President-Elect Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 21, 2016 -> 04:06 AM)
And he decided to make a difference in the way he cares about. Find the people with the strongest record of hate towards every racial group he can.

I don't want to get into some thing where I'm trying to defend Trump, but what are u specifically talking about? Didn't he say he wanted to build a wall to keep out the illegal entrants into the USA? Now I'm all for immigrants, it's what makes our country great, letting people come here, but isn't that the only thing he's done that can be construed as racial?

I know the KKK loves Trump but has Trump done anything specific to hate on African Americans and members of the gay and lesbian community? I know I haven't followed the election that closely but what are you exactly talking about? The fact the KKK endorsed him? Or has he said stuff like, "I hate African Americans and will make life hell on them." What has he done?

Forgive me for not knowing.

And again, please don't suggest I'm some Trump guy. I swear on a stack of Bibles and I am a practicing Catholic that I did not vote for him and I did not vote for Hillary either. I told you I think he's a 2 out of 10 as a person and I feel Hillary is a 2 as well. I might give her a 3.

But you keep mentioning this hate toward races besides his own. What are you talking about?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Nov 20, 2016 -> 09:59 PM)
This race thing is so overblown and i'm starting to get really sick of everyone buying into it like sheep. People act like the Jim Crow Laws ran for president and won.

Yeah, not like Sessions was denied a federal judgeship 30 years ago for being racist.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/eco...25d0_story.html

Potential business conflicts mounting...already met with Mumbai property developers since the election, and lots of stories going around that Blair House is essentially being replaced by the Trump International Hotel as foreign nations seek to "impress/pay homage to" Trump by booking suites at his new Washington hotel.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/hous...on-fight-223366

House Erupts After Votes Mysteriously Shift on LGBT discrimination

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 20, 2016 -> 10:31 PM)
I don't want to get into some thing where I'm trying to defend Trump, but what are u specifically talking about? Didn't he say he wanted to build a wall to keep out the illegal entrants into the USA? Now I'm all for immigrants, it's what makes our country great, letting people come here, but isn't that the only thing he's done that can be construed as racial?

I know the KKK loves Trump but has Trump done anything specific to hate on African Americans and members of the gay and lesbian community? I know I haven't followed the election that closely but what are you exactly talking about? The fact the KKK endorsed him? Or has he said stuff like, "I hate African Americans and will make life hell on them." What has he done?

Forgive me for not knowing.

And again, please don't suggest I'm some Trump guy. I swear on a stack of Bibles and I am a practicing Catholic that I did not vote for him and I did not vote for Hillary either. I told you I think he's a 2 out of 10 as a person and I feel Hillary is a 2 as well. I might give her a 3.

But you keep mentioning this hate toward races besides his own. What are you talking about?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_pol...easons_why.html

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 21, 2016 -> 05:38 AM)

If he really said all those things then he is a bad man. Wait I already rated him a 2 on a scale of 1-10.

Anyhow, if he truly has said all that stuff, I'd think his life is in danger. He'll be in public a lot and a lot of people will probably want to harm him. I'm not asking for that or condoning that, but read that list and I'm sure some people want to harm Trump after reading what he's said about them.

Sessions looks like a lock for confirmation

Senate Democrats have no leverage to stop him unless Republicans defect.

Sessions: Case of Central Park 5, later exonerated, shows Trump's dedication to 'law and order'

Sen. Jeff Sessions said Thursday that Donald Trump's 1989 campaign to bring back the death penalty for the "Central Park Five" shows the Republican nominee is serious about "law and order," though all five of the men convicted in that crime were eventually exonerated.

But hey, don't call the man who kicked off his campaign with racism, doubled down on racism for 16 more months, and immediately started appointing the worst possible people to important positions after he won the election racist! That would be mean!

TRUMP'S CHARITY ADMITS TO VIOLATING IRS SELF-DEALING BAN

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President-elect Donald Trump's charity admitted in its 2015 tax filing that it violated IRS regulations.

Those regulations prohibit self-dealing by the charity. That's broadly defined as using its money or assets to benefit Trump, his family, his companies or substantial contributors to the foundation.

A 2015 tax return posted on the nonprofit monitoring website GuideStar shows the Donald J. Trump Foundation acknowledged that it used money or assets in violation of the regulations not only during 2015, but in prior years.

The tax filing doesn't provide details on the violations. Whether Trump benefited from the foundation's spending has been the subject of an investigation by the New York attorney general's office following reports by The Washington Post. The Post first reported the details of the tax filing Tuesday.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 23, 2016 -> 05:40 AM)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillar...5ed3a34?ref=yfp

Hillary Clinton urged by experts to contest results in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania

I actually laughed after seeing this. The whole "accept the election" meme has now come full circle. One of these days you would think candidates and parties would learn to quit saying things for short term gain, but then again as willing as their followers are to make excuses for them, they really don't need to be honest.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 23, 2016 -> 10:09 AM)
I actually laughed after seeing this. The whole "accept the election" meme has now come full circle. One of these days you would think candidates and parties would learn to quit saying things for short term gain, but then again as willing as their followers are to make excuses for them, they really don't need to be honest.

Well, no, it hasn't. It's at like 95% of the circle.

Because unlike Donald, Hillary hasn't ever indicated anything but accepting the election.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 23, 2016 -> 02:12 PM)
That seems like such a bad move for Haley. Admin jobs just aren't much of a way of career booster when already an executive position.

It might be the most important position of all.

Convincing the rest of the world for the next four years not to go to war with us. More high profile and foreign policy experience accumulation (weak spot on her resume) than serving as a rural southern state governor.

Plus, India becomes even more important as a counterweight/hedge against China and Russia.

Edited by caulfield12