Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

I can usually talk baseball with my wife and son, but both are blind to Quintana's value. Although they liked the return on the Sale trade (especially my son who, without my prompting, said it was nice to get the #1 prospect), both said Quintana isn't very good. I tried to explain that Quintana is nearly as valuable as Sale, but both referred to his record. I started to talk about run support, but I got mad and drank a beer instead.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:14 AM)
Man I really wanted to keep Quintana

Depending on the planned length of the rebuild, I'd love to see him stay with the Sox. I think that it he's traded, the Sox are shooting for 2019 at the earliest to be contenders.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:14 AM)
It seems like the Astros and Quintana are the perfect match. I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal made today. Outside of Bregman (assuming we can't pry him away), what kind of return package would you guys like to see?

I'll bite.

AJ Reed, Kyle Tucker and Francis Martes is a nice place to start.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:14 AM)
It seems like the Astros and Quintana are the perfect match. I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal made today. Outside of Bregman (assuming we can't pry him away), what kind of return package would you guys like to see?

Tucker and Reed need to be in it.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:17 AM)
Depending on the planned length of the rebuild, I'd love to see him stay with the Sox. I think that it he's traded, the Sox are shooting for 2019 at the earliest to be contenders.

Catch-22. We can keep Q, but our rebuild will take longer. Moving him will speed up the rebuild.

I keep Q only if I can move EVERY other guy this offseason. Regardless, I don't keep Q past next offseason. He's not Chris Sale in terms of stuff, so the White Sox right now have to push his extra year of control.

Like Steve said, I expect something done today as well. I'm honestly liking the Nats package better than what the Astros can offer. If Passan is right and Q is getting 95% of what Sale was getting, add on Robertson, Nats could be the landing spot and higher ceiling guys.

Q and Robertson for Giolito, Robles, Severino, and one of Fedde/Lopez/Kieboom.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:22 AM)
Good to see I'm not the only one that wants Reed.

Since Houston would not be including Bregman in any deal I would want multiple nice pieces coming back to the White Sox

Reed, Tucker, Martes would be a solid return

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 07:22 AM)
Preston or Kyle tucker? And I like the thought of Cameron over Tucker.

Kyle. Ewwwwww. Why? Tucker is going to straight up mash from the left side. Some of the best hit tool in the Minors with developing power.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:24 AM)
Like Steve said, I expect something done today as well. I'm honestly liking the Nats package better than what the Astros can offer. If Passan is right and Q is getting 95% of what Sale was getting, add on Robertson, Nats could be the landing spot and higher ceiling guys.

As a full package, I have to agree I like that Nats more. But out of Astros and Nats the player I like the most is Kyle Tucker - regardless of current top 100 prospect rankings compared to Robles and Giolito

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:24 AM)

I'm a little fearful Passan's comments will leave us all a little disappointed. That sounds more like a White Sox negotiating leak.

I'm sure the package will be good, albeit different. I just don't see him approaching Sales value on the market. The fact that some teams are jumping back in kind of confirms that.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:25 AM)
Since Houston would not be including Bregman in any deal I would want multiple nice pieces coming back to the White Sox

Reed, Tucker, Martes would be a solid return

You and I are on the exact same page Steve. :cheers

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 07:24 AM)
Take away Sale's strike out ability and Q's numbers are right there wifh Sale's. Now factor in the extra year of control, a dismal FA pitching market and equally dismal pitching trade market, Q's durability and clean mechanics; Q's real value begins to show.

Just my opinion but for the most part, Q has been undervalued on this board for a few years now. In '15, many wanted to trade Q for an already problematic and declining Puig. Before that, in '14, many wanted to trade Q for Castro. Q may not have the sexy stuff or the strike outs but he still puts up very good numbers that make him a legit ace.

If Q does get traded, it will be for a very good haul. Hopefully we find out sometime today. It is Wednesday after all. :D

It will be a good haul, but this board undervalues other teams prospects.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:42 AM)
And while I say that my ultimate hope is getting Brendan Rodgers for Q

Love this idea ^. I think a huge Q and Abreu package makes so much sense for both teams. Rodgers and some of their other big prospects are totally blocked by that infield and outfield logjam.

Plus Q with 4 cheap years of control is consistent with their window.