2016 Presidential Election Thread

Quin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
Anyone else would have destroyed Trump.

Huh? This is happening because tiny counties came out in droves. You just posted the most inaccurate statement, sytatistically speaking, of all-time.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
Not all of them, I know a lot of republicans who still tear into his policies when he's brought up.

I never said all, but we knew that this election would have nothing to do with actual policy once Trump won the nomination. Bernie is about as clean as you can get for a politician while Clinton is heavily disliked and mired in controversy.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
They just went 8 years without much improvement and your answer is a person who echos the last 8 years. Can't really fault them for wanting to try something different/unproven/unknown (ha).

You do realize the guy that was in charge the last 8 years would win this election easily?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 09:08 PM)
I never said all, but we knew that this election would have nothing to do with actual policy once Trump won the nomination. Bernie is about as clean as you can get for a politician while Clinton is heavily disliked and mired in controversy.

That is very true and I agree with that, there'd still be a solid republican base that would fight hard vs Bernie's policies.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 08:57 PM)
Or people are tired of the same old s***. The exit polling shows that. People don't necessarily like him, but they do want something different.

It's pretty striking the difference between rural america and urban america that this election is highlighting.

When I get tired of eating the same foods for a lot of my meals, my reaction is never "f*** it, let's see if I like the taste of rat poison".

Never underestimate racist white Americans.

Assuming HRC holds VA, PA, MI, WI and gets NH... she still likely wins. She needs just NV or CO to go with it. No need for Clinton backers to give this up, or even panic.

This is really, really, really close. But I don't believe Trump at 70% now, nor did I believe the models saying Clinton 90% before. I admit though this is closer than I thought it would be. My guess is, it really comes down to Nevada and Colorado.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 09:13 PM)
Assuming HRC holds VA, PA, MI, WI and gets NH... she still likely wins. She needs just NV or CO to go with it. No need for Clinton backers to give this up, or even panic.

This is really, really, really close. But I don't believe Trump at 70% now, nor did I believe the models saying Clinton 90% before. I admit though this is closer than I thought it would be. My guess is, it really comes down to Nevada and Colorado.

MI and WI are likely to go trump according to upshot. It's over

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 09:08 PM)
Huh? This is happening because tiny counties came out in droves. You just posted the most inaccurate statement, sytatistically speaking, of all-time.

I really believe if the Democrats nominated someone other than Hillary Clinton, this election would have been over months ago with the Dems getting a win of historic levels. I also believe that if someone other than Trump was nominated the GOP would have trounced in this cycle as well.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 09:11 PM)
You know this isn't true.

I have zero reason to think Hillary will force corporations to build factories in those small towns where People are voting for Trump because they are poor and frustrated. ( and no, I don't think Trump will either, just looking at the mindset those people would have)