7/16/16 Sox @ Angels Shields vs Shoemaker

Condor13

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:43 PM)
None of those players are core guys and for the most part can be easily replaced.

But that's not my point. If we trade the guys you mentioned, I don't think we'll get enough in return to the point where it can be considered a rebuild.

Also I do consider Cabrera to be a core guy since I consider him to be our best hitter, unless you're referring to his contract which is done after 2017, in which case, I agree.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:33 PM)
I'm becoming more open to selling, but if we're gonna do it, we have to do it right. No half-assing it. I mean trading Sale, Quintana, Abreu, Frazier, everyone 27 and over basically. I feel like if we sold, we'd keep one of Sale/Q and keep us perpetually average

This organization can't do it right. Scouting and development suck.

Time to mix the middle of the lineup up. It won't do much but gota do something. I'm no fan of Robin as a manager but he's between a rock and a hard place. Hahn has dealt nothing but s***ty cards to him.

The sad thing is Zack Collins could come up and not be that much worse than Navarro. He's a f***ing hack. Can't catch, can't hit.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:45 PM)
They never have an approach. I don't even know if they scout their opponents

It makes you wonder certainly. This team won't have a future until JR sells or passes on sadly.

I wana know what the f*** Steverson and Sparks do with this group of hitters? They don't even have an approach. At least if they were grinding ABs and working counts, I could see something. But there's nothing. No adjustments. I'm not one to say fire the hitting coach every 3 seasons but goddamn Steverson blows or they just flat out don't listen to him.

Edited by SouthSideSale

Sox need to add a good centerfielder that can hit, a good catcher, and two good bullpen arms without giving up much talent in return. How are they going to do it? f*** if I know - JR, KW and RH got themselves in this position, let them spend whatever money it takes to get out of it.

The last thing I want to see is Rick Hahn and this current organization presiding over a sell off and full rebuild. Buy buy buy!

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 04:40 AM)
Lol Chuck Garfein just yelled, "what was their approach today?!"

Like a few have said, this team never has an approach (especially in Central Div. games). It's actually true. Like I complain a lot about never "competing." We don't have an approach and we don't compete. We show up. That's the strong point of this team. They show up and whatever happens happens.

They do what they do. I mean that's inexcusable for Frazier to not loft that first meatball into center for an RBI sac fly. But he swung so hard there was no chance he'd get around on it.

It's sickening baseball. Anybody who says they have an "approach" is either a blatant homer or baseball stupid. Now out of nowhere they get shut out three games in a row, after all the other indignities this season. Crazy team.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:35 PM)
I'll repeat again....so everyone is mad with the team Rick Hahn assembled. But you want him to make the most important trade in franchise history. One that may decide if we are competitive in five years or go 20 years without winning. Do I have that right?

I want Ventura, Hahn, and Williams fired in the offseason.First priority for the new front office is to find a decent catcher and center fielder. See how things are this time next year. Start to sell then if things are still looking bleak.

You think Hahn and Williams are doing a good job and don't deserve any criticism. Do I have that right?

QUOTE (Insp @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:47 PM)
How can you watch a game such as this and not have it affect your sanity?

No s***. Third straight shutout by the Braves and Angels. Of course there's a meltdown. This team is garbage and wasting this core sucks.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:48 PM)
Sox need to add a good centerfielder that can hit and two good bullpen arms without giving up much talent in return. How are they going to do it? f*** if I know - JR, KW and RH got themselves in this position, let them spend whatever money it takes to get out of it.

The last thing I want to see is Rick Hahn and this current organization presiding over a sell off and full rebuild. Buy buy buy!

But what I don't want is to give up Fulmer for some mediocre hitter.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 03:51 AM)

If you can get a controllable hitter for 2-3 years for Fulmer, I would love it. You only do it if you don't sell though

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:49 PM)
I want Ventura, Hahn, and Williams fired in the offseason.First priority for the new front office is to find a decent catcher and center fielder. See how things are this time next year. Start to sell then if things are still looking bleak.

You think Hahn and Williams are doing a good job and don't deserve any criticism. Do I have that right?

Well if you could actually take some time to read my posts you would realize how stupid your last sentence is.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:53 PM)
If you can get a controllable hitter for 2-3 years for Fulmer, I would love it. You only do it if you don't sell though

Lucroy would be ideal. Not sure what his contract is though.

Wil Myers would be the guy I'd love to get but they don't have the pieces to.

This is why I want to sell. The cupboard is bare in regards to near ready major league talent now that Fulmer and Anderson are up.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:52 PM)
As long as Kenny Williams is in the mix nothing will EVER change.

Agreed. As long as Reinsdorf and Kenny are where they are, the Sox aren't making the playoffs unless they get one of those lucky 85 win years where every other team in a weak division gets hurt.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:51 PM)

Nobody does. If they can't trade him for a good hitting CF or C with years of control then keep him. The Sox need to spend a LOT of money to fix this mess. They made a lot of money over the decades and their way of doing things got them in this mess so they'll have to overspend now to get this team back to winning again.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:57 PM)
Nobody does. If they can't trade him for a good hitting CF or C with years of control then keep him. The Sox need to spend a LOT of money to fix this mess. They made a lot of money over the decades and their way of doing things got them in this mess so they'll have to overspend now to get this team back to winning again.

But this FA class sucks coming up. They're f***ed honestly.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:53 PM)
Well if you could actually take some time to read my posts you would realize how stupid your last sentence is.

I didn't see your last post. My bad on that.

I agree that the Sox won't sell this year. Hahn may as well just turn in his walking papers if that happens.They will most likely just stand pat like they did last year. I would really like the entire FO fired in the offseason though if this season continues to tank. This is America and people can be fired if they suck at their job. Someone needs to remind JR of that.