chris Sale. If I'm Rick Hahn I take a good hard look at the state of our offense and see what a team like the Dodgers would give us for Chris. The Dodgers are maybe the only team, IMO, who would be willing to part with anything close to Sale's value. Of course, I would also want a high-end pitching prospect in the deal to somewhat offset the blow of losing Sale. Seager and Urias would have to be included, minimum, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hahn needed another top prospect or two as well. But I still think it's unlikely that the Sox move him at all. We can't discount the past 4 years of dominance because of 2 or 3 bad starts in a lost season.
-
Will Sale get to 300 strikeouts?
Well, he's at 259 now with 2, maybe 3 starts left, so I don't see him getting to 300 this year. It's still been a hell of a season though. However, am I the only one that wouldn't mind if his K rate went down a little bit next year if he pitched to contact more? I'm not talking a major decrease in strikeouts, just a little. I think pitching to contact would help extend his outings and lower his ERA. I think he'd have a much better chance at the Cy Young at the end of the season if if he was 13-11 or so with a 2.80 ish ERA with 240 K's instead of 13-11 with a 3.50 ERA with 275 K's.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 07:10 AM) I agree. Its a little strange since he isn't going to win Cy Young award any way. I know that, but he's still one of my all time favorite players so I want him to end the season strong in preparation for next year.
-
My/Your Off Season Plan
QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 10:57 PM) Cespedes is just what KW ordered: low OBP off of a career year. I would consider trading Eaton. He's a clown, but his stats are good and should yield a couple of good players. Trayce can play CF (better than Eaton can). What do you mean by that? I think the argument could be made that Eaton has been the second best hitter on the team all season long. He is also cost controlled and fairly young, so I'm not sure why the Sox would want to move him.
-
2016 MLB Draft
I can't be the only one who thinks that the Sox HAVE to take a hitter with their first pick, right? They already have a bunch of young stud pitchers, but not many hitters. I'd ideally like a catcher or third baseman with some pop, but we'll have to see.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 10:12 PM) Thank God those Sale runs were unearned. I was cringing at the thought of his ERA before I saw the box score. lol, we are so much alike. Whenever he gives up a homer or a run scoring hit, my heart starts pounding in agony of what his ERA will rise to. I'm crazy haha.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
Thanks for the quick responses, gents. Much appreciated.