2018 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 15, 2016 -> 04:36 PM)
Soo.. is Beer the second coming of Bryce Harper? What's all the hype about?

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 12:28 AM)
Nah

I wouldn't get too attached to the guy. There is still a year and a half from now until this draft and other players will come along. Plus, as of now, we likely aren't a top 5 draft pick team yet.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 15, 2016 -> 04:36 PM)
Soo.. is Beer the second coming of Bryce Harper? What's all the hype about?

No. Bryce Harper was a generational talent as a 16 year old. Seth Beer is very good and fun though. A lot can happen in 2 years of college baseball but he reminds me of Josh Hamilton crossed with Hunter Pence if that makes any sense.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
Beer left HS a semester early and played right away if I am reading this correctly. However, the guy is 20 years old already, so he was older for his class. Still looks pretty incredible to me, but we will see if he can live up to the hype.

His swing and everything about him just reminds me of David Justice. Glad that their isn't a consensus and we will likely be in the top 3, but still would love to tank for #1 and have all the leverage.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 06:41 PM)
16 year old HS 1B Triston Casas has "re-classified" and will be in the 2018 draft. Should be a top 5 pick. His 80 grade power comp'd to Bryce Harper at same age: http://www.baseballamerica.com/high-school...p6wtDprSdTL1.97

Everyone talks about Seth Beer and rightfully so but I've seen 4 names mentioned prominently for 2018 class. Yes, I know this is a long time from now.

Joe Gray SS/CF Mississippi High School:

Luken Baker 1B/DH TCU:

Triston Casas 1B HS Florida:

Seth Beer OF/1B Clemson:

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 09:16 AM)
Everyone talks about Seth Beer and rightfully so but I've seen 4 names mentioned prominently for 2018 class. Yes, I know this is a long time from now.

Joe Gray SS/CF Mississippi High School:

Luken Baker 1B/DH TCU:

Triston Casas 1B HS Florida:

Seth Beer OF/1B Clemson:

One of these guys will likely fall and some guys not listed will make a name for themselves. Honestly, we will be fine picking top 5.

I don't know. These kids have two baseball seasons to play before the June '18 draft. Hansen was talked about being a potential 1-1 before the start of the '16 college season and look how quickly he dropped after having some struggles.

Since no one has said it yet,

Just gimme the BPA!

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 10:57 PM)
I don't know. These kids have two baseball seasons to play before the June '18 draft. Hansen was talked about being a potential 1-1 before the start of the '16 college season and look how quickly he dropped after having some struggles.

Since no one has said it yet,

Just gimme the BPA!

There is no doubt a lot can change and Beer could slip, someone else could emerge. I am rooting for Beer mostly because it's fun and would be cool to have the last name Beer on the Sox. I am not holding my breath that he actually pans out to be the 1st overall pick in 16 months.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Feb 3, 2017 -> 01:28 AM)
There is no doubt a lot can change and Beer could slip, someone else could emerge. I am rooting for Beer mostly because it's fun and would be cool to have the last name Beer on the Sox. I am not holding my breath that he actually pans out to be the 1st overall pick in 16 months.

Beer #40 or Beer #69 would be an amazing jersey to own lol

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 19, 2017 -> 07:00 PM)
Padres look like they can go 50-112 pretty easily.

Yeah, they'll be terrible too. The best we can ask for is the worst record in the AL, more good trades, and the young players showing promise for the 2019-2024 teams.

I would take the over on wins for most of the teams mentioned. Reds will be better this year than last, so will Brewers. My sneaky pick for worst team would probably be the Marlins, they are a good candidate for star heavy team that injuries would destroy because they have no depth.

Padres though, I'm just talking myself into them being better and good enough to lose 1st overall. AJ Preller doesn't deserve nice things.