Sox call ups, round 2

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 09:23 PM)
Which means no Fulmer, no Burdi.

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 19m19 minutes agoRick Hahn says this is entire group #WhiteSox will call up.

I fully expected to see Fulmer but maybe he and Burdi will be competing in 2017 for the AL Rookie Pitcher of the Year? I guess we will see lots of Gonzalez and Ranaudo the rest of the way and since I just saw Hayes'tweet I reckon Mr Shields keeps on a hurlin

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 03:29 PM)
I fully expected to see Fulmer but maybe he and Burdi will be competing in 2017 for the AL Rookie Pitcher of the Year? I guess we will see lots of Gonzalez and Ranaudo the rest of the way and since I just saw Hayes'tweet I reckon Mr Shields keeps on a hurlin

Called this a couple of days ago...the last thing they want is for Fulmer and Burdi to be rocked in the big leagues the final month, because that's going to be a huge element of their offseason marketing.

1) Fulmer and Burdi are going to be looked at as making two free agent signings

2) Putnam and Petricka will surely fix the pen, unpopular Albers sacrificed

3) Maybe Morneau stays and they have that feel good story

4) James Shields has rededicated himself in the offseason to a conditioning program to strengthen his back

5) New manager will totally change the culture of the team and lift the spirit of the fans

6) Someone will have to replace the equally unpopular Avi...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 04:41 PM)
Called this a couple of days ago...the last thing they want is for Fulmer and Burdi to be rocked in the big leagues the final month, because that's going to be a huge element of their offseason marketing.

4) James Shields has rededicated himself in the offseason to a conditioning program to strengthen his back

5) New manager will totally change the culture of the team and lift the spirit of the fans

Luckily you won't have to watch any games for the next couple of seasons now.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 04:41 PM)

You cannot seriously think this was a marketing decision. You have to be trolling or trying to stir something up.

@MLBBruceLevine

Rick Hahn said 2015 first Rd pick RHP Carson Fulmer had thrown enough innings for this season . ( no call up )

@ChiTribKane

Rick Hahn says Carson Fulmer made strides last few starts at AAA. Didn't think he'd get enough quality innings with Sox over last month...

@scottmerkin

Hahn on Burdi: "We wanted him to finish the year on a positive note. We felt his workload was such that it didn’t make a lot of sense ..

@scottmerkin

More Hahn: ".. to bring him at this time." Hahn stressed Burdi had a great run and will be in big league camp this upcoming ST in Ariz..

@ChiTribKane

...But Rick Hahn says they still see Carson Fulmer as a starter who can help in near future moving forward for White Sox.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 05:31 PM)
I hope Leury hits. He really would be the best bench piece.

If Leury proves that he can play at this level, I honestly would have no problem putting Saladino as the primary 2B and having Lawrie DH next year if they can't sign anyone else to DH...and have Leury be the infield utility. Obviously not the first choice of action, but I would like to see Saladino start somewhere. Maybe they can convert him to a RF and have Eaton stay at CF? Just throwing ideas out there.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 02:51 PM)
So Fulmer's innings total for the season ends at 103, a drop of nearly 50 innings compared to the previous year.

I think they wanted him to avoid having any other bad starts so that the team trading for him will still look positively on how he finished.

Pretty bogus reason by Hahn when its less than last year.

Wonder what their real reason is.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 08:16 PM)
I think it was just stated: to retain his trade value if need be.

I don't think they can afford to trade him unless it is in a deal where a SP is coming back. Ranaudo is really struggling so going into the spring starting pitching is once again up in the air. After the top 3 Shields, Miggy and Fulmer are leading the pack with Turner on the outside. Once again they will have to dumster dive for a 5th starter like last year and hope they strike gold.

Edited by SCCWS