White Sox News FA / Rumors / News

Chisoxfn

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ypres @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 03:24 PM)
I have no stats to back this up, but I feel like he's going to have a break out offensive year.

I hope he does, then I hope Hahn turns around and moves him ala Kris Davis as his personal window doesn't match up with the future core even with his age.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 03:37 PM)
I hope he does, then I hope Hahn turns around and moves him ala Kris Davis as his personal window doesn't match up with the future core even with his age.

Agreed. He has what, 3 years control left? Unless he wants an extension, I'd probably just sell high on him.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 04:37 PM)

I hope he does, then we move to extend him for 5 years because a late 20s hitter with 30+ HR/season power at a corner OF spot would be an absolutely ideal piece to have hitting 5th with guys like Moncada, Anderson, Collins, and Meadows in the top 4 in the lineup. Put the dynamic guys on base and then there's a guy to drive them in right at his peak production years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 03:51 PM)
I hope he does, then we move to extend him for 5 years because a late 20s hitter with 30+ HR/season power at a corner OF spot would be an absolutely ideal piece to have hitting 5th with guys like Moncada, Anderson, Collins, and Meadows in the top 4 in the lineup. Put the dynamic guys on base and then there's a guy to drive them in right at his peak production years.

two big ifs but sure, if he delivers on his promise and if he is open to a cheap extension then yes i wouldn't be against keeping him. If he delivers and isn't then he gawn.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 03:51 PM)

That's also a good point. But if he doesn't sign an extension by next off-season after having a great year, I'd probably sell high.

QUOTE (ypres @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 04:24 PM)
I have no stats to back this up, but I feel like he's going to have a break out offensive year.

I think he will move to CF and soon will remind people of Mike Trout.............................................

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 06:03 PM)
I bet all of Greg's houses that Avi doesn't have a break out year. At this point I wont even say that I hope I'm wrong because Avi isn't having a break out year, ever.

Generally I would agree with this, but either way we're eventually going to need an RBI producer or two, so if he isn't one then we're gonna have to create one somehow.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 04:22 PM)
Generally I would agree with this, but either way we're eventually going to need an RBI producer or two, so if he isn't one then we're gonna have to create one somehow.

I think the odds are great that at least one or two players emerge in the midst of the mess that next year is going to be as a surprise player. He might be one of them, who the hell knows.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 04:28 PM)
I think the odds are great that at least one or two players emerge in the midst of the mess that next year is going to be as a surprise player. He might be one of them, who the hell knows.

I know, shipps, I know.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 04:03 PM)
I bet all of Greg's houses that Avi doesn't have a break out year. At this point I wont even say that I hope I'm wrong because Avi isn't having a break out year, ever.

This post gets a well deserved BAZINGA!

Anyone who treats Sports Mockery as a legit source should know that they've cited several posters in here, including myself, as a source. They basically just type whatever they want and say they have sources and some people actually believe it.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 24m24 minutes ago

Frazier’s injury has not been a factor in #WhiteSox’s trade talks. Again, he expects to be hitting by mid-February, ready to go in spring.

Frazier’s issue arose in final few days of season. Felt it again when he resumed workouts. Had MRI, will undergo follow-up MRI tomorrow.

Sources: #WhiteSox’s Todd Frazier wearing splint as he recovers from sprained finger on left hand. Expected to be ready for spring training.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 12:18 PM)

Frazier’s injury has not been a factor in #WhiteSox’s trade talks. Again, he expects to be hitting by mid-February, ready to go in spring.

Frazier’s issue arose in final few days of season. Felt it again when he resumed workouts. Had MRI, will undergo follow-up MRI tomorrow.

Sources: #WhiteSox’s Todd Frazier wearing splint as he recovers from sprained finger on left hand. Expected to be ready for spring training.

Oh, Jose Paniagua, always the bearer of bad news.