White Sox listening on Frazier

southsider2k5

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 02:50 AM)
BP Boston offered up this trade of Frazier in a recent post....

Todd Frazier and Nate Jones to the Red Sox for...

C Blake Swihart

SS Mauricio Dubon

SP Henry Owens

RP Williams Jerez

Not a terribly exciting return, but I think it's probably a fair one. Swihart we all pretty much know, Henry Owens used to be a top prospect, Dubon is 22 and hit .339 this season in 62 games in AA (stole 30 bases combined between A+ and AA), and Jerez is just kind of a throw-in reliever.

That is an awful deal. We would be lucky to get 1 major leaguer out of that group. Meanwhile we are sending them a 40 HR 3B and elite reliever on a great contract.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Scoots @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 06:38 PM)
I actually remember Frazier saying once in a conversation this year he specifically said he wants to stay in Chicago, whether that means rebuilding or not. I remember him specifically saying that, and I hope he does.

He said that way back in Spring Training. Just goo-goo journalism. Means nothing.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 01:50 AM)

C Blake Swihart

SS Mauricio Dubon

SP Henry Owens

RP Williams Jerez

Not a terribly exciting return, but I think it's probably a fair one. Swihart we all pretty much know, Henry Owens used to be a top prospect, Dubon is 22 and hit .339 this season in 62 games in AA (stole 30 bases combined between A+ and AA), and Jerez is just kind of a throw-in reliever.

WOOF

I'd hold Frazier til July. I'd move Robertson and maybe Melky but I might hold them too. Sox pen has a chance to be good. If Burdi is ready plus Fulmer they would have 3 plus arms with Jones. That's a major improvement.

A good Sale trade that adds 2 young starting position players (plus prospects) and get a Lf out there who can play some D and the Sox are a better team than last year, imo.

That Redsox trade for Frazier looks like spare parts. Owens is nothing anymore. Swithart may be okay but not sure about his D.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 01:50 AM)

C Blake Swihart

SS Mauricio Dubon

SP Henry Owens

RP Williams Jerez

I would give a flat no on that deal for Jones alone. Adding Frazier makes it laughable.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 02:55 PM)
Davidson has barely been able to prove himself as a AAA player. I would be incredibly shocked if he ever showed he could hit major league pitching on the regular basis with the historic hole in his swing.

He did alright last year and is the type of guy you play at the MLB level during a rebuild (if you can't find another stop-gap that you want to flip/hang around for veteran leadership, etc.).

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 02:50 AM)

C Blake Swihart

SS Mauricio Dubon

SP Henry Owens

RP Williams Jerez

No way in hell. I don't think I'd take that for Nate Jones alone. I'm not a fan of Owens. Swihart isn't a catcher. Don't know much about the other two however.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)
No way in hell. I don't think I'd take that for Nate Jones alone. I'm not a fan of Owens. Swihart isn't a catcher. Don't know much about the other two however.

Dubon is really interesting if he can stick at SS. The Jerez guy seems rather worthless, but I don't know anything outside of his uninspiring numbers.

Instead of looking at rebuilding by wondering what we could get for certain players, it would be interesting to approach it by affirmatively targeting a player or prospect and then finding out out what that team might accept in return. That is how I would approach things.

So, for example, if the Sox want to build a team around young players who can play defense and have speed, then look at some of the best players and see if that team might want Qiuitana or Sale, or some package of players we have.

Just selling off pieces and acceptimg another teams dregach (like the Boston trade that was suggested) makes it appear that we are bargaining from a weak position.

The Sox were weak, but we have some of the tp pitchers on the market and some decent veterans like Frazier, Robertson, Jones, Mellky and Eaton.

I would try to go after a young player with star potential like Trea Turner. He may be untradeable but you never know until you ask.

Edited by miracleon35th

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 05:06 PM)
Listening to KC sports radio today, they went around the U.S. for a quick run around the sports of a few cities. Landed on Boston, and media guy said he'd rather give up Moncada for Sale than Benintendi.

Benintendi might be the higher regarded prospect at this point.