Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 09:18 AM)
I'm not a fan of this method of analysis. Prospect rankings are entirely subjective, so attaching a dollar amount to them is only amplifying the opinion of a very small group of people- sometimes just one person, depending on the rankings.

Yeah, that is a system created by a prospect rich fanbase to de-value everyone elses established assets. The system does not take into account the bust rate of prospects.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 10:33 AM)
It is going to take more than Tucker to land Quintana.

Yea I put Tucker + in my post so I don't know where you were getting at there. As iamshack said, they are lukewarm in including Martes as well.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 10:55 AM)
Yea I put Tucker + in my post so I don't know where you were getting at there. As iamshack said, they are lukewarm in including Martes as well.

Then I suppose they and their fanbase can be fired up about those two not helping them win in the playoffs at all while the TOR starter they needed is pitching somewhere else.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 10:47 AM)
They also are a landing spot for Abreu. I'm not sure they have the prospects to land Q though.

Yeah it would be a quantity discussion for sure and depend on how much the White Sox valued a player that they chose not to select in the first round just 6 months ago.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 10:47 AM)
They also are a landing spot for Abreu. I'm not sure they have the prospects to land Q though.

Seattle does not have the prospects for a Q deal. I liked Lewis in the draft, but he took a big injury during the season and who knows how the recovery will go?

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 10:59 AM)
Yeah it would be a quantity discussion for sure and depend on how much the White Sox valued a player that they chose not to select in the first round just 6 months ago.

I would much rather land 2-3 elite prospects than take a quantity deal for Q

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 11:01 AM)
Seattle does not have the prospects for a Q deal. I liked Lewis in the draft, but he took a big injury during the season and who knows how the recovery will go?

Torn ACL. He should be just fine for this coming year. He's ahead of schedule in his rehab. (Must feel good to be young and heal quick)

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 11:01 AM)

Yeah, I agree, I'm just looking for the team to get desperate and they could fit bill.

But I do like Tyler O'Neil a lot so it isn't just Lewis.

Looking at Houston, they had a damn good lineup last year and didn't make the playoffs. Yes, they improved their lineup by acquiring Beltran and Reddick, but they aren't stars, just solid role players.

Kuechel and McHugh regressed and McCullers can't stay healthy. If they really want to go into the season with that rotation, by all means, but if you need pitching help , 5 games back of the division at the deadline, the price doubled for not adding Francis fricken Martes and Kyle Tucker.

Not sure if it was posted but baseball tonight suggested a trade:

Houston gets: Q

Sox get: Martes, Reed, Daz Cameron

They went around the table and said who says no and everyone agreed it's was a perfect trade. I know everyone wants Tucker but would you be okay with this? They said Martes is the best prospect so we would get another top prospect plus Reed and Cameron (who's Mike Cameron's son).

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 09:33 AM)

They went around the table and said who says no and everyone agreed it's was a perfect trade. I know everyone wants Tucker but would you be okay with this? They said Martes is the best prospect so we would get another top prospect plus Reed and Cameron (who's Mike Cameron's son).

f*** no. Not nearly enough upside talent coming back to the Sox. Switch out Cameron for Fisher & add Stubbs & they may be onto something but both of those bats have a huge risk potential involved & that's not something the Sox should remotely consider.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 10:33 AM)

Daz Cameron has been terrible in the low minors. Reed was terrible in his MLB stint, with a 33% K rate. I'd sooner trade Q for Martes and Tucker alone, rather than expand quantity with those other two.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 11:33 AM)

Ha, I was reading this and I think I assumed Tucker was in it and thought maybe. Hard pass for me.

Daz Cameron is absolute trash. Nothing but a set of tools. He typifies the old kind of Sox draft pick who is just not a ball player. I want nothing to do with Daz Cameron.

I would insist on Tucker being in that package over Cameron by a considerable amount

Reed still has value, but his stock has taken a significant hit with such an awful 48 game mlb cup of coffee.

Martes/Reed/Tucker is a deal I would accept

QUOTE (Ro Da Don @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
Daz Cameron is absolute trash. Nothing but a set of tools. He typifies the old kind of Sox draft pick who is just not a ball player. I want nothing to do with Daz Cameron.

Yeah, he's the guy we would have traded for 7 years ago. Please trade for some good baseball players.

QUOTE (Ro Da Don @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 11:47 AM)

Daz Cameron's inability to hit brings big question's into his ability to advance up the ladder. Tools don't matter if you can't get on base

Why should the White Sox settle for less? They don't have to trade Quintana unless they are getting outstanding value for him

The drop off from Tucker to Cameron is significant. Heck the drop off from Tucker to Fisher is significant as well.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 09:14 AM)
as opposed to praying that everyone who was signed over the offseason finds the fountain of youth and is able to recreate their career season

I enjoyed the months of discussion about how awesome Felipe Paulino was gonna be

Forrest Whitley is another interesting prospect the Stros have. 1st round high school pick in 2016. He's risky as a young pitcher, but he's got enormous upside.

I still want the sox to acquire young position prospects in a Quintana deal however. Doesn't have to be ALL position prospects, but 2-3 would be ideal.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 09:18 AM)
I'm not a fan of this method of analysis. Prospect rankings are entirely subjective, so attaching a dollar amount to them is only amplifying the opinion of a very small group of people- sometimes just one person, depending on the rankings.

I've never used it for evaluating a trade, I just used it because it was the topic at hand

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
Daz Cameron's inability to hit brings big question's into his ability to advance up the ladder. Tools don't matter if you can't get on base

I know, that's what I was getting at. The lack of performance and being a tools guy instead of a skills guy is what makes him trash. I'm willing to bet he dropped in the draft because a lot of teams view him this way.